Home

Do games just seem too easy now??

TheWhiteRaider

take this in conciderationL jkII had 25 levels, while jk just had 21 levels. but jk had way longers play time than jkII. i think the games nowadays have lost their "flair" because they look so good. i'd rather play jk than jkII, because the game has flair, it has a certain surrounding that grabs and pulls you into the game, that is the same with older games. the new games don't do that, you just play them, but you can stop whenever you want.

the best games i ever played where text-based games, why? because you use our imagination, you think creative. you don't see a rope down a clif on your screen and decide to go down, you form a picture in your head, with the text that is written on your screen, you see you can go south. you write "go south" and another text appears, and you make a mental picture again. and b4 you know, you are in the game....

i'll exit now

I think nostalgia is messing with you guys.

I, for one, think JO is the pinnacle of the Dark Forces series. Never has it been so fun playing a Jedi. You feel like a Jedi, and you have so many options at your disposal.

Going back to JK1 makes no sense to me. It was a great game and I had much fun playing it, but JK2 is so much superior in every conceivable way.

Regarding text based games, I find them horrible. You have so little control in them, and it's all out a bland experience. Kstar, I seriously think the only reason you hold them to such high esteem is because of nostalgia. They were great once, and now they're deemed untouchable.

Modern games have it going on every aspect of it - the story lines are much better, the graphics gets you sucked into the game and the realism makes it a much more believable experience.

I always shed a tear whenever I'm playing an old game. I once thought they were great, but now when I'm playing them again, I immediately ask myself: "God, why did I find this crap enjoyable?"

no, i still play text based games.

i think that the increasing realism is just making you stay out of it more and more. because it comes near real, but it also doesn't by a long shot

in JO, you aren't kyle anymore.

kyle was a mercenary and worked in the lowest parts of town, you see that in jk, he's a sort of anti-hero. but in jo, he suddely has everything, and he has become THE hero, and we can't relate to them anymore. in jk, kyle got hurt, and needed rest, but on JO, he just keeps going and going and going.......

i'm not saying jo is a bad game, IMO jk is just supperior to it.

Originally posted by Cjais

I think nostalgia is messing with you guys.

Probably :D

But DF will always be my favorite. Then JK, then MotS, then JO.

They seem to get worse as they go! Well, not really. They're all great games. Stack 'em up to stuff outside of SW, and I'd love JO!

What Games in specific, Sure there are lots of games that are too short or too easy but there are alot that are long and hard, hmmm I think i should edit that. Anyway, Halflofe was long, as i recall, Turok Evolution is the worst shoot em up ever, it took me ages to complete and one i had I had no desire to go back and play on it again. Medal of honour was way too short, they could have made it better. Jedi Outcast is about right, but too easy and as far as im concerened as long as a game has an option to make a Mod, or TC then it can be everlasting if people put in the effort. Well done LucasGames, WHoo HOO!!!!

Originally posted by Lost Welshman

Turok Evolution is the worst shoot em up ever, it took me ages to complete and one i had I had no desire to go back and play on it again.

*shoots poison arrow at lost welshman*

have fun puking your guts out!

:rofl:

Originally posted by Katarn07

JO for example was the worst in the series! DF, JK, MotS were better, but JO did have a better story than MotS, I'll say that much :D

I want a new SW FPS. No more Kyle. They'll ruin him.

I have to totally disagree with you there. DF was over average, i din't find it great, being in a dark room then getting stuck because they don't give you any clue what so ever. I thought it was ok (music was good though) JK was good! very, it had atmosphere and was good fun shooting. MoTs i found was mediacore, it had nothing that much new (except the sidies :rolleyes:) and wasn't as fun or atmospheric as jk1.

JK2 i thought was the best in the series. It was very good, the single player had a good storyline and it started off on the wrong foot but soon as you get to level 4 it kicks ass. It has a better Fun factor than the rest of the games, maybe not the same atmosphere but acceptable and the levels were good. Altogether it made a great game, better than the rest imho, good even though nothing that much significant (atmosphere,guns excluding the lightsaber) but because it was more fun.. it's a better game.

That's just my views and i'll stick by them... sure jk1 mp was great, it wasted 4 years of my life gdi! but jk2 is better. not the same map with force speed and sight on constantly.

And Turok Evolution being a bad game is the biggest amount of crap i've ever heard come out of something! It's a brilliant game.

Yeah games nowadays are getting shorter and shorter. Take SW: The Clone Wars for GC for example.

I got the game for new years eve, and I played it all day. The Problem with this is that I completed the game the same day (Witout Bonus goals.). I still need like 8 more Bonus Goals to unlock the Jedimaster MP game. The game was a great fun to play. The story line was really good, good graphics, good characters, good mix of saber fighting and driving/flying, and good voice acting. The only thing is that the graphics was better than the challenge.

I like that they managed to get actors that sounded similar to the actors playing the characters in Ep2 (Except maybe those who acted as Yoda and Obi-Wan).

So maybe think a little about that for a sec or 2..!

-Clemme

well, some games are just simply really easy for example the 64 Zelda game Ocarnia of Time was pitifully easy to me. I mena the NES Zelda games were harder than that. But a lot of times its because im older and able to figure things out better.

I think so. I remember the Nintendo and the Genisis games were hard as hell

No kidding! There is a game I own for the nintendo and never in my 16 years on this earth even come close to beating it!

What Games in specific

Most of the FPS these days just have too little missions. Heck I still go back and play GoldenEye on the N64 because it was well done. Tons of mission and none of them were too easy.

It think that they make the games so that renters can beat it in the 5 day they have it. I have come close to beating Metriod Prime(Only have to kill the final boss. Which if my GameCube did not have to go back before the game I would have.) all in five days.

The reason for this, what is really media wide, dumbing down of gaming is becuase there are not the same number of hardcore gamers these days.

Games are now far more a fashionable item - just look at the wipEouts and jet Sets for the music industry's influence.

The large number of sports games capitalising on this fact.

Final Fantasys even - the new Kingdom hearts is aimed at the tweenagers and up, not teenagers and up as it used to be.

They are rolling with the market, and the market with society.

Hard games will be made, but they will be tested, and reviewed as if the reviwer were what is at the time and average gamer, and so will not get best write up, and be knackered for it.

Its almost like the problem of the growing lack of originality in games.

Skill is going the same way.

About Turok Evolution. At first I thought it was a great game. The Multiplayer was great with the nukes and stuff. When I complited the game though I was so frustrated and just got fed up of the annoying bad guys so I didnt play it again, infact im going to sell it. I dont know how you can still think its good after having to go through the agony of the last load of levels. It also gets way too repetative, if you want a long lasting game thats fun, get an Adventure game like the amazing Grim Fandango or The Hillarious Discworld. THERE!!!!!!!!!

Archived