Home

Minor Violence...

legameboy

Minor Violence...  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Minor Violence...

• Its complete bull! Stupid politicians...
    • Oh my word! It's wonderful!
    • I have no say...

I don't think violent video games have any influence whatsoever on the violent behavior some may have. However I think younger folks, as they are not allowed to see restricted movies, souldn't be allowed to play some video games, that have violent and/or sexual content. So I'm agree with the restriction of violent video games but not to minors, I thin they sould classify them more like they do with movies (ie:13+,16+,18+).

People blame computer games for their children going loopy, it's a load of BS :)

Still, GTA3 has that extra little touch where you think "If i blocked that road there i could hi-jack that van" and "Hey, I'm running away by jumping over a fence - You should be able to do that in GTA3!" :D

Still, if anyone considered doing stuff they see in games then trhey shouldn't be allowed to touch 'em.

My movie rating system is different, i think that we should have 18 (simple enough) and then from 10yrs+ i think it should be up to the partens to let them see what ever movie they want. Then there's a simple U where anyone cna view it.

It's much more fair than all that crap where you gotta be 12 to see a movie with something in it that you see everyday in programmes (eg. spiderman)

I dunno what's everyones problem about "video games effecting(sp?) kids lives" thing.. for all of the games I've played, not one of them have altered the way I look upon life. (I can barely kill a mouse with a pellet(sp?) gun for crying out loud.)

Who cares, half the time, the kids get the video game anyways. I dont mind in that much. Playing a game like GTA Vice City isn't gonna make me go hi-jack a car and run over grannies. :p

Exactly. I play perfect dark,Halo, and conkers bad fur day, but it hasn't effected me at all. For christs sake, I almost cried when my mom poisonded the ant hill at our house. C'mon, now.

/\-is a crybaby :D:p:D

I dont know about you guys but I cant remember the last time a major video game system released a game where you go around your school killing everone then shooting yourself but thats just what I remember

kids are just crazy and thats all their is to it its not the games or the movies that do it its the fact that their crazy

Originally posted by Loki GM

/\-is a crybaby :D:p:D

I dont know about you guys but I cant remember the last time a major video game system released a game where you go around your school killing everone then shooting yourself but thats just what I remember

kids are just crazy and thats all their is to it its not the games or the movies that do it its the fact that their crazy

Exactly. There were murders on streets before shooting video games were made.

its complete bull, i think they will blame anything for kids having school shootings, me? i blame to news so i dont think minors should be allowed to watch that anymore, i mean all those violence images that i see wow worst then those video games

who cares? i have to agree tho....after playing many violent games it could change your thought patterns....so you're thinking about killing everyone ahead of you in line and crap like that. postal 2 doesn't help any...

Well, if most of you say that computergames have no effect at all at kids I must say that you wrong. There were several crimes committed by young people who even said that they did what they did because of a computergame.

Just watch the news and read the papers...

Of course...most people play a game, find it nice, turn off the PC and then do something else. They would never go mad because of a game. I would say that most of us here can handle games...and that we don't turn into psychos after playing a game with violence in it.

But don't forget. There are kiddies out there with a labile mind...think of littleton...think of other news you got to know and take this serious.

Originally posted by Wanderer

Well, if most of you say that computergames have no effect at all at kids I must say that you wrong. There were several crimes committed by young people who even said that they did what they did because of a computergame.

Just watch the news and read the papers...

Of course...most people play a game, find it nice, turn off the PC and then do something else. They would never go mad because of a game. I would say that most of us here can handle games...and that we don't turn into psychos after playing a game with violence in it.

But don't forget. There are kiddies out there with a labile mind...think of littleton...think of other news you got to know and take this serious.

heres a news flash for you wanderer people lie kids blame what they do on video games because they think that they can get off the hook for it

I do think that kids under 13 or grade 8 should be restricted to what video games that they can buy because their still in their primary learning stage but if a 17 year old boys says that he did what he did because he saw it on a video game then I dont beleive him

Violence has been around since the beginning of man. It's in our genes, video games do not make kids violent.

Now it might give them IDEAS on how to express their violent urges, but it didn't make them do it.

These kids could also just as easily get their inspiration from watching the daily news, so Video games should NOT be blamed.

Archived