4. Shemue II

5. Ghost Recon

GBA:

1. Tatics Ogre

2. Zelda

3. Metroid

4. Castlevania

5. Megaman Zero

I've not played very many games all year, being that I'm always too damn busy to enjoy the simple things in life, but when I do sink my teeth into a game, I usually end up liking it a helluva lot.

GameCube: Metroid Prime, 007:Nightfire, Super Smash Brothers Melee.

PS2: Final Fantasy X (killer soundtack to boot), Kingdom Hearts, The Two Towers

PC: Jedi Outcast (really the only game I play on the computer)

Final Fantasy X - ok, so it technically came out last Christmas, but it wasn't widely released until January. Besides, i played it alot this year too.

Kingdom Hearts - don't let the Disney part fool you, this is a solid and extremely fun action RPG.

Jedi Outcast - Did it come out this year? Oh well, still a great game.

Bounty Hunter - For some reason gamespot was jaded against this game. It was a ton of fun, albeit a little difficult.

Due to the crappy state of my computer, i didn't get ot play any of the big PC games this year. Oh well, hopefully i'll get a new one this spring...

PC

1. Europa Universalis II (best staying power...been playing it all year with little stop and going to get Hearts of Iron)

2. Sid Meier's Antietam! (Amazing! The Best game for three years straight has finally been dethroned!)

3. Jedi Outcast (MODS MODS MODS MODS! but getting old now...)

4. WarCraft III (good campaign...oh yes...)

5. NeverWinter Nights (just started playing and I'm cruising through so far...fun times with my kewl bard)

PS2

1. NCAA 2003 (WEEEE-DOGIE!)

2. Vice City (Just got it...supremely addictive...yet a tad bit naughty)

3. TimeSplitters 2 (another just gotten...decent story mode, but MP is where it's at. You even have a map maker! Too bad you can't d/load my awesome Alien Disco level;) )

4. SW Bounty Hunter (X-mas was so full of joy)

5. SOCom Navy Seals (silent death over the X-mas holiday, oh yes. Deffinatly a good stealth game. Ten times better then the auto head shot games of Rainbow 6 past)

1. Neverwinter Nights: Got this recently, I played through the single player campaign all the way and I want more, its that good

2. Warcraft III: Still hasn't gotten old for me, probably one of the better RTS' I've played

3. Jedi Outcast: Nuff said

Crazydog, use your numeric keys when you are in one of the gun emplacements. you can enter them by standing in front of one of those dark niches on the boat and then pressing 'e'.

to get back on topic, let me briefly explain why BF1942 cuts the cake for me:

one word: multiplayer.

i have played LAN-games ever since the phenomenon started, and have played almost every RTS since then (AOK and Total Annihilation the most), but nothing - absolutely NOTHING - came close to playing the BF1942 Wake Island demo online. The game only improved things, so i guess that says a lot...

Archived