Home

All Newbies Welcome

griff38

I have really gotten tired of all the new player bashing and smashing people who play for fun (rpg) instead of ownage that goes on in this forum.

So much so I decided to find a new JK forum to hang out in.

But after several weeks of visiting other FPS JK specific forums I realize this is still the FRIENDLIEST forum out there. By Far!

So Iam gonna stay and try to make things better for everybody, not just ego masterbating ownage masters.

Not going anywhere for awhile.

Steve. (aka griff)

Example of a TWL thread:

New Poster: Hi. I just got the game and stumbled onto this forum, just to see what the league scene was like. I was curious, what are some of the movement techniques in JK2?

TWL Regular #1: Go die.

TWL Regular #2: Go away saber n00b

TWL Regular #3: WTF, why are you here newbie?

TWL Regular #4: go kill yourself now fag

TWL Regular #5: STFU #4 you are the biggest newb here

TWL Regular #4: Omg...look who's talking #5 you are the joke of the whole community

TWL Regular #5: uh...this comming from someone who didn't even know how to strafe jump until 1.04?? LOLOLOLOL sit down n00b

TWL Regular #4: Maybe I should post those screenshots of me beating you 10-2

Ok, from this a 5 page flame war ensues that has nothing to do with the original topic ,where basically people take turns calling someone a fag and/or newbie

there is nothing wrong with newbies. there is nothing wrong with people who actually try to RPG.

its the fags who force it on everyone else to do so, and turn the servers into who can be the most honourable fag in the galaxy, or who is the best abuser of admin powers.

and kynes, don't you think that is a hippie love fest compared to TWL, even tho that is an example?

i mean geez, that is like G compared to what goes on, which would be uhm worse than NC-17.

You are right Rumor.

I just want to help out kids who want to play buy are too young to handle the abusive insulting that can occur from competitive gaming.

Plus I like pullin Trolls out of their caves and watchin them squirm in the light.

Originally posted by Jeff 42

LOL, griff posted a thread on TWL. Are you trying to see how bad you can get flamed? :p

LOL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't imagine a better place to get some flames.

And that poor guy desnipa, you got to give him credit. I have never seen somebody so comitted to be hated.

Nutri outed him so bad over at ownage that I really feel bad for him now.

Originally posted by Jeff 42

Hehe, maybe everyone will just flame DeSnipa as usual and griff will remain relatively unscathed.

He he hope not. :p

Nice to know we n00bs are welcome somewhere. While I am at it I might as well ask you veterans for some advice, (I only play SP) I haven't downloaded any of the patches, I've heard a lot of negative responses concerning them, should I bother with them?

Also, I've reached the latter levels of the game and I am having trouble defeating multiple reborn/shadowtroopers at once. I often retreat to attempt to get them seperated, and then deal with them using Speed + Red style. Or I'll push them whenever I can in the hopes of some falling over, giving me time to deal with the remaining dark jedi who are still standing. I avoid trying to parry blows, insteading dodging in and out of their range, and slashing at them with horizontal strikes after they leave themselves exposed from a missed attack. I use the DFAs when the time is right as well. Are their any integral techniques I am missing? Any highly successful moves or something? Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by B_dF

You have to admit, some pretty creative flaming can be found at twl among the "fag" fest. But, "fag" is a fagtastic word; it's the universal on-line insult. You can't go wrong with "fag." Fag. FAG.

Yes I admit it. Creative flamming is an art. So there alot of Art Fags in TWL.

2 types of newb players

1st omg how did you do that (i dont mind these as all they want to do is learn how to play

2ed omg you fag. your a hacking cheat, you got a kick cheat..no way blahhh blahhh blahhhh.

SEE the diffrence!

but i must say some noobs start as no1 but going to the wrong forums/servers turn into no2

• 3 months later...

Archived