Home

That matrix thingie

Young David

You have no idea what a pain it was to make.

I had to delete the white stripes in the backround of the original one and make it half transparant (with the help of a mask) and then putting that matrix animation in the background. Result was 40 kb (20 kb is max allowed) So I scrapped half of the frames and downtuned the quality ...

But still ... I have an animated avatar with an animated matrix background. LEt's see how many can achieve that? :D

On request of CD3 :D

The making of YD's avatar:

First there was my old avatar:

obi.gif

And there was a matrix like animation:

code.gif

First those two animations had to be equal. That means that both the size and the number of frames need to be the same. So I scaled the code animation and copied some of the frames.

After that I needed to merge the animations. This is done frame by frame. I'll take for example frame 1:

I copied the first frame of the code animation (From Animation Shop) into PSP (Paint Shop Pro). I copied the first frame of the obi animation and placed as a layer on top of the code.

Then I deleted the white stripes in the background of the original obi and made the whole picture brighter, but keeping the background as black as possible.

After that I made a mask from the obi layer, meaning that the blacker the image, the transparanter. In other words you could see trough the background, but obi himself was only half transparant.

Then I merged the layers and copied it to a new animation in AS. And I went on to frame 2.

Because the was now more information in the images it was hard to get it beneath the 20k (maximum allowed here on LF) so I scrapped almost half of the frames and tuned down the quality. I also changed the visual time of each frame from 10 miliseconds to 12.

Then I uploaded it. But later that day I did some color adjustment. The green needed to be more green and the blue more blue.

I think it looks good enough now.

Any ideas for a LotR version? :D

Yes it's true, the revolution is now over......I had a really cool avatar too. It was the pic I have now, with a scrollin matrix bg! :D I thought it was perfect. As soon as I got it....the revolution was over. :( I don't know what will happen with TTT....but I think I'm gonna change mine to something totally different. :D

btw-Young David...I do like your matrix bg :p

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am a little late on this thread but look at my personal title. ;)

You should check out my Matrix Avatar's that are on my page. Just click the link in my Signature. I know they arn't very complex but I had a lot of pride in making them. :D

I have to say David that you made a very nice Avatar.

:duel::lsduel:

I am not trying to start a Revolution here. I guess that there is always someone from the Swamp everywhere so thats why you guys saw it here. I personally got out of the Revolution and it sort of started to end there. I wasn't trying to revive it here. Just wanted you to check my Avatar's out. :)

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I am not trying to start a Revolution here. I guess that there is always someone from the Swamp everywhere so thats why you guys saw it here. I personally got out of the Revolution and it sort of started to end there. I wasn't trying to revive it here. Just wanted you to check my Avatar's out. :)

Sorry, but I was referring to YD. :)

Archived