Home

Republic Armored Robes

ReadMe:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Republic Armored Robes - ReadMe

Description:

This will add and implement into the game two *brand new* types of models - a "Jedi General Robe" and an "Armored Republic Robe". Before I go any further, I must point out that the discovery of model merging in this way was made by VarsityPuppet. The models I have created are a Jedi robe merged with the Republic Officer's uniform and the Republic Armor. The Jedi General Robe comes in three variations and the Republic Armor in 4. Each armor has its own unique icon, stats, and descriptions (as seen in the screenshots) and were scripted into the game seamlessly by FrantFire aka GeorgNihilus. The armors have been scripted into two locations, both on Dxun: the Republic Crash site and on the corpse outside the mandalorian cache.

Notes:

Like I said above, the armors can be found in two places, the Republic crash site (check all the corpses!) and outside the Mandalorian cache. There you will also find a datapad explaining why the items are where they are.

Installation:

Extract the files,

Just Press Install,

Select your Kotor2 Directory which is located at:

My Computer>C:>ProgramFiles>Lucasrts>SWKotOR2

Credits:

Thank you to VarsityPuppet for finding out how to combine models.

Thank you to FrantFire/GeorgNihilus for expertly getting the items in-game.

Thank you to jonathan7 for allowing me to include his awesome skin in this mod.

Permissions:

You may not use this mod in any of your mods or alter this publicly in any way without my consent. Contact me at dakdrexl@gmail.com or Dak Drexl on LucasForums.

Enjoy!

Screenies:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

reprobe.png

reprobe2.png

reprobe3.png

jedgen.png

jedgen2.png

jedigen4.png

1150997.jpg

Download at KotorFiles

I think it'd also be a good idea to make all these armours without the robes, just something to think about.

Well, without the robes, they are much easier to edit to be usable by the player. There might be a mod on Kfiles that does this, though most of them are for K1.

Well first off thanks for the positive feedback from everyone.

As for making the armors useable without the robes, I would not personally do this because I think they would be pretty boring without the robes. If someone else wants do to this however they are welcome to use my skins. Just ask j7 about his individually.

Great to see this finally ready. VarsityPuppet did indeed a great job mixing those models, impressive. And the medallions there in the armors are outstanding.

I prefer the Jedi darkblue-dark yellow version and the camo one, appropiate for Dxun right? a shame there's no Kashyyyk in TSL to wear this one ah? :)

keep up the great work Dak :thmbup1:

Wow thanks Qui-Gon. It's really great to get compliments from the guys who have been around a while and seen their share of great mods :)

You're right, the whole team deserves all the credit. Yes I made the robes, but it wouldn't have been possible without VP's findings, and then you would have had to cheat and feel awful about yourself to get the robes if it wasn't for GeorgNihilus. Without his help the mod wouldn't have been so polished. You also gotta thank jonathan7 for his sweet armor skin. So all in all I'm very happy with how this turned out.

Thank you for the great feedback everyone!

I have to say(just because I didn't in my last post), that this is great work. Though there is just, one small problem.

Why no female version? Not that I don't play as a male, but that just seems like a slap in the face to any female players or even someone like me, who just prefers to play as a female in any game that its possibility. I don't mean to offend, it just seems that there would've been female jedi that would've done what it says in the description of the items, namely the Exile, if female.

I have to say(just because I didn't in my last post), that this is great work. Though there is just, one small problem.

Why no female version? Not that I don't play as a male, but that just seems like a slap in the face to any female players or even someone like me, who just prefers to play as a female in any game that its possibility. I don't mean to offend, it just seems that there would've been female jedi that would've done what it says in the description of the items, namely the Exile, if female.

I second this motion.

Well I could certainly make a "plug-in", or update, to the mod that adds a female model. The problem is I could only make the "Republic armored robe" female-wearable. This is because the new models need to replace something else, so I replaced two unused slots in the appearance.2da: the "armored flight suit" and the empty male slot for the dancer's outfit. so, if the female were able to wear the "Jedi General robe", it would overrwrite the dancers outfit model. But, I guess I could make the general robe an "optional" in the add-on. Sorry for that kind of mouth full of a response but please let me know your thoughts.

Well I could certainly make a "plug-in", or update, to the mod that adds a female model. The problem is I could only make the "Republic armored robe" female-wearable. This is because the new models need to replace something else, so I replaced two unused slots in the appearance.2da: the "armored flight suit" and the empty male slot for the dancer's outfit. so, if the female were able to wear the "Jedi General robe", it would overrwrite the dancers outfit model. But, I guess I could make the general robe an "optional" in the add-on. Sorry for that kind of mouth full of a response but please let me know your thoughts.

I'd suggest just taking up the Jel Shay Armour slot for both males and females and thus that would solve the problem...

That part I knew, and I even thought of that problem when I posted before. Replacing the Dancer model wouldn't exactly be a problem, though it would obviously make the scene with Vogga not to appealing. The Jal Shey slot would work(like J7 suggested), as would the Revan Model slot(which would be preferable to those who either like the Jal Shey model, or use Shem's "Sith Lord Armor" mod).

That part I knew, and I even thought of that problem when I posted before. Replacing the Dancer model wouldn't exactly be a problem, though it would obviously make the scene with Vogga not to appealing. The Jal Shey slot would work(like J7 suggested), as would the Revan Model slot(which would be preferable to those who either like the Jal Shey model, or use Shem's "Sith Lord Armor" mod).

I have to agree. Replacing the Jal Shey armors is a good idea... I personally never liked them that much honestly.

I personally hate the Jal Shey armors also. I think replacing those is a good idea. After this though, I hope to make a sith version because a lot of people have asked. I would love to have the 2 mods (republic and sith) compatible, so I think I would replace both the Jal Shey armors and the Revan robes because I really don't think it makes sense to play as Revan in TSL :p

Thanks for the guidance everyone, look to see sith armors (male and female) and female republic armors in the coming weeks which will be a big update to finish up the mod.

Archived