Home

Galaxies Swampies

GonkH8er

I'm getting it here in approximately.....8.5 hours.

What server are you going to be on Gonk? I'm mostly going to be on the Starsider server [uS East coast] with the rest of my pa. I am going to create a secondary character on a west coast server, I just dont' know which one.

I'm going to start out as a scout and eventually become a bounty hunter. Also, just so you know what to look for, I was in beta and this is pretty close to what my character will look like......so come and get meh! ;P

It looks to be an awesome game, but sadly, I dont think I will be getting this one. I dont want to pay a monthly fee cause I know I will not involve enough time to feel like I am getting what I am paying for. It if was free every month, then that would be another story, but I understand why they are charging. Just not my type of thing.

Its still going to rock though, and I will be getting KotOR, but after I pick up NCAA Football 2004!!!!!

I don't know what server Leemu... I hadn't thought about that yet :) I don't know anyone yet whose going on any specific servers, cept for you, so maybe ill come on Starsider.

I'm planning on going artisan then architect, but also train in swords if possible.... dun want noone breaking into my purrrddddy houses :)

I have to say, when I heard about Galaxies I was initially interested. Very interested.

But after the NDA expired and reviews started coming out... i've changed my mind.

I'll be sticking with KOTOR and JA, thank you very much. You all have fun, though. :)

Y'know, if, and when it comes out, I'll probably train to be a Combat Medic, weapons manufacturer, or just a guy who has pretty lethal fighting tactics! If, or rather when, I run into an old friend of mine, all heck's goin' to bust loose! :evil2:

Although I hate having to pay 50 bucks + a monthly fee, I'm willing to go as far as getting a job or a raise in my weekly allowance of $5.

actually the monthly fee isnt too much, look here. i did the math, and if you KNOW you are gonna be stuck on this game for a year, the 1 year subscription is the best price. i'm debating on if i really wann shell out $14 a month to play it. im thinking KOTOR or Jedi Academy would be more worth it.I'll just wait to hear your feedback on it.

you should get the initial game cheap, then pay the monthly fees...

oh, and i'll play (when it comes out over here), but only if they introduce some form of "light users" account for people who will only spend an hour or two a week playing... otherwise it just aint worth it.

That's the thing.. you have to play an MMO for atleast an hour or two a day (averaged) for it to be worth it.

Currently I'm kind of leery of MMOs. The first MMO I ever bought (Asherons Call!) I played for 3 years before (temporarily?) retiring.

Only problem is every MMO I ever bought since then either didn't live up to my expectations, or else I just couldn't get into them. Anarchy Online was the first I tried a few months after it came out... It was actually really good, but I just didn't feel motivated to keep playing it so I went back to AC. Everquest just plain sucked in my opinion... :) Asheron's Call 2 which was also made by the same people as AC1 shoud've been really good... and infact I did like the combat better then AC1 but overall it was lacking, and once again didn't really see any reason to play. I quit that one and also went back to AC. Now the most recent one, Planetside which I KNEW would be good also disapointed me, I thought it'd be like Tribes 2 but on a much larger scale. The Truth is, it's not really that much different in terms of size of Tribes 2, since you only see about 30 people max at once anyways... also since every thing you do to advance your Empire can be reversed after you log out makes for little reason to keep playing... I haven't played that one for a month now... though I'm thinking about giving it one more try.

Anyway, my point is I've waisted 200 dollars on initial costs of buying, and atleast 100 dollars with the first 2 or 3 months (of subscribing) in my MMO history... When I couldn't really get into any of them... Maybe Asheron's Call was just a fluke and I don't really like MMOs at all :).

Still, I'm considering SWGs... And I probably WILL buy it... I mean what's another 50 dollars anyways :). Seriously though, if it IS good I'll defiantly be happy I got it.

But the MMO I'm waiting for is City of Heros, which looks (to me) like it is more of my cup of tea.

spidey fan :p, doesnt matter actually, it is a great qoute. i hope to get galaxies when i update my System. i wanna be a jedi, and only fight when i have to! it'll be so cool

edit- or a bounty hunter like Boba or Jango...agh! decisions!!!!!

edit2- a jedi\bounty hunter! BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.... Too much money for something I have so little time for. If I could spend an hour a day on it, it wouldn't be worth it... there are going to be so many people who will live in the game world for most of a day.....

I'd rather wait for the Jedi Academy release (and hope I don't have to upgrade my system too much :( ) and keep hoping that they release Bounty Hunter on PC.

Until then, occasionaly forays into JK2 will do me.

But even if I was interested: $50 + $14/mo!? That's crazy!

I just bought the game. I was both pleased and dissapointed. Though the idea of a star wars online game is nice. And the star wars related material is nice. As for the game itself. It reminded me too much of Everquest. And I hated that game so much. So I canceled my account after the second day. I spent sixty five bucks out of my already tight paycheck on this waste of time. If you hadn't played it and are a fan of everquest. Then get this game. It has almost an exact game engine.

Originally posted by iceman87

spidey fan :p, doesnt matter actually, it is a great qoute. i hope to get galaxies when i update my System. i wanna be a jedi, and only fight when i have to! it'll be so cool

Spoken like a true galaxies fan. Almost every little fan I've talked to in game says they want to be a Jedi. Read the faq though. Because likely, you won't ever get the chance. Not to mention being a dark jedi Bounty hunter. If you use force powers in the game, anyone can attack you. And if you get swamped with people trying to kill you. You will die, trust me. And a Aspiring Jedi can only die once and then it's over. Keep that in mind.

Archived