Home

Sony network hacked

Totenkopf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care about getting free PS+ or 1st party titles, though it will be nice and I'm sure a lot of other consumers were expecting it and will be grateful. The thing that I liked was Kaz's personally apology, owning up to Sony's **** up. What I really want to see though is how Sony will compensate the 3rd party developers that have content on the PS Store that isn't making any money for them right now, especially for those Indie devs where digital downloads are really the only source of income. In the long run, the support of the developers will make a much larger difference than the loss of consumers. At least I that's what I would think.

No offense, but that's pretty stupid and ignorant. This could have just as easily happened to MS, or any company for that matter.

But it didn't happen to Microsoft. It happened to Sony instead. I don't have a PS3 and because of it happening to a system I don't have, but the rival one makes me glad I made that choice for the time being. So if you want to call that stupid, go ahead. I don't give a crap. :rolleyes:

But it didn't happen to Microsoft. It happened to Sony instead. I don't have a PS3 and because of it happening to a system I don't have, but the rival one makes me glad I made that choice for the time being. So if you want to call that stupid, go ahead. I don't give a crap. :rolleyes:

how very immature and fanboy-ish.

still, this thread isn't about xbox being "better"

in fact it has nothing to do with the console..just the network..

how very immature and fanboy-ish.

Talk about being snobbish.

still, this thread isn't about xbox being "better"

You're comprehending what I said incorrectly.

People really like to make things into something they're not. Living proof that some people don't have enough drama in their lives so they create it.

Here's another way to look at it.

Let's say someone is shot and killed. It's reported. I say I'm glad I wasn't shot. Then someone calls my comment. "pretty stupid and ignorant" because it could have been me. The point is, it wasn't and I'm grateful.

:rolleyes:

Talk about being snobbish.

You're comprehending what I said incorrectly.

How was I being snobbish? You are doing a typical fanboy thing, looking at something that's gone wrong, that's part of the PS3, and gone "LOL WTF IM GLAD I BOUGHT MY XBOX! PS3 SUXX!"

as for comprehending what you said incorrectly. I really don't think I am. Just read above again to note what you were doing

I don't give a crap. :rolleyes:
You're being awfully defensive for someone who doesn't give a crap. :raise:

Here's another way to look at it.

Let's say someone is shot and killed. It's reported. I say I'm glad I wasn't shot. Then someone calls my comment. "pretty stupid and ignorant" because it could have been me. The point is, it wasn't and I'm grateful.

:rolleyes:

You know just as well as I do that the hack of PSN and someone being shot aren't comparable situations. Unless of course you consider the security of your Xbox Live account to equate to the security of your life, in wish case I take it back, and apologize. :)

How was I being snobbish? You are doing a typical fanboy thing, looking at something that's gone wrong, that's part of the PS3, and gone "LOL WTF IM GLAD I BOUGHT MY XBOX! PS3 SUXX!"

as for comprehending what you said incorrectly. I really don't think I am. Just read above again to note what you were doing

Well, here is how you're wrong.

I believe the PS3 to be the superior system. When I made the choice to by an Xbox instead, I did it for two main reasons.

1. I could get it cheaper.

2. I had two brothers and a nephew who each had one as well. That way I could play with them on Xbox Live.

So for you to judge my response a "fanboy-ish" is a misjudgement on your part. Basically you're reading in to something that isn't there.

You know just as well as I do that the hack of PSN and someone being shot aren't comparable situations. Unless of course you consider the security of your Xbox Live account to equate to the security of your life, in wish case I take it back, and apologize. :)

Dude, quit patronizing me and get that thumb out of your ass.

I don't get why you guys are picking on Shem. He made a decision about which console to invest in and he's relieved that the one he chose wasn't the one to take the hit.

Nothing more.

They're doing it because they're not very good people who have nothing else better to do in their lives. It's like I said before. With some people there isn't enough drama in their normal lives that they have to create it. It's a sad truth, but it's there and here is again living proof of it.

Dude, quit patronizing me and get that thumb out of your ass.

--------

They're doing it because they're not very good people who have nothing else better to do in their lives. It's like I said before. With some people there isn't enough drama in their normal lives that they have to create it. It's a sad truth, but it's there and here is again living proof of it.

Take your own advice; who is patronizing whom now? All I was pointing out was that it was ignorant to make the implication that it couldn't have happened to a Xbox Live account. Simple as that.

Take your own advice; who is patronizing whom now?

You're complaining about it now? Who patronized who first? What did you expect me to be a pushover over something? FYI, I don't put up with people's sh... crap! Hopefully you'll remember that the next time you decide to talk down on me out of the blue.

All I was pointing out was that it was ignorant

Quit downplaying it. You also called my comment stupid as well which was totally out line! I mean, WTF did I ever do to you? Or do you just think you're better than everyone around here? I mean it would explain your attitude.

BTW, what did you expect to happen when you call a person's comment ignorant and stupid? Did you really think good things would happen from it? You sure act like it should have. That in itself is pretty ignorant, don't you think?

to make the implication that it couldn't have happened to a Xbox Live account. Simple as that.

I never said that directly now did I? You just made that assumption. Now what is that saying where you assume, you make a "what" out of yourself? ;)

Man sees two products, needs to pick one.

Man picks product A.

Users of product B get problem, could have hit A just as easily, but only hits B.

Man feels lucky that he picked A, since it didn't happen to get hit, despite its vulnerability.

This is the situation Shem presented. There is no implication of one product being superior to another, unless the reader manufactures one.

All this back and forth anger is pointless. Feel free to call me condescending, but everyone please just calm down.

Maybe stupid was the wrong word, would it matter if I had said foolish, which is essentially the same thing? Saying that you are glad that you are not in the same boat as PSN users as a result of your Xbox ownership is implying that you feel more secure with a Xbox Live account. Which is a foolish and ignorant way to look at the subject because no system is hack-proof and what happened to the PSN database could have happened to any database storing user information. I prefaced my initial statement with "no offense" in an attempt to make it non-personal, but instead pointing out a flaw in the "Xbox is safe" mentality. Clearly though, that wasn't enough as this has escalated to beyond ridiculous and as such, I'm done with this.

>implying

:p

15GrandMoffTarkin.jpg

"This bickering is pointless..."

Everyone knows that no digital system/network is safe and I don't think anyone is really saying that one system is more "uncrackable" than another... of course, it can be said that some systems/networks present a much more tempting target over others. At this point in time, Sony was a very tempting target and you can't deny that with all that's been happening with them over the last few months, they did have a target painted on their ass. On the other side of things, it's been very quiet and uneventful with Microsoft.

That's just the way things played out, but I think Sony is handling things well now after the initial shock.

Archived