Favourite Duel?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Duel?

• Obi and Qui-gon v Darth Maul.
    • Obi v Dooku.
    • Anakin v Dooku.
    • Yoda v Dooku.
    • Obi v Vader.
    • Luke v Vader (the "I am your father" one).
    • Luke v Vader (the one infront of Palp).

Originally posted by Count Dooku 2

Question:

What's the music got to do with how good a lightsaber duel is? Surely it's the skill, technique and power displayed by the Sith / Jedi that counts? Well, I wouldn't know what the music is doing in any of the lightsaber fights anyway,

well lets see...what does the music got to do with how good it is?

well for one it adds emotion to the fight which gets the watcher more involved in what's going on

• 2 weeks later...

Again, I'm undecided:

For fighting technique, I'd have to say that Dooku vs Yoda was excellent for the simple fact that Dooku had to defend himself against a midget made out of Flubber, and the fact that the attacks came at all different heights made it purely brilliant. I didn't really like the scene and felt it was completely unnecessary though.

For pure entertainment in the speed, tension and excitement of it all, I'd definitely have to say Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul since the fight choreography was so well practiced and learnt by EMcG & RP that it looked so intense and realistic, like the two of them were excellent swordsmen and extremely proficient at predicting the others move with the force. But the Way Darth Maul died was well and truly crappy. He seriously should not have been killed off that easily. Why didn't he just stick his saber out in front of him as Obi-Wan jumped up? He would have sliced him clean in two! FFS.... *goes of grumbling to himself for 20 minutes, then eventually comes back to finish his post...* :D

For atmospherics and set design, I definitely have to choose Luke vs Vader on Bespin. The carbon freezing chamber was incredible. Oh... my... frickin... god. Wow. I am definitely going to have to do up a room of my house like that when I finally get my own place after winning the lottery on a rollover night... :D

So it's a no-vote for me, I'm afraid. :p

lol, swiss? where'd that come from? hahahaha, first off i think that jango could take on the entire swiss army by himself (oh shush he could too in that slave1). secondly why just saber vs saber? ok fine, hmmmmm. in that case i guess ill pick luke vs vader in ESB. not for the actual duel but for all that was gained through that duel. the symbolic loss of hand and gain of father. and of course that one creepy line "no, I am your father" chills up my spine.

• 2 weeks later...

duel of the fates, obi v maul without doubt my favorite.

i can watch over & over & over & over again

ask me the same question in may 2005 and my answer will probably change to obi vs anakin. i am so looking forward to seeing that fight

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

I'd like to see any of you last in an intense duel for half an hour...

15 minutes or a bit shorter will be fine, just to keep it within the realms of realism and to prevent people from getting fed up with it. (altough I wouldn't mind it, I can imagine some people going "finish him off already!" )

I could stand it if they kept the environments varied such as going in new rooms, etc. There are many ways to keep peoples attention.

Thats the best thing with the Luke vs Vader fights. They have massive effects on the story line. For example the "I am your father" scene was a major shocker and effected all the other films with Luke going "I will not fight you!" etc., and the Vader killing the emperor... no one saw that one comin' and it showed Vader did have a good side. All of those dramatic moments make them incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by leXX

You're not the only one. I just hope GL makes it a very very long duel, at least 15 minutes long.

If GL did that, I would shed tears....tears of joy:cry6: .... :D

My vote goes to the Episode 6 duel, the final confrontation between father and son.

Archived