Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

making alot of changes to my mentality of life this month...making myself a better person, better soldier, and going to follow my dreams and fight for what I want in life, it got me this far and so far it was way more than worth the fight. (talking about what I had to go through to get back in the military, and back onto the dmd list for this deployment) active duty is more physically demanding, so going to spend alot of time in the gym and hardcore dieting, also listening and taking initiative so I can end up running some of these missions we're doing.

Did you ever have braces?
No.

I did have both my baby teeth and adult growing in at the same time. A double row of teeth, like a shark. But somehow everything grew in straight. My impacted wisdom tooth pushed everything together before I got it out, but it didn't seem to have a permanent effect.

I dunno... as far as my teeth go, I was pretty blessed and lucky. I never even had a cavity... and I used to take pretty lousy care of them.

My cat has caught cabin fever.

When I came home from work and if he is normally in the garage he escapes out the back cat door. It was frozen shut, so he ran up the opposite side of my 2-door garage and went back out. I had to call to him from the back porch and he was over in the neighbors yard and came romping in a hurry through the 12 inch deep snow we have.

After a bit to eat (he had not been fed since 2pm and it was now 930pm) he started attacking his scratching chair, and went over to his toy box to complain. Yes, Daddy had to play with him. So i got one of his toys out (the Felt cat-o-nine tails) and played with him. after a 5 minutes of that I had to play hide and seek with him. After giving chase he would hide, and a few minutes later he would come out and wait for me to give chase again.

Finally let him out again after he realized there was no door to summer

update: just let him back in and he is now curled up and purring in my lap. makes being a cat owner worth it

found some crazy **** the last few days...found a 155mm at round the other day and today we found a cache of ak47 magazines (still loaded with ammo) left over from the gulf war. its like an episode of 'mud men' but out in the ****in desert. not a bad time.

Snow is coming. They seem very reluctant to cancel all the weekend shows despite the fact we are supposed to get hammered. At the very least a foot everywhere. 2 feet in a lot of places. Maybe even 3 feet in a couple of spots.

Power outages, 50-60 mph winds, and and coastal flooding are expected.

So of course I'm going to make it to work! Why wouldn't I?

Should be a fun weekend...

My winter boots are crappy. Gonna run out this morning and buy a new pair before we are all buried alive. Maybe another bag of ice melt... if I can actually find any.

College is closed today and the show tomorrow was postponed. They still want to try to do the Sunday show. I think that's optimistic. The city was shut down for about 4 days in '78's blizzard... and this one is predicted to be worse.

Archived