Home

DoubleFine Mail Reply

Oystein

The only game of interest for me on that list is Broken Sword 3, which will be out on the Xbox, PS2 and PC also. Of all the consoles on the market right now, GC is the one I have zero interest in.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Fantasy games the ever? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Luigi's mansion? Come on.....I'll give you Rouge Leader but really its just a fancy-pants rogue squadron. Super Smash Bros. is as shallow as its 64 counterpart, its just a fighting game for people who aren't smart or quick enough to play SF3 or VF4.

And really Mario and Zelda ain't got nothing..they're just reiterations of their previous releases. Zelda previews say that the game is identical gameplay wise to Zelda64--mario isn't exactly revolutionizing platformers like ICO (quietly) has.

In summary: Gamecube ain't got nothaaaaannnnnnn' (in a black man's voice).

Double Fine is really prompt with their return messages...I sent an email and got a reply not even an hour later.

My email was much liek Oystein's, this is what it said:

I'm a big fan of Schafer's adventure games when he was with Lucas Arts, but I'm (I guess unfortunately) not a big fan of the Xbox....which leads me to my two questions:

1-Is Double Fine Microsoft's bitch now? (sorry for the harsh wording) or will we see ports of games like psychonauts to other consoles/the PC?

2- Will Double Fine be producing any adventure-esque games in the future? And does Psychonauts have any adventure type puzzles in it?

Thanks for your time

This was the reply:

I’m sorry, but I’ve been instructed that I can’t talk to you, do to your extremely uncool, anti-XBOX attitude.

Hopefully, by next year, you will have some cool, XBOX-having friends, who can play the greatest game ever made (Psychonauts) and they can TELL you about it. I hope that will help to ease the pain.

Sincerely,

The Info Cow

I guess for now their strictly Xbox

I didn't buy an X-box because I want microsoft to fail at the console business. Why do you ask, Because I'm sick of needing A different console for different games. Some games exclusive to PS2 others exclusive to XBOX, more exclusive to Gamecube. In a perfect world there would be one console and you could play any game because they would be all on that console.

But I admit this world is not perfect so I allow for Two PS2 and Nintendo who has been around forever, I grew up on nintendo. Point is in comes another System and they want another $350 (before price drop of course) of my dollars and want me to buy their games. If alot of people start to support this then there will be new microsoft consoles emerging and more money spent by us.

Plus Microsoft snagged away awesome games Like Halo away from us PC users.

No offense to microsoft I admit they have a good System but nothing out of the ordinary, it's a slightly evolved PS2 only because It came out a little later. So I'm just gonna save my money, stay away from X-box and hope they bow out after this system.

It will take a lot to make Microsoft lose at the console war.

Prior evidence: Internet Explorer v. Netscape, Windows v. Humanity

Relentlessly tooling and marketing and pushing your shitty product until it either becomes good or you've convinced everyone its good and they need it is easy to do if you're the richest corporation ever.

Yes well I understand that but I'm still sticking to my decision, And I agree about the lack of competition and the potential that prices could go up, But also with the lack of having to compete and losing sales to other system prices may remain at least the same or possibly go down. Very big if.

But I admit theres room for 2 in my oppinion just not 3.

And PS2 even if it was the sole console would always have to compete with the PC.

Not really, PCs are very different kind of games really...and there's so much more money in consoles. (unless your Blizzard or Maxis).

Prices would be higher for everything. You have to remember that GCN PS2 and Xbox have all lowered their prices in response to each other. Nintendo and Microsoft are probably getting fleeced because of their miniaturization technology -GCN- and uneeded components (unused components) -XBOX-. PS2 might be the only console that isn't losing upward of 100$ on each system sold.

rrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by manny_c444

Final Fantasy games the ever? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Luigi's mansion? Come on.....I'll give you Rouge Leader but really its just a fancy-pants rogue squadron. Super Smash Bros. is as shallow as its 64 counterpart, its just a fighting game for people who aren't smart or quick enough to play SF3 or VF4.

And really Mario and Zelda ain't got nothing..they're just reiterations of their previous releases. Zelda previews say that the game is identical gameplay wise to Zelda64--mario isn't exactly revolutionizing platformers like ICO (quietly) has.

In summary: Gamecube ain't got nothaaaaannnnnnn' (in a black man's voice).

Gamecube rox, man!

Smash Bros is the greatest! It doesn't destroy your thumbs like SF3, and it's easy to pick-up and difficult to master.

Zelda 64 was a BRILLIANT game.

And then there's Goldeneye & Perfect Dark, which had exceptional level design and matched the greatest PC FPS's at the time (Well, Goldeneye did). We should see a sequel to them.

Now, I'll quit my bitching because I'm not gonna change anyone's mind.

Oh yeah, FF rules :D

I'm not saying they're bad games they basically are just cut & dry sequels. Zelda has a (ill advised) graphics change and mario has a few more pols but they look to have much of the same gameplay--atleast thats what I've read from gamespot and IGn, I haven't actually played them.

And you have to remember that half-life was around the time of Goldeneye. In comparison, GoldenEye is bantha fodder.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by manny_c444

And you have to remember that half-life was around the time of Goldeneye. In comparison, GoldenEye is bantha fodder.

I enjoyed Goldeneye more, actually, although this is a PC-gamer orientated forum so more people will disagree with me.

It is!? Let me out!! I hate PC Gamer!

Anyway, yeah, I might by an X-box one day because there's some great games that can only be played on it. And of course I've never owned a console in my life, so the novelty of being able to sit in a nice chair whilst playing it is too good to resist.

Why do people pledge alleigence to a particular console or machine? I have a Gamecube. Does this mean I should hate X-Box's and PS2's? No, of course not. Though people do. Why?? I don't have an X-Box, but I still think Halo is a fantastic game. Playstation fans are the worst. They actually pretend that games on other consoles are crap instead of admitting they are jealous. Example: Mario 64 comes out, and everyone with a Playstation says "Its crap." Everyone else says "WOW!!! WHAT A GAME!!" Then the Playstation people say "It isn't as good as Spyro..."

Honestly.

Archived