Home

The Grim Fandango Network: v5.0

Thrik

It's been a while, but the Grim Fandango Network has finally returned! As you know this is the site's 5th birthday. What better time to relaunch with the 5th design than now? :)

It's not all quite complete yet, throughout the next few days we will be working hard to finish up the site. However, there is some nice reading material plus the Grim Fandango soundtrack CD up for grabs (downloadable) on there So what are you waiting for? Go and enjoy it. :D

The design is fantastic, I love the concept. Now the forums need to match it, right Thrik ;

The random polaroids in the top right, the paper clipped scraps of paper and the staples are just stylish. I demand more little touches, such as coffee stains and little doodles, although they may just confuse people.

If I were Randy Sluganski, I'd give it a C+

Actually, nobody'll probably understand that.

Best design yet.

More details would be nice, I'm sure Metallus will look into it when he has some spare time.

As for the forums, don't worry - I'm going to be redesigning them over the next few days. Of course, if I do you all must visit more! :p

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. I'm back online now after missing the launch date for boring but necessary reasons :~

Remi- Okay, okay, you win. Sections are on the clipped note now, and the subpages will be displayed below it.

Gabez- I made the links in the menu slightly darker, does it make a difference?

scabb- You know, I hate it when you're right. I should have put some sort of food/coffee/alcohol/cig stains. I was a bit concerned since the coffee stain is one of Jake's trademarks, and I doubt I could do it very well. If you see a good example somewhere of a cigarette burn or something, send it my way and I'll see what I can do.

Blondebeard- Darkened the text on the bottom, you bastard :).

Edges like the MI forum wouldn't be suitable in my opinion. The look is supposed to be a used office document, not an old-fashioned torn up piece of paper.

Markings would work well, but torn paper and such would be a bad idea.

Hell yeah this D.O.D filing design is cool! But yeah, battered paper would look bad. Also, I'm glad that it looks more colourful and light than the inky darkness of the previous one, even though I am partial to a bit of darkness.

Archived