Home

Mass Effect 2 Squadmates

Tysyacha

Which ME2 squadmates are your faves (and/or romances)?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which ME2 squadmates are your faves (and/or romances)?

• Jacob Taylor
    • Miranda Lawson
    • Mordin Solus
    • Garrus Vakarian
    • Jack/Subject Zero
    • Tali'Zorah vas Neema, formerly nar Rayya
    • Thane Krios
    • Grunt
    • Samara
    • Morinth
    • Legion
    • Zaeed Massani

We don’t need no stinking poll to tell us that the Quarian heartbreaker will be the winner. Tali FTW.

Tali is my favorite from both games. Although her usefulness ended with ME1.

Useful for ME2: Miranda Lawson & Mordin Solus

Favorite Recruiting Quest: Jack, Thane and Tali.

Favorite Loyality Quest: Miranda, Samara and Tali.

Comic Relief: Mordin and Legion

Romance: Tali, Maranda and Thane

Guarding the Ship: Zaeed and Jacob

If you eliminate squad mates Tali’ and Garrus because of their involvement in ME1, then my favorite new squad mates from ME2 are Mordin and Thane, Miranda is close, but I kept expecting here to shoot Shepard in the back at some point during the game.

I also liked Jack way more than I expected to after watching the trailer. Since I haven’t done the romance with Jack she may move up my list depending on if she has any more to say in a romance with Shepard, but there is no way she will overtake Tali'.

lolz.. poll multichoice fail.

I voted for Legion. I added him to my team last but was most fond of him. Definitely adds that that futuristic vibe to have him alongside you. Other than that I used to pick Jack the most, despite being a whiny sod, she held her own. What I do like about ME2 is that its quite possible to play the game and let your squadmates do their thing. I cant be bothered making 3 lots of decisions a once, but it's good to have that option in there for the control freaks among us.

I don't get the Tali love. Whiny, living in her father's shadow, bleh. Grow up girl! Give me Samara any day. Has just as much baggage as anyone else and handles it with grace and control. My type of (blue skinned) gal :) The idea of romance with Tali reminds me of the "bring out the gimp" scene in Pulp Fiction... why would you want to get jiggy with someone trapped in a mask? Weirdos..... :p

TalivsGimp.jpg

In Samara's case, well you have these:

Samara.jpg

ah well, whatever rocks one's boat I guess :)

mtfbwya

I don't get the Tali love. Whiny, living in her father's shadow, bleh. Grow up girl! Give me Samara any day.

It would have made more sense to use Miranda or Jack to prove your point. They're romanceable, Samara isn't. But who am I kidding? I romanced Tali myself.

Do I really need to answer? :xp:

Tali's recruit quest, loyalty quest & romance are by far the most developed and involved quests in the game.

Add a bit of Russia/Romanian accent and * swooooon *

I work with a Romanian girl and every time she talks I go in to trance now. I'm sure she probably thinks I'm some class-A weirdo by now.. hehehe

Just waiting for the restraining order :lol:

I don't get the Tali love. Whiny, living in her father's shadow, bleh. Grow up girl!

I won't even grace the reply with such a blashphemous re-post of the picture :xp:

Good sir, you have besmirched my lovely Tali. Pistols at dawn my good man o_Q

Give me Samara any day.

Deal. No taksie-backies :xp: You can have her. I don't even talk to her after the loyalty quest anymore. I swear she's more emo than Jack :¬:

ah well, whatever rocks one's boat I guess :)

Indeed bro. Hell, just another example of how great this game is and how it appeals to so many varied tastes. :D

Well, lets just hope Tali isn't a case where you remove the veil from a woman w/a "hawt" voice and entrancing eyes......to find a mustache, beard and messed up teeth. :p

As for squad members, have only recruited about 3 others so far (Garrus, Jack and Mordin), so can't say (still too early in game).

You wouldn't. :xp:

Indeed I didn't, I messed up her loyalty mission because I wanted her to face the truth and move on, then she got all whiney about not listening to her for the rest of the game. As a result, I wasn't that distraught when she got incinerated in the first part of the final level :thmbup1:

Besides, I have a femshep, so Tali love wont happen even if she didn't hate me :p

I swear she's more emo than Jack

She just had to kill her kid because she was a mass murderer, yet she mediatates and carries on with her job. Jack whines, mopes in the basement and tells you to bugger off when you try to talk to her !!

Indeed bro. Hell, just another example of how great this game is and how it appeals to so many varied tastes.

WORDICON.png

mtfbwya

Well, lets just hope Tali isn't a case where you remove the veil from a woman w/a "hawt" voice and entrancing eyes......to find a mustache, beard and messed up teeth. :p
I trust my male Shepard and according to the look on his face when he took off Tali's helmet that isn't something you have to worry about.

Besides, I have a femshep, so Tali love wont happen even if she didn't hate me :p[/Quote] I play 90% of RPG as a female, Tali’ and Miranda forced me to play ME2 at least a few times as a male. Too bad I didn’t have any level 60 male Shepard’s to import.

One of the annoying things about ME2 is the romance limits how much dialogue you get with NPCs you just want to be friends with. On the bright side it does force me to play the game multiple times.

I found Miranda, Legion, and Grunt to be some of my favorite characters.

Miranda gave a great scene if you brought her along during the final mission (I can only imagine the imminent coronary that the Illusive Man is going to have next game), as well as the hateful banter with Jack (Joker's "take pictures!" line had me cracking up). Of course, her combat abilities weren't as useful as other squad member's, but decent biotics made up for it.

Legion and Grunt provided a bit of fun, too. Both had upgradeable weapons and could generally hold their own in a fight, though, Grunt's lines tended to be a bit more... gross.

Of course, Morodin's dialogue takes the cake, with with the 'additional uses of biotics.' :xp:

I trust my male Shepard and according to the look on his face when he took off Tali's helmet that isn't something you have to worry about.

Just trying to mock-provoke Chainz. :D Besides, no guarantee your Shep ain't into ugly chicks... :xp: Anway, gotta get back to the game.

Tali takes first place, of course, Garrus follows second. They are not only from the old crew, but to me the favorites from the old crew. When it comes to the new crew, I'd have to pick Legion, since it's the most interesting character of them all. As for the rest, I find them more or less equally amusing, with the exception of Mordin, who is supercool.

So far, I'm disappointed that there's no Samara romance for a female Shepard. After all, asari can mate with any species and gender, so what the hey? I wish I could switch outfits with her, though, for my Garrus tryst. ;)

Here's what I think of all the squad-mates I've recruited so far:

Jacob: He's handsome and all, a decent fighter, but bland as a character.

Miranda: SHE'S the reason why I don't trust Cerberus worth a !#@#.

Mordin Solus: Hilarious! Debating whether to slog through Tuchanka again...

Grunt: He's the anti-Wrex, meaning he's mostly dead-serious. Good fighter.

Jack: Witchy no matter what you say to her if you're female. Waste of time.

Thane: Mysterious and creepy. I wish he hadn't worked for the hanar. Bleah!

Samara: Wow. I'm instantly drawn to her, and her introductory movie rocks!

Garrus: <3 <3 <3 *TACKLE* *CENSORED* <3 <3 <3

My .02. *plink plink* :)

So far, I'm disappointed that there's no Samara romance for a female Shepard. After all, asari can mate with any species and gender, so what the hey?

I motion that Tysyacha be declared president of the known universe immediately!! :D

Lesbo-Samara-rama is a policy that I'm happy to give my all for :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

My favourite for ME 2 must be Samara: not just because of the looks :p

Like Astro pointend out, har har har. No its also the voice acting.

Can't remember which actress did her, but the voice fits very well.

The dialogue, conversations and sidequest are one of the best in the game, IMO.

So I almost took her on each mission I had.

On second are Garrus or Grunt. Always liked Garrus from the first game, his intro mission in ME 2 is great. Grunt I didn't like that much from what I had seen of the previews and clips.

That changed while playing and taking him on missions.

Mordin is just funny, though I used him less.

Miranda and Jacob, pretty méh on them. Not that interesting.

Archived