Home

Sam & Max 2 announced

scabb

LucasArts have recently announced on their website...ah, I'll let you read it.

Click Me

It looks like it's gonna be a full on Adventure, because I don't see that satanic word...'Action'...appearing before it. Thankyou god.

Other than that, I can't wait to see them solving crimes and being generally amusing in 3D. WOO.

Well, I seriously doubt that it would be 2D. I also doubt that it will be any other 'D' as well. Although it may be 1D & 3D at the same time. But then again, aren't all adventure games 1D with an adeed 2D or 3D?

Anyway. We'll see.

You imagine my suprise. I go to LucasArts.com to check my order (the mug) and what do I see?

sammax082702.jpg

Then I go to Mojo. They have known about it for 24 minutes. Only Met has noticed. Now here, and good old Scabb saw it too! Won't this be soooo much better than FTII? I was secretly disapointed when I found out that the game to be sequeled by the LEC was FT, 'cos although I love it, DOTT and Sam & Max beat it hands down.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Sam & Max Hit the Road, to tell you the truth - I liked DOTT a HELL off a lot more - and I think that Full Throttle was better too - BUT, It IS a nice, new adventure! Not an action adventure, but an ADVENTURE with puzzles and hilarious Dialogue!

Now we just have to hype it up for a year or so...

Excuse me while I ORGASM!!!!!!!! :urpdude::burst1::thmbup1:

This comes as good news and bad news to me.

Good News: ITS ANOTHER GODAM LUCASARTS MADE SAM AND MAX GAME!!!!!

Bad News: Sam and Max are now Lucasart charicters again and I must go add them into my Lucasarts heros colloge I'm working on. Dang and I hoped to upload the new image with Zak and Manny tonight. Now its got a couple more days....

Interestingly enough this means we'll have 2 Adventures in row over the next 2 years. There realy needs to be a new adventure EVERY year. Then it would be a perfect world.

QueZ - At the risk of sounding like a Ron freak when talking about MI, I think DOTT would suffer without Tim. Stemmle and Clark made the original Sam & Max, so I think we can expect more of the same hilarious humor in the sequel. I probably prefer Day of the Tentacle like you, but I'd hate it if they messed up the plot like in EMI. (I mean in regards to previous games, the whole Herman thing... you know what I mean.) Purple would look incredible in cel shaded graphics though..... Jeez, I hope they find the same actors to play Sam & Max - will they be willing to return after a decade? And do they sound the same? Time will tell.

I think FT2 and S&M (did the creator do this on purpose...?) are great ways to bring in new adventure gamers. Biker action and lewd humor.

I have to admit that I didn't particularly enjoy the games puzzles or lay-out. But I thought the writing was quite hilarious. I think I should pick up the collection (I hope they reprint it).

Originally posted by Trapezoid

LucasTones: I see no reason why they wouldn't return. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson are both still active voice artists. Nick still works with LucasArts often, too.

Hooray!

Originally posted by manny_c444

S&M (did the creator do this on purpose...?)

Yeah, that gets on my nerves too. I write DOTT, MI, then I go S&M and stop - "I can't write that - people will giggle" and put the full name.

Originally posted by manny_c444

But I thought the writing was quite hilarious

I love it at the Worlds Largest Ball of twine, with that guy who keeps swearing. Sam goes:

"Apostraphe, Hash mark, percentage sign" etc, and the guy says

"What are you saying?" and Sam replies:

"swearing in long hand asterix mouth"

Cracked me up.

A bit of action doesn't really matter, if it's implemented right. I liked some of the stuff they put into S&M1, and I'm sure they can take that a bit further now, with new technology and what not. I'll be happy as long as it has a crazy plot and dialogue, as well as the zany type of puzzles from the original.

Oh and while we are at it:

I hope they will include a copy of the original Sam & Max with it

(at least a special version or a Collector's Edition).

Speaking about careing about one's roots etc.

Would be nice for the fans and a cd more doesn't cost the world...

They did it with DOTT (Maniac Mansion) and with later copies for CMI (Monkey Island Madness CD included).

Originally posted by Wizball

They did it with DOTT (Maniac Mansion)

True but I think MM is a bit smaller than S&M. It's not going to be put in as something like that (in fact I very much doubt they'll do it at all).

And what's everyone moaning about? This is great news! We know that they're still into pure adventure games rather than just saying they are in interviews to shut us up.

I wonder how long it's been in production... I want screenshots and more info and such (as well as all that for FT2).

All I need now is a MM3, Dig2 and an original adventre and I'll be set!

I’m just glad that LucasArts are making two classic adventures… at the same time! A slight shame that they’re not originals, but then FT and Sam & Max are two games that deserve to be sequelized.

Say, is sequelized a real word Sam?

Archived