Home

Gone GOLD - release on 17 Sept 2003

Gabrobot

[Mr Burns]Exxcccelllente[/Mr Burns]

Still not quite as hyped for this as Half Life 2 :p It'll be out for 2 weeks, then most people will forget it in the wake of HL2. If it's gone gold, they should get it out ASAP. September is a suicidal month to release a game this year.

Originally posted by Mut12

What does it mean when a game has gone gold? coz i always see it and never know what it means

It means that the game is finished and Lucasarts is now reproducing enough copies of the game for the release day.

Woohoo!

Then again, I'm kinda sad that they didn't continue working a little longer to perfect the game before release. Buuut.. I don't know their schedules or how they are working at crunch time, so I'm sure they did what they thought was best.

Can't wait!

Originally posted by boinga1

huh. It doesn't even get a lucasarts.com headline? What's up with that. :D

And yes, even bettwer, now it's three days after my birthday, and in the middle of the week. I tell, you, it's personal. They're out to get me. :rolleyes:

i did warn you.... ;)

Originally posted by Reprehence

I saw this on the site too. I wonder what they are holding it for?? It usually only takes a week or two from the time something goes gold until it surfaces at stores (not a whole month).

Maybe they have other things to finish up, like the manual or something :confused:

Originally posted by

Preorder gift - Licence plate frame

UNLEASH YOUR INNER NERD! STICK THIS BABY ON YOUR 1984 HONDA CIVIC AND PREPARE TO BE EGGED AND TAUNTED!

That would look funky on my 2002 VW Jetta. And since I work at a but hi-tech company, I would be hailed as the uber-nerd! All would bow before me1 I would be looking su-weet driving down the freeway with that pumping toons by Public Enemy :D

Oh no wait...that would suck (except the Public Enemy part). :)

Prime...you could well be right about the manuals and stuff...

Also, I don't know how quickly they pump out these CD's, but maybe they are aiming for a larger number of games being available on release, possibly based on sales figures for Jedi Outcast.

Also...they might be aiming for simultaneous releases in different countries, which obviously takes more coordination, and holding back in some countries.

Anyway, it's not that long to wait. Just another month, and we'll be able to judge if the wait was worthwhile. :)

Archived