Home

Name contest

Wraith 8

People

IMERGENCY!. we need a NEW PA name... as of.. welll RIGHT NOW!

this thread has to be a brainstorm of names.

OK...... whats allowed...

It has to be a name that isnt just combat or crafting.,.. it has to be about us all.

The Associates was a PERFECT name...... but unfortunatly....

NO funny names

BE serious

NO star Trek (it will haunt us if we do)

LOTR maybe

Give us some good names....

alright. we have till sunday.... the thread will be closed... names gathered..... and a poll will go up for the new name

Yes the party has been posponed. Meeting at 5 PM est at the hall loacation.. in game mail will be send.

My idiotic suggestion is:

SEMPER PARATUS (our slogan)

Let's see here, today my "Name change anyone?" thread becomes 8 days old. I was the one that knew we needed a new name, but NOOO does anyone listen to the most capable to lead, but doesn't, no.

Sorry, Corzip, this is old news, but don't worry, because this has been brought to the attention of the PA prior to this posting, we already have some names generated.

Sunshine, remember, stay away from terms that imply "New", taking over, freedom. We are a neutral PA....blah, blah, blah, just read the post in my response to your post in my other thread.

Anyway, we need something generic that encompasses, all of our groups, or your could just read my response to Sunshine's post in my thread, "Name change anyone?"

I searched the thesauraus on dictionary.com for synonyms to Associates. None of them work too well, but just some ideas.

assembly, associates, bunch, cabal, camarilla, camp, clan, class, clique, club, companions, company, comrades, coterie, crew, cronies, crowd, crush, fellowship, fraternity, friends, gang, in-group, insiders, intimates, lot, mafia, mob, outfit, party, ring, school, set, society

We are avoiding "of something" Jek. And United Associates and Associates united has NOTHING to do with taking up arms agains ANYONE. That would lead me to believe that United Artists Theatres has SOMETHING to do with taking up arms against terrorists or some such nonsense.

United: 1. to put or join together so as to make one; combine 2. to bring or come together in common cause, acion, etc.

Associate: Vb 1. to connect, combine, join 2. to bring into relationship as partner 3. to connect in the mind, to unite or join as a partner, friend, etc. N 1. a partner, colleague, friend, etc. 2. anything joined with another Adj 1. united by the same interests, purposes, etc.

Where in that do you get the impression that United Associates or Associates United has to do with taking over or fighting the Empire?

It simply means we are a group of people with common interests coming together for a common cause: to co-exist peacefully with each other and enjoy the game along with providing support to one another and being friends.

United Associates sums us up as a whole, without implying war or rebellion.

And Freedom implies that the people of the PA are free, in that they are not bound by the Empire OR the Rebel Alliance. We are free OF the Rebellion to do as we wish, and thusly, are nuetral and able to explore our own interests and still manage support from the PA. Free, as in: We, the people of the PA, rule the PA, and govern the decisions of the PA, not that we are war mongers and bloodthirsty mercenaries for the Empire or Rebel Alliacne.

I like the word Comrade. Some argued that it sounded too USSR...? I don't think that's right at all =P. Let's look at the description of Comrade from Dictionary.com...

1. A person who shares one's interests or activities; a friend or companion.

2. often Comrade A fellow member of a group, especially a fellow member of the Communist Party.

To me, that sums it all up. A comrade is somebody who is a close friend, somebody you can trust. Now, if worried about the whole Communism thing, don't worry, it's not evil =P.

Communism

A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.

Isn't that why we're grouped in the first place? To all help each other out?

Personally I like the word Comrade. I don't know how the PA name would go, but I think Comrade would make a good addition to it.

My 2 and 1/3 credits.

I've been busy doing Europe, Sunshine. That, and preparing my move (I'm moving the 26th). Oh, and yes, the forums became quite... frustrating to read after release, because it's all about discussions about something I have no references to. Like a Trekkie watching Sex And The City. However, I'll try to post now and then. Can't let you get away that easily, can I? ;)

Archived