Home

WHich Force power?

griff38

Yes, well I dont' remember seeing a blue glow about yodas hand as he lifted the x-wing, nor a red glow around vaders hand and the poor admirals neck as he was choked.

The only reason they threw these in is for eye candy so that people who like to look at pretty glowing things will buy their game.

I find it intersting that they would put up a screenshot that is so confusing. There are a lot of interpretations of what's going on, but nothing I've heard is very satisfying yet. It doesn't look like a saber or a saber trail - and there's the big glow around the players hand - but the animation isn't what pull looked like in JO (maybe it's new - but it's kind of strange looking). It almost looks like the character has taken a swing at something. The question is - once we've played the game will the screenshot be any clearer?

Originally posted by Tarus

Yes, well I dont' remember seeing a blue glow about yodas hand as he lifted the x-wing, nor a red glow around vaders hand and the poor admirals neck as he was choked.

The only reason they threw these in is for eye candy so that people who like to look at pretty glowing things will buy their game.

;) Ooooohhhhhh ..... bluuuueeeeee .....

Seriously, though ... it is eye cansy, but it provides some feedback of what is going on, and I actually like that - things in the game are not exactly movie-like, nor should they be ... this is an action game, so I like the push/pull effects, and the visual warping of speed. I like the look of grip, with the red effect, and on one of my playthroughs I'll do the dark side and see what it looks like in action ....

Mike

Originally posted by Reprehence

I find it intersting that they would put up a screenshot that is so confusing. There are a lot of interpretations of what's going on, but nothing I've heard is very satisfying yet. It doesn't look like a saber or a saber trail - and there's the big glow around the players hand - but the animation isn't what pull looked like in JO (maybe it's new - but it's kind of strange looking). It almost looks like the character has taken a swing at something. The question is - once we've played the game will the screenshot be any clearer?

Reprehence, on the big glow around his hand...thats his saber buddy. its possible it just returned from being thrown, cause they seem to glow brighter then (might also be why the enemy is jumping). viewed from below, all that you see of the saber is the glow which is normally not very bright because its spread across the entire blade, but from the bottom its a lot more concentrated, therefore brighter.

I just don't understand WHAT the big deal is

It's obviously a new lightsaber attack, and at the exact moment the screenshot was taken, the lightsaber was pointed COMPLETELY straight, and you can obviously see the lightsaber trail following the blade.

The Reborn is simply jumping toward the jedi.

My guess is that's a spinning move with the dual sabers... His other arm is stretched, and I think he's holding another lightsaber in that hand. So he's just doing an ordinary spinning move... well that's what I think :)

No force destruction, no odd pull effect, no saber throw, just a normal spin :)

Archived