Home

Mass Effect Weapons

Inyri

What I'll do eventually when I have enough made is actually make them custom weapons. As I release them individually I'm just doing replacements.

Just an update. I'm only about half done with the texture, but I think it's okay enough to show. As always, feel free to crit. The white bits are areas where the paint has worn away. I'm planning on using an environment map there to make them shine which should look pretty cool if I do it right.

widow-wip.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While it may not be as functional or exactly what you're going for (replacement), it would be cool if it could be HK-47's personal sniper rifle or something.

Well making the .uti is always better IMO 'cause you can just rename it to replace whatever you wish (replacing the Sith Sniper Rifle or whatever), or keep the new weapon instead (like a personal sniper rifle for HK47 as suggested here) ... :)

oh and I like a lot those white areas with paint worn away, an unexpected very cool 'touch' indeed from your part ... :thmbup1:

Wow! That looks really nice! But I'm just wondering, will you be able to make Shepard's N7 Onyx armor?
Well, the title of the thread is Mass Effect Weapons. I have no plans for any armor mods at this time.

Little update. Feel free to comment on the sizing of the Widow. Seemed fairly accurate to me (and I played through a whole game of ME2 with this weapon... <3).

th_me-weps.jpg

Psst. It's a video.

Looks great, but I couldn't see in the video its distance to the floor. I've seen a few weapons actually "inserted" into the ground when holding them in rest position ... :raise: and that might be a minor annoyance ...

sure it doesn't touch the ground? what about females who are normally shorter? :)

Doesn't touch the ground with males (video is cropped). Haven't checked females yet.

Edit (6/6/10): I don't think I'm going to make any more ME models right now (unless someone has a burning desire for something I haven't made yet and can convince me I want to make it). What I need before I wrap this up is some input from you guys. First, do you want me to release the Widow on its own as a replacement the way I have it set up now? If not, what my plan is is to take these three weapons and put them in-game legitimately.

What I need is some input on where to place them and what stats to give them (for KotOR1 and TSL). If I don't get any input I'll have to figure it out myself, and at that point there'll be more of a chance that it'll conflict with your guys' favorite mods since I probably don't use them and am not familiar with them. So leave your two cents. Thanks.

TSL:

* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.

* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:

* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.

* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right? :raise:

still have to see about pistols stats ... :) oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall :lol: ...

TSL:

* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.

* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:

* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.

* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right?

still have to see about pistols stats ... oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall ...

That's fine to me, and if any one want to change the weapon's stats theirselves it's not so hard ^^

Archived