Home

Manny's Death

SamNMax

Originally posted by SamNMax

Note Domino's remark when Manny looks a picture in his office and says, "Is that the picture that came with the frame?". Dom says, "That suit come with those holes?".

Er... I think Dom’s saying that Manny’s clothes are scruffy, not that he got shot several times. Besides, those two things are completely separate. Why would Manny still be wearing the clothes he died in? :)

But if you ask me, the Voodoo Lady LeChuck killed Guybrush. And Guybrush’s real name is Manny. Yes.

And Guybrush’s real name is Manny.
Manny Threepwood perhaps?

Regarding Manny's death, who knows, since he prefers not to talk about it.

But something must have gone wrong since he's paying off a little debt to the powers that be by working at the DoD.

I think he was set up in his real life. He did something bad but only because he had no other choice. That's what I 'feel' anyway. He can't really be a cold harded serial killer or anything. Maybe he killed for love, but only because there was no other way.

Manuel didn't necessarily do anything in life to deserve getting stuck at the Department of Death. Prior to founding the LSA, we know that Salvador Limones worked as a reaper. But after Sal is killed, we learn that he was actually entitled to a ticket on the number 9 train all along. We know that the DOD is corrupt, the storyline revolves around people being denied the passage that is owed to them, and at this point we learn that extends to souls sentenced to "community service". How this applies to Manny is open to debate.

But Manny knows he has to pay off his debt - I mean, that guy at the start laughs at him - "at least there are some people who are worse off than me" or somethin like that. I don't think he was screwed by the system or anything.

i think if they made a sequil or maybe even a prequil it would kick ass, but they should still put some kind of "mystery" in it, maybe start the game from his childhood and fallow it up untill his death. but leave minor deatails out that only the player can fill in with his imanagation.

Question: does many even know what he did in his past life? He knows that he has to stay back and do comunity servis untill his det is payed, but does he know why?

Archived