Home

greman preview ....

Com Raven

German PC Action mag (currently no.3 saleswise...) has a nice, 2 page preview of JK II in it's newest issue (out today ).

Here are some pure facts, some might be known, others maybe not ...

- 20 levels in singleplayer (some very big according to text)

- 10 weapons (so the one thread about weapons seemed to be right)

- 12 multiplayer maps with bot support

- up to 64 (!) players in multiplayer ....

Some other stuff included lots of praise for the game's ai and a nice screenie of a Stormie (close-up) with a great-looking helmet (looks like aax2 enabled ...)

If you wanna post this on mainpage, feel free to ...

This is sooo amazing, never have we had so much info flowing like this. Let me start. 20 levels! I didn't expect so much. And nice big ones too, that's great. 64 players in Mp!, what are they trying to do, kill us:D . I surely won't sleep when I buy this game.

Elite Force - now while I liked it, the definition of levels was a bit fuzzy ... there were some area (levels) that I tore through in what seemed to be 30 seconds. In DF2:JK, it _still_ takes me a while for each of the levels.

... again comparing to RtCW, that game seemed OK length-wise ... I'd love it to last longer, and would not like it any shorter ...

Mike

It could be that some of those multiplayer levels support multiple gametypes (e.g. DM and CTF supported in the same map). I don't know whether they're doublecounting (e.g. the same maps, 1 for CTF and 1 for DM count as two maps. I hope not).

Definitely need to get rolling with the map editing...if only we had JORadiant ;-)

Originally posted by Wilhuf

It could be that some of those multiplayer levels support multiple gametypes (e.g. DM and CTF supported in the same map). I don't know whether they're doublecounting (e.g. the same maps, 1 for CTF and 1 for DM count as two maps. I hope not).

I can't imagine they'd do that. I'm sure they mean twelve separate maps. Hopefully some of these will support multiple game-types.

I hope you are right about the maps being selectible as Sabers only or ff guns, etc. It would be lousy if your favorite map was, for example, Sabers only and you felt like playing it with some force or guns or whatever. Though im sure mods could amend that problem...

I bet you could go ahead and get started editing. Since JO uses the Q3 engine, start making your levels in GTKRadiant or Q3Radiant. Hopefully you will be able to import them into whatever editor comes out for JO. If not, somebody will probably make a plugin that allows you to do so.

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Definitely need to get rolling with the map editing...if only we had JORadiant ;-)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

lol @ thought of ffa sabers with 64 players in something roughly the size of bgj :) that'd fully go off!

I'll consider making a dedicated jkii.net Outcast server :)

that'd be great. especially if JKii.net provided 5-8 servers with a 2-3 for the most popular settings and the rest for each type of form of play :)

Thanks for the news Com Raven. :cool:

20 SP levels sounds great, as long as they're all bigger than the smallest (non-Dark Jedi) level in JK.

I was hoping for a few more weapons...but I'll manage with 10. :D

I think they probably do mean 12 separate levels for MP. Sounds about right.

Can't wait to play this game...

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

THANKS for all the news. Im starting to get really excited about this game now (even more than I was before) :). Im even starting to tell all my friends about it in college :)

Say, I bet you're popular! I'm sure they love it when you start to explain the finer points of GHOUL2 to them during lunch break. ;)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Thanks for the news Com Raven. :cool:

20 SP levels sounds great, as long as they're all bigger than the smallest (non-Dark Jedi) level in JK.

I was hoping for a few more weapons...but I'll manage with 10. :D

I think they probably do mean 12 separate levels for MP. Sounds about right.

Can't wait to play this game...

Well...this is the only place I've seen that says ten weapons, elsewhere it seems upwards of eleven...so I'm still holding out hope :D

Archived