Home

The League of Stupid Gentlemen

obi

Is It True?.

Read the reviews. According to mass people, this movie is a stinker. Now, I have been looking forward to seeing this for a long time, and Ebert gives it 1 star? Crikey!

To anyone who has seen it, please tell me how it is. If it is crap, Then mad I will be.

it's another comic book to movie adaptation that doesnt go really well from what i hear. just by reading the info on teh characters and plot, it seems that they changed a lot of things from the comics. first, they changed the leader from mina to allan quartermaine, and gave mina vampiric powers even though she didnt have them before. and why they put tom sawyer...i have no idea. he's not even in the comics, so they probably did it just for the american audience.

it won't be out over here for months of course, but the reviews i have seen compared it to The Avengers and Wild Wild West. :(

Sounds like another hollywood blockbuster that has been ruined by OTT CGI and explosions... plot holes galore... aimed at the Teenage Male American Matrix-is-best-movie-ever market. sigh.

Ironic really, i thought they should have kept norrington for blade 2, as it had far more plot holes and terrible CGI than blade 1... then he goes and makes this... :rolleyes:

Don't go and watch it anyway! RESIST! if people go and watch these things anyway it just encourages them to make more of them...

However, it has made me want to find the original novels...

Nice idea... needed tim burton.

:D

I am going to see BOTH LGX and POTC tonight, so tomorrow morning I will be able to give you my report on it. I think it'd look cool even without Sean Connery personally, but that's me. Adding Sean Connery makes it 10 times more cool looking though, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I'll go see POTC instead. Rhett gave it thumbs up, so that is good enough for me.

That movies already out? Gentlamn-blah-bobber is already out? I gotta get out from under my rock.... :disaprove

Anyways, I'm probably gonna go see POTC, mmm... Pirates. ^_^

She uuhhh.. used to be a man? ;)

It's such a mixed grab bag of a movie. Some parts or good, others are quite bad.

Some bad parts,

1. The villian. Terrible, terrible villain. I'm not talking about evilness, I just mean he sucked.

2. Hyde's transformations. Somewhat of a lame way to do it. :(

3. The story seemed somewhat sporadic. i mean, you knew what was going on but you didn't ever feel like you got as much info as you should have.

4. I wanted to see Hyde really cut loose.

5. Some lines in the movie such as, "Call me Ishmail" made me cringe. It was like they almost were making fun of themselves.

6. The Vampire/Bat attacks were just not very cool. I was hoping to see something slick like how Nightcrawler fought at the beginning of X2.

DAMN IT!!!

This looked good. But, say you were just someone who is easily amused by plenty of action, fighting, explosions and such, would it be a better experience for that person?

And secondly, has it been four weeks since Hulk came out? Maybe I'll just go see that instead.

Originally posted by Lightsaberboy

it's another comic book to movie adaptation that doesnt go really well from what i hear. just by reading the info on teh characters and plot, it seems that they changed a lot of things from the comics. first, they changed the leader from mina to allan quartermaine, and gave mina vampiric powers even though she didnt have them before. and why they put tom sawyer...i have no idea. he's not even in the comics, so they probably did it just for the american audience.

I had no idea this was a comic. I thought this was just a bunch of literary characters that had been brought together to do some stuff. :D

I doubt that the comic could be less lame than the movie, though.

Here it is, the review of ME!!!

Not so much a review, as just how I felt about it. I liked it! A Lot! I thought it was clever, interesting, entertaining, and overall, a good movie.

NOT as good as Pirates of the caribbean, but that movie is tough to beat I'd say, it was deffinately the better of the two.

If you're willing to spend the money to see both, see LXG, if not, see PotC

The Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen was an ok movie. It didnt leave me feeling "THAT WAS SO TOTALLY FICKING GREAT!!!" but it didnt give me feeling "I think I need something sharp to gouge my ears from ever being violated like that again."

The story was cliche,hell the whole movie was pretty much Cliche. And I actually liked how they did the transformation on Hyde(I never really liked detailed transformations,since you cant really capture the effect on film(like the hulk transforms were poorly done).

I give it an 85%,personally.

Archived