Home

Love

Darklighter

Momma always said love was like a box of chocolates. If you aren't careful, you'll get it all over your hands or something like that. :p

/Forest Gump Ripoff

Love is love. There is no other way to describe it, really. Love is always a good thing, because it helps us strive to be better. When we love someone, we do (or should do) what is best for them. In turn, we usually get what is best for us in the long run.

Love is a chemical reaction that ensures our continued survival by making us want to breed.

Love exists. And is a good thing, as we can clearly see, since we're still here. Breeding is good for the population ;)

Also, note that it's Platonic love (not plutonic lol) - Platon theorized that there are in reality to planes of existence: The spiritual (true) plane, and the material (shallow) plane. When you love someone platonically, you only love them on a shallow, material plane. Loving someone truly (in his words) can only be done by loving their spiritual, immortal, unchanging self.

Not that I agree with him.

Plutonic, platonic, it's only a vowel in difference:Dlol

I do believe in love, that there is someone out there for everyone, in reference to so called 'true love'. But as I've found out recently, love is a term that get's thrown around a lot, thrown around way too much actually, and people don't mean it. I think it's bad how the word is generalised so much. Like for instance, think of two people in their teens who have been going out for a few months, a relationship based mainly on sex, and one person says to the other 'I love you'. Then, think of two people who are older, who have been with each other for a long time, and have a strong relationship, and one person says to the other 'I love you'. They are totally different circumstances, but they are essentially saying the same thing.

What I'm getting at is that either people are confused about what love is, and just label it as one degree, or they don't mean it at all.

(Hope that made sense lol...I'm not good at putting these things into words:p)

love is good. and like obi13 (shortening name cause i dont feel likt typing it) said, love is love. you just know what it is.

sometimes love acn be bad cause you love someone or something that doesnt love you back. that's when you find hate. but enough about that, im gonna go ot sleep.

Love is purely altruistic. When in love you want to do your best to make her/him happy and accomplishing that makes yourself happy too.

It's not lust or desire. It is simply a feeling that "forces" you to make someone happy. You tap into their feelings in a way; if they are happy - you feel warm and fuzzy inside, and if they're sad - you are sad.

Love has nothing to do with sex. (Do you want to make out with your mom?)

Love "at first sight" is BS. No-one can love without knowing the person.

Love can fade away, it is not eternal. It is a feeling and feelings can change.

Love is a great thing in my opinion. I also agree with you Darky. Love shouldn't be just tossed around lightly like some people do. It is something that you mean from the bottom of your heart and that you know you feel.

It makes you feel better when you are reminded of who loves you. It makes you do things that you would never do before. When you love someone you are willing to do anything for that person to make them happy. It's when are feeling the same thing your partner is feeling. Like if your G/F is sad then you are sad because she is. You feel what they feel. It is also more than just physical. It means that you are basically each other's best friend and that you can talk about anything and have a very good conversation with each other.

:lsduel::duel:

Cjais, I think you meant to say Plato, the Greek philosopher, not Platon.... It is the Hellenic style of spelling that makes it be spelt platonic......

Anyway, there are many ways to describe love, and what it does to a person. Some scientists put it down to no more than a chemical reaction in the brain, similar to that of eating chocolate...

That if we love someone it is due to the chemical reactions from pheromones (sp?) and physically appearance.

To me, love is something that exists somewhere in your mind, that you would do anything for that person, and have complete faith that they would do the same for you BUT they don't have to do it. In some ways, it depends on how well you know yourself how well you can love others.

In essence, it is a feeling that invades every part of your life and thinking, and has no negative influence on it. It makes you happy when you are around them, when you think of them. Most of what people might consider love, is nothing more than lust, or sexual attraction that they fall for....

I'm sick of people saying romeo and juliet is the greatest love story ever told. It's not even a love story. They didn't know eachother. It was purely teenage lust. Nothing more. 2, foolish, lustful teenagers, throwing a tantrum because their parents said no to them being together.

People twist love to mean whatever they want it to. It's rather sickening...

My opinion is that love is the that makes us not kill everybody we see. We have some love for all life. When we love somebody more than enought not to kill them, we are polite to them. Love them more, we are friends. Love them more than that and you love them enough to want to marry somebody. Love somebody less that enough not to kill them (like Osama bin laden) and you will kill him.

Love is influenced by things like debt (they saved your life), behavior, looks, and other things.

Thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by GonkH8er

I'm sick of people saying romeo and juliet is the greatest love story ever told. It's not even a love story. They didn't know eachother. It was purely teenage lust. Nothing more. 2, foolish, lustful teenagers, throwing a tantrum because their parents said no to them being together.

People twist love to mean whatever they want it to. It's rather sickening...

If anything it proved that because the love was forbidden, it only excelerated the outcome. With teenagers if you forbid them from anything they will swim in it anyway they can. I am one of the fortunate ones that had parents that knew this enough to let me make my own mistakes and my own decisions. Alcohol was forbidden so I drank like a fish until I got sick, but my parents even knew that was going on, but pretended not to. After I got sick, they told me that I had learned the lesson. :)

Has anyone ever looked up the word 'love' in the dictionary? This is what it says on dictionary.com:

------------------------------------

1.) A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

2.) A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

3.)

a) Sexual passion.

b) Sexual intercourse.

c) A love affair.

4.) An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.

5.) A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.

6.) An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

7.)

a) A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.

b) The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.

------------------------------------

It just goes to show the many different meanings of the word love. I think that the first meaning describes love in a general sense very well.

love suffers long

love does not envy

love does not seek it self

love is not provoked

love thinks no evil

love does not rejoice in sin

love rejoices in the truth

love bears all things

love hopes all things

love endures all things

to find out the meanings of these phrases private message me

Originally posted by InsaneSith

love is a human concept made to give another reason for sex other than just reproduction. and to give you something to look forward to in life.

So I'm gonna guess that you don't love your parents?

Well I love my parents.......and that in NO way means i want to have sex with them.....and I love my friends..but i DONT want to have sex with them.....and I love my grandparents....you get the idea.

I agree with Lexx. Love is when you know that you would be willing to die for a person..that their life means more to you than your own.

My opinion is that love is the that makes us not kill everybody we see. We have some love for all life. When we love somebody more than enought not to kill them, we are polite to them. Love them more, we are friends. Love them more than that and you love them enough to want to marry somebody. Love somebody less that enough not to kill them (like Osama bin laden) and you will kill him.

Well in that case i must love EVERYBODY:D.....Even Osama bin Laden...because i dont want to kill him.........I dont believe it though....i dont love osama bin laden....i think he's a horrible human being...but i dont want to kill him. I think killing is wrong.

Originally posted by leXX

I am deeply in love. Love exists on many levels... the love I have for my children is different from the love I have for my husband and family.

My definition of love has always been 'when you would die for that person'.

I also agree with that leXX. I would do that without hesitation for those that I love. I also have many kinds of love. There is the love that I have for my friends that I can say that they are brothers and sisters to me.

There is the love that I have for my parents for giving me all the stuff that I have and giving me many oppurtunites that my sister never had.

There is the love that I have for my friends parents that I can say are like a second set to me.

There is the love that I have of people that I respect a lot and that I Admire.

Then there is that love that I have for my G/F which is one of the greatest to me. I would do anything for her and I know that she would do the same for me. It's that love where we trust each other and don't even think about the other hurting us. It's that love that just makes you feel that you actually mean something in this very big and chaotic world that we live in this world today. It's the kind of love that makes you make sacrafices that seem funny and pointless to other people but that mean so much to you.

Finally there is my love for my God who made me everything that I am. Who blessed me with the life that I have and that has kept a watchfull eye over me. It's that kind of love that you are not embarresed to show in front of other people.

:lsduel::duel:

What love is to me...wow. Love is so many things. Starting off with the most obvious situation, love between two people is magic. Not a lustful, simply physical relationship, but a meaningful, truly emotional relationship. Love is thinking about that one person 95% of the time. Love is waking up thinking about the one you love and going to bed doing the same thing. Love is letting your other know how much you love them, be it by a kiss, a whispered affirmation of affection or simply a meaningful look. Love is doing silly little things like singing song lyrics or wearing a certain item of clothing just because you know that your other will love it. Love is hurting whenever you two are apart. Love is looking forward to that time when your paths will finally cross again. Love is being able to speak with your other over the phone and be comfortable and at peace just listening to each other breathe. Love is helping each other through difficult times, whatever the circumstances may be. Love is putting your beloved first and foremost in everything. Love is holding your other in your arms, relishing the feel of their body against yours. Love is knowing how to make your partner laugh, knowing how to please them, knowing when to give them space and knowing when to comfort them. Love is not only wanting your other, but needing them. Love is not knowing what you will do without them. Love is caring for your partner despite their faults and pasts. Love is putting aside your own past and living in the present. Love is not only being in a physically and emotionally intimate relationship, but also being a caring, listening friend to your beloved. Love does not care what other people think about your relationship.

Most of all, love is truthful and everlasting. Love knows no bounds when it is all of these things.

Originally posted by Arkum

sometimes love acn be bad cause you love someone or something that doesnt love you back. that's when you find hate. but enough about that, im gonna go ot sleep.

Sadness can be as rewarding as joy.

"We cling to love and hate, joy and pain, hope and dispair, because they make us feel alive. But in the end we must all sink back into the deep, endless darkness, to be forever forgotten."

- Imperial Sage

Sadness, insofar it doesn't get out of hand, can be a very beutiful feeling, IMO.

Archived