Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... that SUCKED. :mad:

Lost power Friday night at 10. Just got it back on (Sunday morning at 5-ish.)

My bedroom: 38 degrees F. I've been bundled up fully dressed under 3 comforters just to stay warm.

Spent 3+ hours digging out yesterday... mainly just to get to my car and charge my phone. The snow drifts were chest high on me.

The snow here wasn't anywhere near as bad as some places around here though. One town got more than 40 inches.

19818_10151282672058461_1752354018_n.jpg

603968_10151282767943461_590108320_n.jpg

I can't wait until this place warms up a bit more... because, DAYAMMMMMM... I need a shower badly!

Supposedly, there's a concert going on at work today. I won't be there. I found someone to cover for me.

I really doubt there's going to be any audience... it's a John Denver tribute show. His audience has to be mostly all little old ladies... 50+ years old... I can tell you, they won't be coming out tonight. There's no parking in Boston, and no public transit running at the moment. And still a lot of power outages in the towns around Boston.

But... The show must go on... Right?

:rolleyes:

In wisconsin we have gone beyond just snow to the combination of snow and freezing rain

For those that didn't look at my facebook post. I reached 256 pounds and for the first time in my life I need to lose weight. m Playing a game with myself tying to get my calorie intake to around 2000, instead of the 3000 I was normally having.

thats what marriage does to someone lol just let yourself go...

yeah i decided i need to lose weight after getting here and having gained 20 pounds in a month....and this month i decided im going strictly vegetarian...for a whole month to see if i can lose weight that way. so far i survived 2 meals eating just salad and steamed veggies, and my other rule is NO dressing of any kind. drinks i can drink cranberry juice or water.

my goal for when i get back home is to be down to 140-150 pounds. right now i weigh between 195 and 205. i weighed 175 before i went to camp shelby, and this was me eating mcdonalds like 3x+ a week, but also lots of walking.

its alot easier to stick to a diet here because all the food is prepared, at home i'd NEVER make myself a salad, **** that it takes too long to prepare, is ****ing expensive, expires way too fast and is not that filling for what it costs.

Gluten free diets (if you can stomach the food) can cut out a lot of calories. It's more expensive, but generally healthier for you anyway. We did it for a month and we both straight up lost 10 lbs. no change in activity either.

Baking is harder, but adding pudding to cakes and breads makes them less dry and crappy tasting. We're still testing how much pudding (Vanilla) to put in regular ol' bread. Last load was too squishy and mushy.

But.... it takes a lot of will power not to down a bag of Oreo's when you see 'em.

Snowpocalyse is over here. Hopefully that will be the last of the major snow storms. We got about a foot, maybe a foot and a half.

My weight gain had more to do with working 2nd shift and having 4 meals a day. Now I am having 3 small meals and some snacks. been able to keep my intake down to under 1500 calories before i come home from work

Interesting thing to note. At my job (Ace hardware distribution) we are sending about 600 snow rakes to New York so they can deal with all the snow that people in wisconsin call a normal winter

Finally able to check in...lost power for about 36 hours and when I was restored, I didn't have cable, which was restored this morning. I had my phone, but all I was doing with it was calling, Facebook, and my bowling forums (I find my phone's browser clunky, but I needed to update the virtual league guys on what was happening with their secretary.).

this diet sucks. but i am managing to hang in. going to the gym to burn actual fat off i guess...we'll see. not feeling the greatest right now, specifically feeling alot of resentment towards my organic unit who don't give a **** about me, i'm either going to transfer to another unit or go active when i get home...or just as they said 'suck it up'

lol sorry!!! playing farcry 2 right now. :)

tracking how long ive been here via star wars the old republic time cards. hahaha every 60 days i gotta have my mom buy me one and message me the pin. my parents are ****ing awesome. :)

also farcry 3 is on the way along with art of star wars the old republic book and star wars the old republic encyclopedia. also my us history 1 book for my college friend who's here.

lol damn...

yup its pretty freaky

Good luck! Babies may seem like a lot of trouble at first, but enjoy them while they are all sweet and cute, before they grow up a little and get all mouthy :rolleyes:

thanks! today might be the day....too early to tell

due date is the 21st but we been to labor and delivery for early labor once and it started up at like 3am this morning

we are both at work now though :D

Well... that SUCKED. :mad:

Lost power Friday night at 10. Just got it back on (Sunday morning at 5-ish.)

My bedroom: 38 degrees F. I've been bundled up fully dressed under 3 comforters just to stay warm.

Spent 3+ hours digging out yesterday... mainly just to get to my car and charge my phone. The snow drifts were chest high on me.

The snow here wasn't anywhere near as bad as some places around here though. One town got more than 40 inches.

yikes! my bro got tons too, but no power outage in E Walpole for him. he was uber hard to get ahold of all weekend though

yup its pretty freaky

thanks! today might be the day....too early to tell

due date is the 21st but we been to labor and delivery for early labor once and it started up at like 3am this morning

we are both at work now though :D

Good luck and congrats!

:joy:

Having a crappy day. Tired. Feel blah. Kinda down...

Tomorrow is the first V-Day in several years I haven't had to worry about. I have kinda mixed feelings about that...

Banged into the car next to me in the parking lot today. The spot was pretty tight, and the other car was sticking out pretty far from the space. A little scuff on their bumper. Not terrible... but enough to notice. Newish shiny black Acura.

I feel kinda crappy about it, but I didn't know what to do. I thought about leaving a note... but in the end I didn't, as I was already in a rush. Maybe if they see it they'll figure it was me and leave a note. Or damage my car... Who knows with people? It should polish and buff out. I doubt insurance would get involved at that level.

Archived