Home

DoubleFine Mail Reply

Oystein

I mailed DoubleFine and asked about the possibilities for a PC release of Psychonauts. A few days later I received a pretty funny mail from them. It goes like this:

"Okay, this is going to be hard for you to hear, but you need to learn some day: PCs are satanic, soul-sucking hellboxes that are only to be used for reading email and browsing the web. They

are not to be used for playing games, because that would be an insult to the nature of gaming.

The proper way to experience gaming is on an XBOX. If you don't have an XBOX than it is possible that Satan may already have control of you soul. Fight Satan! Buy an XBOX.

Love,

Info the Clown"

--End of Mail---

Comments anyone?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh nuts, I have an XBOX does that mean satan is mad at me? (note: I believe in the possibility of satan being God and God being Satan, God is the bad guy and satan rebelled after God left the toilet seat up one time too many, so if you're bad you actually go to heaven and heaven is in fact a nasty placxe...no? right I betta shut up) So is he gonna port it to the XBOX then?

Hee hee, Tim Schafer e-mailed me a few days ago cos I said good luck to his fledgling company about a year ago. All the mail to Doublefine had been going to a wrong email address.

I'm going to ask them about Gamecubes...

Originally posted by manny_c444

Yeah, I have a comment: Double Fine is going to crash and burn.

I think that was a (half) joke. See, they still play PC games there (or did when I visited - read the old Mojo report from last Summer whenever it goes back up). I mean, that email sounds like an amusing version of the party line if you ask me. It was funny intentionally, you know?

You can't even buy X-Boxes here. They delayed/cancelled the release because it bombed in Australia.

Still, IF I have the money, and IF they are available, and IF Tim Schafer sends me a box of chocolates, then maybe I'll buy one.

The last time I bought a console, though, was a Playstation that was much much cheaper than any of the current consoles, and I ended up buying about three games for it.

Uh, starting to like them? Where have you been?

I was a bit skeptical at first and didn't bother read all the DoubleFine news at Mojo, but the Psychonauts announcement made me hooked on DoubleFine. I'm a very negative person, so I'm always skeptical of something new.

you can't compare a game console to a graphics card. Thats like comparing a dog to another dog's tail. But if you're talking about graphics processing, they both have a 300 MHz GPU. So they're the same in that department. Except Xbox has the whole rest of a computer in it.

Originally posted by sheaday6

you can't compare a game console to a graphics card. Thats like comparing a dog to another dog's tail. But if you're talking about graphics processing, they both have a 300 MHz GPU. So they're the same in that department. Except Xbox has the whole rest of a computer in it.

I'm not comparing them for processing power. I'm comparing one thing that lets you play modern games to the other thing that lets you play modern games.

You're still comparing a part of a gaming machine (admittedly a large one) to an entire console. I can't stick a GF4 in my p166 and go off and play GTA3 on it.

"geforce 4: 400 times better than an Xbox" is quite an interesting statement. How's this:

"Motor that spins tapes: 400 times better than a VCR."

Look when I said that I ment graphics processing power comparing the graphics cards in an Xbox and a PC not just the graphics card to a whole machine.

IF you were to use the same off the shelf components and just slap in a geforce 4 instead of the modified geforce 2 thats in the xbox there would be a large improvment.

Thats what I meant.

If you're willing to wait 1/2 to a full year just for a decent game to come out Gamecube isn't half bad at all.

When Zelda and Mario come out, and because of the low price tag--I think GC will easily find itself selling millions more than the Xbox in the end (and millions less than the PS2--but thats a given).

Archived