Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Valentines is historically one of the most likely days couples will break up.

It is also become one of the more marketed holidays, that does a really good job of making singles feel depressed.

In fact, my wife and I typically celebrate valentines day NOT on the day in question.

Tho we are going out to eat at one of our favorite resturants

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell, i got dumped between my birthday and valentines day. celebrating this year with Xbox One. :) actually going with a friend to Virginia. :)

I've been talking to this chick who lives in philly, she said she's interested in me, but without me having a car anymore and us being 2 1/2 hours apart if i did get a vehicle, i don't see it going anywhere...

truth is, i could care less because i never met her in person, and I just don't know...i'm enjoying having a bank account. i let her know about my car situation today (tho on my profile online i said i dont have a car), i bet that'll be a huge turnoff. :) oh well!

A guy I used to work for was telling me about all the great times he's been having through Adult Friend Finder. Really tried to sell me on signing up.

I just don't see that happening. I am many things... but a guy who is hooking up with random semi-anonymous skanks off the internet for one-night-stands is not something I'll ever be in this lifetime.

The fantasy is fun to think about... the reality of actually going through with it is just... ewww.

heh i ain't gonna lie, i checked out aff, it's a breeding ground for STDs, stay away!!!

Got a new pair of running shoes tonight, Asics GT 2000. expensive, but well worth the price, I'm going to run tomorrow morning, assuming it's not frost-bite cold out.

pt or die all month for me. i need to pass my pt test next drill so i don't get flagged as a pt failure. 1-5 degrees outside, 2 mile run. can i handle it? guess i'll find out. more concerned about the walk back to the bus stop in soaking wet clothes. it's just asking to get some kind of upper respiratory infection. :( but i want to pass so i dont gotta take a ****ing pt test every ****ing month, that **** is annoying.

"Singleton's Inadequacy Reminder Day" is fast approaching! Is everyone prepared? Have you all girded your loins?

Got the bullet picked out and everything! Oh, that's not what you meant? I guess I'll just sit at the piano and sing this song, yet again:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

It's become my annual tradition :dozey:

Got a new pair of running shoes tonight, Asics GT 2000. expensive, but well worth the price, I'm going to run tomorrow morning, assuming it's not frost-bite cold out.

Broke in a new pair of running shoes myself this morning. 5 miles. It was like 7 degrees outside. My heart and lungs are now completely frozen and nonfunctional.

nice, that's further than i went...i stopped after a mile then did intervals for another mile. walked another mile to the bus stop then another 3/4 mile home. so far the shoes are great. i gotta get out and run every single day (even if there's snow and ice....) because i have a pt test next month and if i don't pass it i'll be really mad at myself.

Got the bullet picked out and everything! Oh, that's not what you meant? I guess I'll just sit at the piano and sing this song, yet again...

It's become my annual tradition :dozey:

Hmmm... We'll have to make it a long-distance duet.

Irony: Freddy Mercury never had trouble finding someone to love, from the stories I've heard... but I'm hardly an expert on the matter.

I do plan on staying off Facebook all day... maybe the internet as a whole.

There's just only so much knives twisting in my heart that I can take... And I've already pretty much reached that limit several years ago. Now it's just overkill. (Also a great song about being emotionally disenfranchised...)

pfft it's easy to find someone to love, finding someone to love that will love you back isn't worth the time or the effort, just get a dog.

on a more serious note, i think the girl i'm texting (one that messaged me on pof.com) might actually be seriously interested. but who am i kidding? lol times like this SUCKS not to have a car. but whatever, if she really likes me she'll come visit me. haha, ****bag move i know, but that's what good girls fall for, AM I ****ING RIGHT?

"I buried Paul..."

(It amazes me that there are still some people out there who actually believe that Paul McCartney died in the late 60's and was replaced by an imposter. Good thing they chose someone who happened to look, sound, and sing just like him; who was also a really excellent multi-instrumentalist; and who could also write the living bejeebus out of a pop song. It was really fortunate that guy was just sitting around, totally unrecognized before that...)

I dunno... Sounds like work. I'd actually have to start practicing for reals again.

No... I think I'll have to pass on that.

because money>Lives

alot of places are closed down here today...ended up not getting selected for state active duty. though it just started snowing. lol uncertain if i'll be going to virginia this weekend.

Playing Battlefield 4's new map packs...they're great. Really looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront 3. :)

Does anyone on here watch The Walking Dead?

I stopped watching TWD because i really didn't care for the characters anymore. They all do stupid things that make me want to throw things at my TV. Rather watch Falling skies, which focus's more on the character,s with the Apocylpse they are in making a nice subtext to the relationships

lol yeah i hear ya k_k...i actually make bets on who's gonna die next. :) i still enjoy watching it though, but i don't understand all the hype around it.

I'm waiting for The Clone Wars to be put up on Netflix. I can't wait. :)

I played Battlefield 4 all day yesterday, recon class is the best...unfortunately the game isn't as good as the real thing. heh i love video games but they never show the amount of work that goes into maintaining those vehicles, weapons, and tactics. lol they'd be quite boring video games. I am really really hoping however, that they put the next Arma on the Xbox One. I'm considering a new PC that will let me play Arma 3 in the highest graphics.

I decided to send the girl I'm talking to a valentines day e-card through text message. She showed interest in me, even after I told her my situation with no job and no car. If anything it will creep her out and she may run away, or she will appreciate the gesture.

School was closed today, so that's nice. I read we're supposed to get hit again with more snow...my buddy wants me to come visit down in virginia this weekend, but there's problems with that...1st, i'd have to take my dog up to my parents so they can watch him, and 2nd: i dont think the roads are safe for that. idk, we'll see...i'd really like to go celebrate his 30th bday with him.

Archived