Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome. the new enemies are tough, new weapons aren't too bad either. going to go pick up Far Cry 3 soon.

heh at least im not crying about not having a girlfriend anymore....that's one good thing about video games i guess. keeps me out of trouble...kind of wishing i was with my organic company isntead of attached to another one...

finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome.

I tend to stay away from games that seemingly appear as something that has been washed rinsed and repeated a few times with a new sticker on it saying that its another sequel.

just my opinion.

Florida is nice... Though it has rained pretty much since I landed.

It's kinda weird being pretty much the youngest person in the area everywhere we go... By at least 10 or 15 years when you are 42...

Congrats Cracken!

It's been a rough time... But the more I think about it all, the better off I feel about the situation for all involved. I'm pretty sure a breaking point would have been reached eventually had things not gone down the way they did... Probably sooner rather than later.

I think when I get back I'll be ready to figure out my next moves...

A trip to the Moog factory sounds like my kind of field trip! Hopefully the pin down the ghost in the machine and exercise it!

A trip to the Moog factory sounds like my kind of field trip! Hopefully the pin down the ghost in the machine and exercise it!

Alas, no. I replicated the issue for him, but he still couldn't hear it. He mentioned being a metal head, and his hearing probably wasn't what it once was. And the room we were in was a bit noisy. Anyway, I asked if we could listen to another unit. We hooked up the reference unit and...same thing! It might have been a bit quieter, but I could hear the same thing coming out of that one. So...this must be a quirk of the Voyager design. It's hard to believe it could have done unnoticed all this time, though granted I was doing some unusual things with my levels to work in some special effects. It sounds to me like the mixer output bleeds a bit into the normal output channels, especially the right one.

So that's kind of annoying, but I should be able to rejigger my studio setup to get around it. It was probably worth the trip to get the peace of mind that it wasn't some issue unique to my unit. Everyone there was really nice, and it was a cool place. I saw a bit of it, but they give tours as well. They invited me to stay for one, but I wanted to start back, since it was such a long drive. Maybe I'll head back that way some time and take one, though.

It's a heck of a drive for one day (500 miles from where I am), but it was quite beautiful, through the mountains. It was nice to get away from home for a while and have a little adventure, too. If only I had had a lady to take along, it would have been a swell weekend getaway.

ghost recon future soldier is awesome. waiting for the px to finish their inventory and get me a copy of Far Cry 3. :) what is this "work" you all speak of.

@my ex: hahaha i got the life, bitch u shouldnt have left me! i'm making a bigger difference than you ever will.

finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome. the new enemies are tough, new weapons aren't too bad either. going to go pick up Far Cry 3 soon.

I get bored playing single player FPS now. They all seem the same and to me end up being a 3-D version of super mario, with point and click action. and they get SO repetitive that I try to find weird and unusual ways to kill opponents to keep it interesting.

I tried playing Bioshock, and got fed up after the usual "The way is blocked, go this way it is longer and more dangerous"

ghost recon is a little different, more tactical, and far cry is different as it's open world pretty much, i dont really like the single player as far as repetition on cod, the achievements are blah and not really any point to it i like ghost recon cause you have to use tactics.

i found metal gear collection for $30 today...decided to buy it. *shrug* still waiting for px to get my copy of far cry 3!!!

Happy b-day Kinnison! :D

And I think most of you pretty much have heard that J.J. Abrams, who has directed the two Star Trek reboots, has been tabbed to direct Star Wars Episode 7. I liked the first Star Trek, and am hearing good things about the one coming out this summer, so I hope Abrams can do for Star Wars what he's done for Star Trek.

Yes, it is my birthday. 38 now. Getting ready for my Boardgame party by cleaning the house up... on my birthday. Later on going to go to a sushi restaurant for my birthday dinner. Also I got all my Talisman miniatures painted. At least base coats and some Wet/Dry brushing. Still need to do fine detail work and finish the bases, but they are done.

And I think most of you pretty much have heard that J.J. Abrams, who has directed the two Star Trek reboots, has been tabbed to direct Star Wars Episode 7. I liked the first Star Trek, and am hearing good things about the one coming out this summer, so I hope Abrams can do for Star Wars what he's done for Star Trek.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

i really need to stop thinking about the future and especially about relationships. it's ****ing with my head. why can't i just be happy for once i got everything that i ****ing wanted, i'm HERE damn it. maybe its cause i am 29 and single and also i think part of me is pissed cause it's been almost a year since i got dumped by my fiance, plus ****ing valentines day is coming up and that's about the time i got dumped, and just reflecting on that, my age, no chance in hell with any girls i know cause they're all taken or are sluts...

3 things that am am thankful for...

being here

student loan getting paid off in next 3 months

video game time :)

any consolation R15, I didn't find my future wife until I was 35. I remember when I was like you and hoping that any Lady that smiled at me or treated me nice could be the one. It wasn't until I started dating again that I realized the best way to get the Ladies was to be so confident in yourself you didn't need anyone else

Confidence is sexy

Archived