Home

Episode 2 DVD

Surfnshannon

Check out the starwars.com site. Episode two is coming to DVD November 12th!! It will retail for 29.98 (us dollars). 2 Discs!! Here's a list of its features!

starwars.com Episode II News Article

Episode II On DVD & VHS

August 01, 2002

On November 12, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the North American release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS home video.

The first major motion picture captured and created directly from the digital source and digitally mastered by THX, the Episode II DVD allows fans the chance to relive the adventure in the way Writer/Director George Lucas meant it to be seen, with spectacular digital clarity.

Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:

Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)

Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.

Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt

"From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more

"State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II

Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"

Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story

All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com

The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams

Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots

Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos

An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic

HoloNet News website

DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Holy Shazbot! :o

Do you know how many things are going to be released the 12th of November? Money! I need money! :ball:

Yes, i can't even name tall the great stuff being released around then! But i'll try...Galaxies, Bounty Hunter, Clone Wars, EpII DVD and thats just SW stuff. Lets see, thats already about....$190, crap.

I think i can get my parents to buy the DVD though, my sister wants it too, and there's no way i'm not getting it.

Ehehehehehehehehehehe... :cool:

I've already got money locked away for it. It and LotR. :cool:

Too bad it all comes from my X-Box fund. :p

Oh and to re-iterate the excitement of the earlier poster...

HOLY DRIPPING DRAINS BATMAN!!!

Finally George releases a Star Wars DVD within a year of the movie release FINALLY!!! I could almost faint from excitement, but I won't. I've gotta go hunt a deal on it.

The Director's Cut Fellowship of the Ring DVD is also coming out on November. And The Two Towers is around that time too, no?

The Episode II DVD looks to be almost identical to its Episode I counterpart when you compare the feature lists. Which is not a bad thing at all :)

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

The Director's Cut Fellowship of the Ring DVD is also coming out on November. And The Two Towers is around that time too, no?

Yes and close...

Everything i see, says two towers in december around christmas (well the trailer says christmas, but i am guessing that means around christmas, not on christmas)

and i would just like to add my

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, I CAN"T BELIVE IT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived