Home

The Matrix

leXX

yeah i relized that now, the reason i said it was li was because it was rumored that he'd be in the movie as an agent called "agent Tojo, no joke, but apperantly thats wrong.

what about the Neo getting infected part LeXX, that was cool, and in this scene:

The%20Matrix%20Reloaded%2019.jpg

It Looks like theres an army of SMITH!?!?!

Edit- Heres a really cool wallpaper i found, im not sure who that is though, i do know that there are a bunch of sentinals.sentinels.jpg

hey teutonic knight, you reported that there was a newsweek article, well here it is, lookie here http://www.msnbc.com/news/850165.asp?cp1=1

AHAahahaha, ok i found more things here to

http://www.spawn.com.br/matrix/videos.asp

trinitykick.jpg

The wHole Gang is here

morpheus_and_persephone.jpg

Go here to get lots more reloaded pics

http://www.thematrixonline.com/docs/7869.html

and go here to

http://home.attbi.com/~thematrixreloaded/AMCDivX.avi

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have the same name so I'm pressuming they are.

Originally posted by XERXES

meh, i liked the matrix, it was cool...but why the hell for every damn cool movie do they gota do a sequel. Men In Black was fine, the sequel was awful. Same goes for a few other movies i wont mention.

XERXES - Reloaded and Revolutions are NOT sequels. They are part 2 and 3 of a Trilogy. The whole story was written from the start and it was always intended for it to be told in 3 parts. It is only now that the Wachowski brothers have enough funds and technology for the special fx they want to do. Same way as LOTR can't be told in one film.

Hey LeXX i have the trailor on quicktime but i cant find a host, and i;ve been looking for hours now

BTW does anyone know what the music is thats playing in the background?

EDIT- heres some music from the soundtrack http://www.xtremeputers.com/tripin.mp3

also, i just went to the cinama to see catch me if you can, and i bought a MATRIX, NEO LIFE SIZE CARD BOARD CUT OUT!!!, its amazing

Originally posted by leXX

Where did you get the quicktime version?

I don't know the name of the track in the trailer, sorry.

I got that trippin song from http://www.countingdown.com this morning and I was going to put a link to it but I wasn't sure if it was legal or not! Excellent track, very Matrixey (new word).

i still have your e-mail LeXX want me to send it to you?

Matrixey

(mai-tri-x-e)

invented by LeXX

to be like or imatate the matrix

:D

theres also more music im downloading now from the new matrix movies, amazing sound track for this movie.

i found a couple of other things on some fan made websites about the matrix and other stuff and this was the most interesting thing i found:

Why did the Oracle give Neo a cookie?

By Gerk

The Oracle gave Neo a cookie to help him "become the One". Certain websites will leave a "cookie" on your computer when you visit them. These "cookies" contain information which the website uses to track your visits. They also "enhance" your ability to interact with that website. While some websites use "cookies" in a malicious manner (tracking what other websites you've been to, tracking activities, etc..), others use them in a beneficial and helpful manner (guiding you to new information, keeping track of bonus points, etc..).

I believe that the cookie that the Oracle gave Neo, contained information that Neo needed to free his mind and "become the One". This information was downloaded into Neo's mind in the much the same manner as his "training", so that he'd know how to do certain things.

Gerk

[back to the top]

How Can I break Concrete?

By James D. Shrock

The abilities of an ordinary person may be expanded to extraordinary limits within the matrix. The matrix, basically, tells the mind what the "rules" are. The mind then assumes these rules as fact, thus putting limits on what you can "physically" do within the matrix. Jump off a building and you'll fall to your death.

To those trapped within the matrix these rules are essential to keeping a level state of mind. These people have no reason to believe otherwise as they have no knowledge of any other way of life. "This is how it is, and this is how it will remain." That is what they want you to believe. But you have been UNPLUGGED, and through this you can make a change. Look at a concrete wall, it looks solid and it feels solid, but is it? The electrical impulses to your brain says it is. Every impulse in your body is telling you not to hit it because you will break your hand.

Concrete, as fact, IS stronger than your flesh and bones. This is your mind's perception of what is real. Change your perception, realize that it is not the wall or your hand that will break, for they are not even present. It is a battle of YOUR mind against THEIR rules. My hand can break concrete and I will never feel pain from it. Don't just think this, know it. It is only your mental projection of your digital self that will be punching the wall, and as long as you realize this, then there is nothing that they can project into your mind that you cannot beat.

Morpheus said it best when he said, "You have to let it all go...fear, doubt and disbelief. Free your mind."

James D. Shrock

[back to the top]

What is The Oracle?

by Tha Pink Diva

The Oracle is a human being who was born into The Matrix and was able to perceive The Matrix for what it was when she was a child. At some point in time her mind, sensing the fallacy of the world created for her by The Matrix, forced her to wake up from her dream state. once she awakened her body was flushed out of the system.

Just as there are humans today who supposedly have psychic abilities - I think that the oracle has psychic abilities and has a spiritual connection to all humans whose minds have been freed (this would include adults who have been freed from The Matrix as well as children who are still a part of it.) I believe that somehow her physical body ended up in Zion ( I haven't figured out how just yet). Her physical body would be safe in Zion because no agents or sentient programs have access to it.

The humans would be lost without the oracle there to guide them which is another reason why it is so important to make sure The Agents don't get the codes to Zion - I think that because of her age she is permanently hooked up to The Matrix, and because she is permanently there it would next to impossible for The Agents to track her down (*** see below). Her mind can be preserved through The Matrix and her body can be kept alive by life support systems - but as long as her mind is in The Matrix her knowledge is accessible to all who seek it ...

Morpheus told Neo that the oracle was very old - but from the looks of her she didn't appear to be more than 60ish - I believe that she is much older than that. But she projects her minds image of her physical self into The Matrix which is why she appears to look younger than you would expect.

*** I think that it is harder for the agents to track someone who is permanently in the matrix than it is for them to track someone who comes in and out for this reason:

If she is permanently attached then she is just like the other humans who are still plugged up in the "battery factory". The agents receive a constant signal from them... where as, if you are in and out of the matrix there is change in the signals... its like your house: the furniture is the same, the carpet is the same, it smells the same as it always does. When things remain constant we tend to over look them, but when things are constantly changing that's when we pay attention to the surroundings. I believe that because she is permanently connected to the matrix she is more likely to be over looked than those who are not. ***

Tha Pink Diva

[back to the top]

How did The Matrix come into being?

by Kevin Agorastos

We know from Morpheus, that the first artificial intelligence was created early in the 21st century. This was mankind's greatest achievement, the birth of a new form of life. From this first consciousness, was the template to create an entire race of thinking machines. Eventually used in every aspect of human life. From protecting national security to designing cars and weapons for the military.

In time these AI's created other AI's and machines in there own image, like Gods. The AI's only existed on mainframes while the subordinate AI machines they made had physical forms and used solar energy as a power source. It was this first AI brought into being, that concluded they were superior to humans. This idea, in turn, trickled down to the rest of the machines. They began to believe of themselves as the next step in evolution. Thus, it would be logical for them to become the masters of their creators.

The machines were the first to strike, with an army of machines. Humans were strategically out thought by the machines. Mankind was losing and as a last ditch effort, they detonated several nuclear warheads simultaneously around the world. The result was a nuclear winter, a act that threw so much debris into the upper atmosphere, that it would darken the sky for decades to come. The idea was to cut off the machines from there power source, the sun.

But the machines had enough energy reserves to devise a plan that would use human begins as an energy source. Once the last of the surviving humans were rounded up, they were put into suspended animation and their memories wiped. In this state there was virtually no brain activity. In order to stimulate brain activity to produce electricity, the machines decided to build a Matrix. The Matrix would combine technology with the human brain to create a virtual existence to stimulate brain waves. Now the machines had an unlimited energy supply. Humans would live and die never knowing the reality of things. Until, of course, of the 'one' that awoke from the dream world.

Kevin Agorastos

[back to the top]

What is the Oracle?

by MuSH

Theory One: Solipsism

The oracle is trying to find the meaning of life. She does this by creating scenarios to learn from. Perhaps she is the only one around and has to create others to experience new situations. So she creates Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Agent Smith, and even The Matrix. If this is the case, then we must realize then that the answer to the age old question, "What is The Matrix?" is that The Matrix doesn't really exist.

We do the same via movies, music, art, and literature. I have seen movies about many things, like war for example. I have never fought in a war or seen my comrades die before my eyes. But I have a vague idea of what that is like from the various ways people have communicated it to me. But then again, perhaps the Oracle has experienced it in its true essence. She may actually be Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Agent Smith, etc. Did not God become Jesus Christ?

Theory Two: Duality

I've come to realize what makes humans so intriguing is their ability to be good and evil. The Matrix is forced to be human-like so that it can understand and control humans. It tried making paradise, but the human mind rejected it. So it made a world much like our own world that contained happiness and misery. In order for The Matrix to have this human-like mind, it has to have separate programs in its AI. The Oracle is the good side. Somewhere else is the evil side. I don't believe The Agents are the evil side. But they do operate more on evil than on good. They are more likely tools for The Matrix, rather than the evil side itself.

The humans have a goldmine in their hands with the Oracle. Along with the evil side, the Oracle has access to all the conscious and subconscious thought of The Matrix as well as the thought of all the humans The Matrix has enslaved. She knows which individuals in the human energy farms have the potential to overcome The Matrix (Neo for example). This is why she knew Neo was "the one". Also this would explain why she has been around since the beginning.

MuSH

[back to the top]

Why Neo comes back to life

by Ross Williams

When Neo first meets Morpheus, he asks him whether he believes in fate or not. Neo says no, "I don't like to think that I'm not in control of my own life." The Oracle has told Morpheus he will find the One. The Oracle has also told Trinity that she will fall in love, and that man would be the One. When Neo goes to see the Oracle, she tells him "You've got the gift, but it looks like your waiting for something. Your next life maybe, who knows"

First we see Trinity bring Neo dinner, she stops and looks at him knowing that she's falling in love with him. Second when Cypher is killing off everybody he asks Trinity whether she believes in Morpheus, "tell me yes or no", she looks at Neo and says yes knowing that she loves him and that he's the one. Once back on the ship and making the decision to go save Morpheus, this discussion takes place. Neo, "I'm not the One." Trinity, "You have to be." Neo "Why?" She won't tell him that she loves him then.

With his growing ability, Neo is becoming more sure of himself. But Morpheus and Trinity are absolutely sure, after Neo pulls Trinity from the helicopter crash. You can see it in Trinity's face that she is sure of her love for Neo. In the subway station immediately following. Trinity says, "Neo I want to tell you something. But I'm afraid of what it could mean. Everything the Oracle told me has come true, everything but this." Again she wants to tell him she loves him, but is cut off by Agent Smith.

Of course Neo is killed soon after this. Now Trinity has to tell him, "I'm not afraid any more, the Oracle told me I'd fall in love, and that man would be the One. So you see, you can't be dead. Because, I love you." KISS. Immediately Neo comes back to life. This is what Neo has been waiting for, the proof of Trinity's love for him. His skills grew with the course of the movie, because he is the One, and those skills are inevitable. But Trinity's love is the catalyst that brings him back to life. Thus he begins his second life, and as prophesied by the Oracle he is now the One. I think this is the Wachowski's way of saying that fate is real.

-source:

http://www.knowthematrix.com

Wow, that trailer was good... Japan always gets the good stuff.... ;)

Boss: Thanks for that, I already knew some of the stuff there but the part about the cookies was new to me..

Boss: It's more like:

matrixey (ma-trix-ey)

adj.

1 to be similar to, or reminiscent of The Matrix*

*The Matrix- See "Best movie in the World", pg 101.

:D

I just thought I'd post a little plug and useful site with the new Matrix movies info, spoilers, and general stuff. :D

Here's the page about The Matrix Reloaded.

While...

Here's the page about The Matrix Revolutions.

Hope you find this useful. I can't wait! :D

:: Pops back off to the void. ;) *::

* In other words; most probably watching LOTR. :D

While we wait for the QT version of the trailer, lets ponder this:

I was watching The Matrix the other day (Like I do every other day :p ) when I came across two things:

1. I found a mistake! It is a small one, but it's a mistake none-the-less! In the scene where Neo first meets Morpheus, Morpheus has his hands behind his back when he is at the window. When he advances toward Neo, his hands are still behind his back... But when the camera angle changes when Morpheus shakes Neos hand, the hand that Morpheus is not using to shake Neos hand is at this side! The camera angle changes again and Morpheus' hand is magicly behind his back again!

2. "Have a nice day" Is used a lot in the movie. I have no clue why, does anybody else know? ( "Have a nice day" moments: Fedex guy after delivering cell phone to Neo, the elevator emergency stop button).

I found out the name of the music in the new trailer, it's called 'Elba by E.S. Posthumus'. You can download a 55 second mp3 of it here. :D

edit/ you might recognize another track of his - 'Pompeii'. It was the track used on the trailers for Spiderman. ;)

Archived