Home

Enter the Matrix.... SCORE!

GonkH8er

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Gonk and I are in the same country, I will get my copy of ETM (XBOX) tomorrow, and if any of you slackers haven't got out to the stores by then, I'll think of posting a small teaser/review...

BTW, once you get over 1000 posts you don't have to pay to change titles. If you meant your user name, that's another question entirely........

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

I don't think we're going to see Gonk for a few days, so we may have to wait for his opinion...

Yeah, who can blame him? If I was him, I'd be playing the game too! :D

I got my PC copy today, had some problems with it, spoke to technical support and they said just d/l the latest drivers for my video card and it should be ok, so fingers crossed.

What I've played of it so far, it KICKS ASS!

*cough*I might be missing for a few days. ;) *cough*

No multiplayer.

Specs:

windows 98se/me/2000/xp

800 MHz (1.2 GHz recommended)

128 mb ram (256 recommended)

hard disk space: 4.3 GB free

hard drive: 7200 RPM or faster

cd rom drive: 36X

sound: windows compatible sound card

directx: DirectX version 9.0 or higher (included)

Updating the driver worked! :)

It's soooo cool. When you use focus and slow everything down, you can really combine the shooting and kung fu brilliantly! It feels so much like you're in the film.

I'll see you lot in a couple of days. As BCanr2d2 says, I have the SEV. ;)

*SPOILER*

I had a shoot out with a bunch of security guards in the post office lobby and it felt just like the first films lobby shoot out!! Great stuff. I'm gonna absolutely love this game.

Hey guys!! I finished the game in a WHOOPING 3 hours and 26 minutes!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No cheats or whatever of course...

No really :( :( It was me and a friend who bought it; he's trying to get his money back!! Hell I though Unreal 2 was short, but this is NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!!

And the end... I won't 'spoil' anything for you, but it's like you're playing, then a movie starts and wow... that's it... No happy end, no bad end, just... NO END!!

Well the fighting in the game is great though, but very repetitive. It does feel very matrix though, that's a good thing and I really appreciate the movies with the real actors, it adds a lot to your matrix experience... But that much money for such a game... no.. sorry...

The ending movie is this "Matrix Revolutions trailer":

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99553

Yeah it's cool, but not much of an ending right :rolleyes:

Well that's just my idea of course... If the game would be like two to three times as long, I'd give it a 8.5, mostly for being able to capture the real matrix feel (yeah focus is great, try the wall walk and the cartwheels, woohoo!!). The graphics aren't all that great, but decent and at least the player characters look nice.

But because I finished in one day, I'll give it a score of 6.5, this is NOT the way gamers should be threated, I would feel really ripped of if I'd bought it (just as my friend feels now)...

But hey, no offense, if YOU like it fine, just wanna give my opinion here :)

I suppose I have a right to b*tch about Oni's lack of game length (after finishing it in 3-4 hours as well), but it was still a very good game regardless. I've played it time and time again.

Quality over quantity, says I.

Originally posted by C'jais

I suppose I have a right to b*tch about Oni's lack of game length (after finishing it in 3-4 hours as well), but it was still a very good game regardless. I've played it time and time again.

Quality over quantity, says I.

To a certain extent (eh... sp?), yes, but this is just pathetic... I really hope they WONT get away with this, they should be... hehehe... PUNISHED!!! MWUAHAHAAA!!

Well anybody else finished it already?

BTW, the agent chase, it's the mission before the last one, is pretty cool and pretty hard too... But don't even think about battling agents, you can't beat them. It would be crazy if Niobe or Ghost could do that, only Neo can!!

Originally posted by HertogJan

To a certain extent (eh... sp?), yes, but this is just pathetic... I really hope they WONT get away with this, they should be... hehehe... PUNISHED!!! MWUAHAHAAA!!

Well anybody else finished it already?

That bad, eh?

Is it possible to download new stuff for it, or use some snazzy cheat codes to spice things up?

So is there a bullet time mode like max payne? Or is it just now and then it goes SMACKADEPOOPASHA in slow motion?

From the videos the fighting didn't look very fluid, it looked like the models got damage even if a punch didn't land..... And I refuse to beleive the game is that crap and that short, maybe you skipped all the cutscenes :p after all LeXX says its 4.3gb! J/k It does sound like you're being serious.

I hope, if it is as short as you say, that there are some sort of cheats to give it even more replay value, I can imagine it now

*presses ` on Keyboard and types into console 'There is no spoon' and there is a message 'You are the One' te he, that would be cool.

THIS GAME ROCKS, but alas, i have to play on my dads pc. but he said since i got this game, we are gonna sell my whole system. Monitor, keyboard, etc(except my surround sound) and he is gonna get a new one off ebay...YAY

i used the unlimited focus cheat, thats fun. and unlimited ammo...this game Rocks i give it a 100 out of 10

This game is deffinately a must-play. I dont know about lenght, i've only played the first and some of the second level, but I do know that it's way fun. The fighting is so cool, fluid motion, great animations, and a strong feeling of actually BEING in the matrix and doing what they do.

Focus jumping is very neat, as is dodging bullets and wall running/jumping.

Overall, this game gets a 9.8/10. Those .2 points are lost because occasionally the movement is more difficult than I would liike....otherwise, perfection.

Well I runned the game @ 1024x768 (highest resolution is 1280x1024, but that isn't a 4:3 ratio :mad: ) and with everything set to full, that means FSAA5x and anistrotocptocotic (ehehhe sp? :p) filtering. It runs ok, but when fighting lot's of guys youir framerate drops.. I dunno my friend's system specs though...

Yeah the fighting is VERY authentic, but it's annoying your character stays in hand-to-hand-combat-mode too long. Example: you kick an agent to the floor (impossible to kill him) and you want to run away, but you're still in hand-to-hand-combat-mode!! So you move like in a fighting game, sideways, *sigh*

Oh and focus is great too, although I was dissapointed by the jump you had to make, you can only jump a few meters or so, where morpheus etc. can jump crazy distances!

Wallrunning and backflips look great and are easy to do (just run into a wall with focus on), but I didn't effectively use them much. I like the wallkick though, it's when an enemy is close to a wall and you perform a kick where your character uses the nearby wall as a support. It's a one-hit-kill :)

Of course the cartwheels look great when shooting. And you can hug the wall and shoot around the corner and make some kind of butterfly from around a corner, shooting :) And you can shoot the pillars in the lobbies, so dust is flying :) During this your camera can be ****ed up sometimes :mad:

The missions get kinda boring though; find this switch, blow this up, help Ghost/Niobe to do this etc etc.

Oh and I didn't skip the cutscenes, and I think the 3 hours 26 is pure playing time, but still, that's way too short.

Have you completed the Hacking yet HertogJan? That is part of the game, unlocking all the stuff and completing the hacking part of it. I completed it (Hacking) in about an hour. It ends...

when you hear Neo's voice and he tells you to follow the white rabbit

... but there is still plenty of stuff to unlock, so keep hacking after.

I'm pretty far in the game, I havn't actually had that much chance to play it, but I'm gonna give it a long session today, and by the sounds of it, complete it.

I love it. I think they have captured the feel of the Matrix wonderfully. Yeah the graphics aren't wonderful, but the storyline is gripping. I find my self shouting... RUN RUN, QUICK PICK UP THE PHONE!!... lol. I love the kung fu and way you can shoot from behind a corner. The soundtrack to accompany it is just excellent.

ETM gets a full thumbsup in my book. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by HertogJan

Yeah the fighting is VERY authentic, but it's annoying your character stays in hand-to-hand-combat-mode too long. Example: you kick an agent to the floor (impossible to kill him) and you want to run away, but you're still in hand-to-hand-combat-mode!! So you move like in a fighting game, sideways, *sigh*

You know you just have to press [E] to get out of that right?

Archived