Home

Your favourite Lucas Arts moments...

Lemon Head

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DOTT- just putting the hampster in the freezer and then being told he doesn't look too happy in there.

SMI- I just liked killing Guybrush, letting him turn blue and drowning :D I'm nasty

Indy And The Fate Of Atlantis- love trashing Sophia's speech at the start with Nur Ab Sal :D

MI2- so many of them, locking Stan in the coffin is probably one of my faves though

Originally posted by Trapezoid

Ooh, I got one:

MI2 --- "Here's your soup."

I think that's the funniest line. If you don't remember the scene preceding it it's not funny, but you should all know what I'm talking about.

Hee, yeah. A good one following that one is when Guybrush tries to walk into the kitchen again after exiting it through the window. He goes something along the lines of "I took a break. It's legal, I know my rights!"

Originally posted by remio

Hee, yeah. A good one following that one is when Guybrush tries to walk into the kitchen again after exiting it through the window. He goes something along the lines of "I took a break. It's legal, I know my rights!"

Does he? I don't think he does. He just says "The knives needed sharpening" and got fired.

Fate of Atlantis: The whole opening scene, with Indy falling through various rooms while the credits roll: I still love it.

MI2: The dream sequence.

Day Of The Tentacle: The whole game counts as a great LucasArts moment. It rocks.

Grim Fandango: Just the moment at the beginning of Year 2, when you're exploring Rubacava and it's just TOTALLY FRIGGING HUGE, not to mention utterly spectacular. My jaw kept dropping for about ten minutes just running around...

Sam and Max: Conroy's little song...

EMI: The whole pirate re-education cutscene. Gotta love creepy Guybrush :)

SMI: Insanity at the Mansion. I don't know why, but that cutscene just had me rolling around with laughter. There wasn't even anything happening on the screen! And immediately following that, the romantic moment on the pier. It's just perfect...

SMI: "Thats the Second Bigest Monkey Head I've ever seen!" The defining line of diologe that made monkey island the cool game it is.

MI2: When you finaly figureout to use the monkey on the pump. What was Lucasarts thinking with that puzzle!

CMI: Murry:...As I stride through the gates of hell carring your head on a pike!"

Guybrush: Stride?

Murry: All right then Role. Role through the gates of hell carring your head on a pike! Must you take the fun out of every thing?"

EMI: When Guybrush washes up on monkey island and has the diologe with Timmy. Guybrush: "Ok Timmy. For the kids."

GF: Drunken Glotis

Originally posted by Trapezoid

Does he? I don't think he does. He just says "The knives needed sharpening" and got fired.

Actually, I think it's random. I've played the game like twenty times now, and it was the first time I got that response.

Day of the tentacle.

The whole damn game had me in stitches.

There was this one bit that I made a save of just before it happened, y'know the bit at the end where Laverne and Hoagie are stuck together?

Well, when she escapes and the clothes slap back, I found the delay before he moves hilarious!

Sheer Genius!

--Deepthought2k

My other moment has to be one of the first scenes in MI2, when you get like one million pieces o'eight.....and then Largo steals it all. That and in CMI when you get all that COOOOOOOOL stuff in your pants! And you spend like hours looking at all and then the dumb snake eats it all and you're like YOU DUMB SNAKE WHY WHY WHY DID YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE COOL STUFF IN MY PANTS!!!!!:evil6:

I know I'm coming in a bit late on this discussion but I have to throw in my faves.

First off, the entirety of MI1 is my absolute favorite. I love that game. It's my favoritest game ever. "Say Hello, Roger." "Hello, Roger." .... "I think I'd just like to browse." "Don't put your lips on anything."

MI2: The Guybrush/Elaine scene at the party. "Have you gained weight?"

CMI: The cannibals, esp. Lemonhead. Guybrush acts like he's "blessing" the cheese before he throws it into the volcano.

GF: Too many to name... but especially the part where Manny uses his scythe to cut the flowers off Salvador's body.

And...

"Gracias ... Toto Santos."

That game is so gorgeous and dramatic.

My favorite is in Monkey I sland 1 if you steal the idol before defeating the swordmaster. (You can't defeat Carla first or this won't happen). Anyway Elaine comes to rescue guybrush and their is the love sequence where they names like Plunder Bunny and Sugar Boots. That was great.

In EMI at the first in the governer's mansion if you look at the bedroom door and Guybrush says "The door to our bedroom, OH yeah!!!" in a seductive voice. It's hilarious

In Sam and Max at the first where Max pushes the guy off the railing and says "random acts of violence are my forte" I loved that one.

All I can think of now.

Lucas..arts... Moment??? Kings Quest??? This does not compute...MALFUNCTION MALFUNCTION!!!!!

Heh, anyways Bobbin's avatar really frightens me. I mean yeah, boobs are boobs, but I'm not any kinda pedifile! Heh, besides I'm always afraid my mom will see it and get mad at me :p

Archived