Home

Cantina 9-The Last Hope

Deac

Rwos: I do. What is this place?

----------

*Starr drops out a ventilation tube, holding the maps of the CSII. He looks around for a terminal, spots one, and enters several codes that override the security systems*

Thanks, Odin. I can only wonder, though, what exactly you're going to require in exchange for this favor...

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holk: This is one of the many outpost we have. Now what of the invitation that Lord Odin has sent you. Do you accept or decline? Oh and we have your enemies under survalliance, if you want to see what they are doing to the wreck.

*Holk presses a button, and on the main viewscreen there are pictures of the Shadows moving around the wreck*

-----------------------------

*Odin, and Vidar shuttle over to another remote outpost. An outpost that recently intercepted some very important information*

Holk: Alright. The person you contacted won't be able to find this place. So when they arrive in system we will need a way to contact them and guide them in.

---------------------------

*At the other outpost, Odin and Vidar enter the command room*

Odin: What do you have for me?

Valkyrie: We found the reason why the Jotuns have been quiet of late. They are planning a major offensive. *a holographic picture of Utgard appears* Our last two raids have been here and here. *Two red dots appear showing the location of the info raid and the rescue raid.*

Each of these sortes have been meet by little resistance, and were easily accomplished, in fact they were accomplished far to easily. As you know Jotuns usually put up far greater resistance even when taken completly by surprise. This odd occurance caused us to investigate, and we learned that the Jotuns were planning something. From the transmission we intercepted, we now know the location of where they are amassing their troops *a gold dot appears on the other side of the planet indicating where they were amassing.* We also know that they plan on attacking in ten days.

Odin: Very good.

*Odin and Vidar return to the Wildhuntsman*

Rwos: Won't be necessary. She's a Blade. She'll be able to track me to here. *looks closely at the monitor view of the Shadows*

I think they don't know how to transport that thing without wrecking it further...or they know being watched, and preparing to put up some sort of blocking system.

Considering they saw me talking to the Valkeyrie, and they'd surely have detected their presence...and the amount of time they're taking, probably both.

----------

*As Ida's ship, Rwos' in two, leaves the atmosphere of Coruscant, she sees Lokiphet's destroyer explode*

Wonder what that was.

*She recouples her fighter with its second, discarded piece and attached Rwos' ship to its tail*

Okay. Now to find his teleporter...

...got it.

*Ida's ship enters warpspace*

Holk: Your companion may know that you are here, but she will not be able to find the installation. Besides being completly invisible, it cannot be detected in subspace. For that matter, these installations cannot be detected at all.

The Shadows, should by now know that they are being watched. Mainly since they saw me talking to you. However, at the most they know that there are three of us on this planet, excluding you of course.

Even as we speak, our computers are homing in on the signal your broadcasting and will soon scatter it.

Rwos: As for the signal you assume (rightly) that I'm broadcasting, your computers won't find it, because my teleporter is feeding it directly to the axial dimension it uses to travel. Don't worry; the Shadows don't know how to detect it.

What do you mean by subspace?

Rwos: I don't know. How long was I out?

*looks at the monitor* I hope she gets here fast. I think they're about to leave...

----------

*At the crashed Gallyava ship, the Shadows vanish. The ship shimmers*

----------

*Ida's ship comes out of warpspace. Three ships are coming towards her, pulling the Gallyava ship*

Holy---Shadows!

----------

Rwos: She's here.

Holk: Then let us watch the vector she should arrive in.

*singlas to a Valkyrie, and the screen is split in two one showing space, and one the crash. Shortly after splitting the view, the shadows disappear. A little later 5 ships appear on the screen monitoring space. Four of them are heading one way and the other one is heading directly at them*

Holk: This should be interesting. Hope your friend is a good pilot.

DarkDeac: "No, and quite frankly I don't care. I'm going to cause some general havok on the prime planes, then I'm going to go back to my Planar Stronghold and start getting some Primes to worship me again."

Spectar: "You sure? If thats what you think. You don't even have a body and your telling us what you have planed... I'm sorry to dissapoint you. But your not in the position..."

---------------------------------------

*To Kur* "We don't have time to sort out your story, you'll be confined until the battle is over. Don't worry our cells aren't anywhere as bad as Lokpihet's."

Kur: "Before you hull me off, I do like to ask why must you lock me up. I'm not your enemy, I dislike the fact that i'll be treated like one..."

----------------------------------------

Farran: "You might find out soon enough that the answers to both your questions have a similar answer. "*Farran smiles* "Ravan, I have a feeling you and I have much more in common than you might think."

Ravan: "Thats good to hear..."

*Farran truns in his chair and talks into a comm link*

-------------------------------------------

Nimalf: *as Kioet descends* "I really, really, really don't like this. Are you going to tell me who that Councilman had you detain now?"

*sees Irvine inside the ship* "Oh...Force..."

*WH Irvine quickly notices Nimalf*

*WH Irvine now towers the average sized man, walks over to Nimalf.*

WH Irvine: "Whats the matter? I see the expression that I must have decided to have a little change. Heh, heh, heh, heh..."

Rwos: I need to get out of here and call my ship.

----------

*The formation of ships split apart. Two of the ships turn directly in her path, while the third heads the other direction*

Bastards. They know they can't match this fighter so they're going to try to box me in while they get their prize out of here. I think they were expecting me...and that means Rwos...oh great.

*Ida releases Rwos' ship and opens fire. The Shadow's shields absorb the volley*

Holk: Are you sure you can get to your ship in time? Well, if you follow me I'll take you to a show you a quicker way to reach your friend, and ship. Oh, can you survive a little decompression?

*Before Rwos can answer Holk stands and leads him to another hanger. She and Rwos head for a two seater fighter. Holk takes the forward chair leaving the backseat for Rwos. In this fighter the two seats were seperated.

Speaking over the com

You'll find a canister of oxygen under your seat if you can't handle decompression. Enjoy the ride.

*Without another word, Holk lifts the ship, turns it towards closed hanger doors and goes full throttle. The doors open just enough for the fighter to fit through*

Wow it worked.

*Within Seconds the fighter was in space heading towards the small skirmish.*

You can signal your ship anytime you want. *chaning the com channel* First wave is a go.

----------------------

*Without warning and appearing to have come from no where a volley of laser bolts lash out hitting the Shadow's ships. The twelve cloaked fighters finishing their strafing run and going full speed leave the area and head behind the planet. Then two large destroyers drop out of hyperspace heading directly towards the Shadow's ship*

Holk: Did I mention we really don't like being attacked?

*The destroyers quickly close distance, and begin to open fire. Currently only using the less advanced turbolaser, they fire volley after volley. A cloaked Frigate moves in front of the third Shadows path, drops cloak and begins to open fire.*

Holk: Oh, if you care to tell us how the Shadows are towing that ship we will intercept it and stop them from leaving with it. Or we can destroy it. I believe you can safly get to your ship now.

*Ida watches as the Aesirian ship's volleys hit the Shadows, having little effect. She tries to scan the Gallyava ship, but finds she can't*

Great. They've a mild warp field over it. Creative...they can tow it and it won't show up on scanners either. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to tell if there's any live Gallyava abroad, so I can't shoot!

*taking a second look at the Aesirian ship* Wait a second. Those ships...are those more Aesir?

----------

*Rwos shrugs off the decompression effects as his regeneration factor heals them* Don't bother attacking them - their shields will probably be too strong. *looks at the ships in front of him* But...it looks like they aren't protecting the Gallyava ship. Can you scan for...no you can't. Dammit! I don't think there's anything we can do. We can't risk hitting it if there's live Gallyava abroad, can't try to cut it off for the same reason, and no way to stop it from leaving. Unless you've got a better option.

*Holk smilies*

Holk: This is just to get their attention, please watch what happens now.

*The two destroyers ling up, so that the two shadow ships that engaged Ida were between them. Blue arcs began to play accross the destroyers' hull. Suddenly the arcs connected, other acrs continued to play across the hull. This was perhaps the most dazzling weapon the Aesir have ever created. The Shadows' ship came within range. At the center of where the blue arcs meet. Two more highly focused Arcs Shoot out, each hitting one of the ships around the center of the ship. Once there it seemed to dance amoung the hull until finally the arcs came to the engines, where they stayed*

Holk: About the wreck, once that field covering it is down, we can impose a containment field that will keep in the atmosphere. If you can talk to the shadows, tell them that we rather destroy both them and the ship rather then letting them have it. Even if there are any Gallayva on board. There only hope of escaping the system alive is to surrender. If they do that then we will let them leave. If they do not we will kill them, using a resonance torpedo if we have to. At the very least that frigate there will ram them.

Rwos: Even if I do, they'll know I'm bluffing. Already, one Gallyava is dead. If more are killed, especially by our hand, well...let's just say we DON'T want that happening. If they have maybe as much as a minute they'll get away.

----------

*Ida scans the ships hit. The arcs had eaten away at the shields all around the ship, and were now arcing off the engines, destroying the shields over them*

Bloody clever weapon. I wonder how it works...

*Ida fires at the nearest ship's engines. The bolts finally pierce. The ship's engines detonate*

Holk: Well that ships engines just blew. The next should be right behind it. After that the destroyers will go after third and final ship. Keeping them here. Also that weapons power will increase once it just has a single ship to attack. What we really need to know is how the Shadows are towing that ship.

Rwos: See the slightly blue coloration of the Gallyava ship? That's a warp field. They're probably towing the field rather than touching the ship itself. Not standard procedure - probably why they took so long to leave earlier.

By the way, their ships don't have to be moving to go into warpspace.

*Ida's fighter takes out the other Shadow ship's engines*

*Ida's voice comes over the comlink* Rwos! I hope you've got something really good planned about now!

Orthos: I'm glad to be alive...Mrs Flax....

----------------------------

*The hospital. Deac lies asleep, dreaming....

He sees his funeral. He sees people from his life mourning his loss, and then, his coffin opens. DarkDeac pulls his way out.

DarkDeac: Surprised? You will be.

-----------------------------------

*DarkDeac's eyes flash black*

You fools. You have no idea what you have made. I only need a body on the prime planes. I am Darkstar! And soon, I shall be Lokpihet again!

DarkDeac: "You fools. You have no idea what you have made. I only need a body on the prime planes. I am Darkstar! And soon, I shall be Lokpihet again!"

Spectar: "Bah! You think that psyical manifestations can keep its form in this realm? Obviously you think that is what your currently in is a body... Maybe it was a mistake to allow that avatar to enter that empty soul... Oh yeah, by the way, you may think you have a great amount of power in prime realms, but here we hold all the cards..."

okay, ill jsut fix it right here and now...

*After Spectar tells off DarkDeac, he quickly destroyies the body, only leaving the soul which the foolish avatar accdently doing upon himself...*

Spectar: "Congrats... Now you can travel no where... Unless permitted... Now I have to make a new body to use..."

-----------

*A figure in the very same hanger that has a lumious aura around him, stands up... and quickly notices how everything around him appears ackward...*

*panicing he feels what he thinks is his chest... a hole... now he starts to become less translusent... He is nothing more then the Cloned Irvine himself! DEAD!*

---------------

*Back in the psyical realm, where the spirit cannot see... what everyone thinks is Irvine, pretends to play his role, bides his time...*

((ooookay @ Scar))

Ida: This is way too risky, Rwos.

Rwos: It's the only way. We probably have about a minute before they can enter warpspace.

Ida: What about your friends up there?

Rwos: There's nothing they can do in a minute that wouldn't provoke the Shadows to just dump the Gallyava and leave.

Ida: Won't trying to board them do the same thing?

Rwos: No. They won't see boarding as threatening their safety the way an attack would. Trust me, I have experience with these people.

*silence*

Ida, we're out of time.

Ida: Fine. But if this goes wrong, keep in mind it's all of our heads.

*Rwos and Ida fly their fighters in a circling vector towards the ship towing the Gallyava, avoiding the barrage of fire sent back their way*

*The two ships with disabled engines stay silent for a moment longer, then open fire themselves*

Archived