Home

What is your favorite saber style?

Joetheeskimo

What is your favorite lightsaber style?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite lightsaber style?

• Fast (Blue)
    • Medium (Yellow)
    • Strong (Red)

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

I enjoy using fast, because it maneuvarable and effective. It's very good against strong, because strong is so slow and fast is so fast :D

I think light stance is very effective at getting you killed when used against red. :p Lunge is useful though, when not overused. I just use red and yellow.

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

well if youjump and roll out of the way a lot, strong is useless and fast is best. :saberb::saberr:

Try me. server: embrace.ath.cx

Its FFA and saber off != peace so if you start getting killed when you get there, well, dont complain. :) I play as Averron.

Red Owns J00...

My strategy when fighting a person using any saber style...

stay back, start swing, dart in and hit them, scoot back out of the way

this way I don't have to worry about them hitting me until I go in for the kill, I usually only have to hit the other person 2-3 times... easily dispatched (no force powers used)

Speed is helpful, so is absorb...

Start off with red, switch to blue, and don't forget to do a few yellow butterflies somewhere in the mix...

They are all effective when used in conjuction with one another. Being good with all three helps when you want others to second-guess what you're going to do next...

Defeating red is simple when you've got the distancing, just keep within as close to the swing without touching then start moving in and swinging with blue, it takes practice to get that distancing, but considering 90 % of the JK2 population uses red all the time or a majority of the time, practicing shouldn't be a problem, and once you get it down you'll be unstoppable :). I usually use all three stances at infrequent intervals though to keep my opponent on his/her toes.

I use alll 3 colored lightsabre stances in various situations although red is the one I prefer the most.

The 3 stances all have their pro's and con's it's like a game of rock paper scissors with the 3. One color beats another and each color has strength's and weaknesses.

But I love the red lunge so that's why I prefer red the most. Blue DFA is fun too though hehe. ;)

I have only 2 months ago started playing nf sabers, but from playing with some of the best nf saberists that i knew from ff, I have gained some insight into stances. For 1v1 nf, light and med are the best. Light and med because with light, you can move around using strafe (left-right) swings whicih damage alot especially against red. also the ducking version of this you can strafe swing twice and end up in a lunge which can do up to 90 damage (15 each for strafe and 60 for lunge). Also, red strafe swings won't hit you if you are ducked. I know many players who only run around strafing with yellow and when you use red swings they come in swing twice or so and run back out so pretty much they don't get hurt. For ffa red is by far the best, it damages the most and has the most range so it really gets kills.

But since i play ff mainly, i don't use my saber much except lunge so i mainly use only light.

I like yellow (mainly because of all the time you spend with it in SP), but it's usually not strong enough to beat aside red defences, and plus it lacks the "uber" blue and red lunges (which can be performed at will, regardless of proximity to the opposition).

I think there's an option missing in the poll: all of em :D As some other ppl here, I think you should learn to use 'em all!! It may confuse some people, but your opponents too! I like to do an occasional red swing, some yellow slashes and the yellow finisher and some quick blue slashes when my opponent is slow, followed by a lunge.

For duels, that is. For FFA: don't use your saber... And NF Sabers FFA is boring, everyone running after each other in a huge level :rolleyes:

Archived