Home

LeChuck Transcription

elTee

I love that catchy LeChuck theme. I have a musically gifted friend, who is perfectly capable of making a brilliant Piano version of it. Help me give him the incentive. TELL HIM YOU WANT THE MUSIC!

(DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT, POST LETTERS TO ME SAYING 'I WANT THE MUSIC'. A REPLY TO THE THREAD IS SUFFICIENT.)

That'd be great.

Of course if you just open the lechuck.mid in finale or cubase and do a little rearranging you can get the same thing:)

In the past ive arranged and played clarinet trios of monkey island themes and damm good fun it was too.

Sorry, im wandering, yes I'd certainly like it, tell your friend that cash bonus' and a holiday to sunny scumthorpe are on offer if he does it:D

I WANT THE MUSIC

I WANT THE MUSIC

I WANT THE MUSIC

I WANT THE MUSIC

I WANT THE MUSIC

I WANT THE MUSIC

Originally posted by Trapezoid

DUNNNN---dah-DUN--DUN--DUN--DUN--DUNNNN

Bring it on, LucasTones'-musically-gifted-friend!

Maybe you could do one too Trap old man?

=mek=

Yeah, I have that already. Do you know what a transcription is? Its when you modify oor change existing sheet music, remaining faithful to the original tune but adding enough personal touches so that you are credited with it. An example is Rachmaninoff's Flight of the Bumble Bee. I know what you're thinking - that Rimsky Korsakov wrote the Flight of the Bumble Bee. Rachmaninoff converted it from violin to piano. He transcripted it.

It just caught me totally unprepared. I embarked upon your post and discovered that your father was not only an organist, but did the LeChuck theme. And it was 'totally cool.' I thought 'Wow. Gabez is one of those lucky guys whose hero is his dad. Cool.' Then the 'he messed up a bit of it."

'Ok', I thought, a little post-script to let us all know that his dad wasn't a musical genius, and that he wasn't depriving the world of a great LeChuck transcription.

The 'I hate him.' Hit me like a freight train. I cracked up. it reminded me of those rich kids who want the world and won't settle for the moon. Lol, you are a comic genius, Gabez. To cram so much meaning, and emotion into 26 words, and 4 seconds is the unachievable goal of so many.

Congratulations, my friend.

You are a man now.

You are a man.

Archived