Home

Looking For A Good Anime To Watch ???

Tesla

Originally posted by Tesla

I'm looking for a good anime to watch that i could hopefully really like, what are your recomendations ?

Oh and include a link so i can check out a fan-site or something else :)

And no Pokemon :mad:

Dragon Ball/Z/GT

Boogie Pop Phantom

Trigun

InuYasha

...yea thats about it.

um..Spirited Away, Evangelion( makes your head hurt from thinking though), Cowboy Bebop (gets real...reeeeel boring on some episodes)

Has anybody noticed that most Anime DVDs are ridiculously expensive! At Best Buy one Bebop DVD is about 35 dollars! When the latest movie on DVD is never more than 25...I dont get it. Blasted Japanese people.

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

that statement is an oxymoron

there are no good Animes.

want proof I just bought the Animatrix

wow what a collosal waste of time and money

that was.

Hmm, you seemed to change your mind halfway through your other thread =P Of course there are good animes, it's just based on personal opinion whether you like 'em or not. Here's a few good ones I like:

Cowboy Bebop

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Love Hina

Love Hina Again

DNAngel

Gravitation

Rurouni Kenshin - (Don't watch it in English. The freaking people always cut out the swearing and blood. Also in English they always miss-pronounce the Japanese names. I recommend you watch it in Japanese... With English subtitles of course, unless you can understand Japanese fluently)

Ninja Scroll

Full Metal Panic!

Kiddy Grade

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (That's a movie)

For all of you anime needs you should go to anipike

AnimeNfo

anime dominion

a good source of anime pics

i liked trigun. but it isn't the world's best animation (nice design though) and it seems horribly rushed at the end. :(

Neon Genesis Evangelion is good enough to trancend the genre.

Chobits is pretty fun.

Animatrix isn't really anime.... more a collection of animated shorts.

My opinion, so shut up with the comments:

For laughs: Ranma 1/2(most hilarious show ever!)

For fantasy/adventure or Action: Groove Adventure Rave(Favourite anime!)

For sci-fi/mech fans: Vandread & Vandread the Second Stage

For fighting, historical, action, etc: Rurouni Kenshin(Some fights take ages, though)

Hellsing.

Hellsing has one of the best OSTs I've ever heard.. mmm. I could it eat it's so delicious. The action is pretty cool, and it's fairly dark...

And when watching Anime.. I always suggest watching Japanese version with subtitles... English dubs are always kinda.. bleh =/ I think Trigun really loses something (What, I don't know) between the subtitled version and the one that airs on Cartoon Network..

You're not supposed to get the plot of FLCL, because I don't think there is one to be gotten. :p

Do not go near anything that's even remotely related to Dragonball Z. It's crap. Up there with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Now, the stuff you wanna check out would be:

Full Metal Panic! - Funny as hell, with tons of mecha action to boot.

Gundam - Anything Gundam. You can't go wrong with Gundam.

Lupin III - One of the classics of anime. Excellent cast and plot.

Onegai Teacher - One of the better romance-comedies out there. Beautiful animation and music. And there's a much-anticipated sequel series coming out soon!

Noir - Darker anime, one with a very human feel to it. It starts off slow, but if you're patient, you'll be well rewarded.

I totally agree with all of those Rogue Nine. Noir has some pretty cool fight scenes and Full Metal Panic! is one of my personal favorites. The pink haired teacher in Onegai Teacher is Mizuho Kazami. You'll NEED to know that ;).

The sequel series to Onegai Teacher is called Onegai Twins. I'd put a little about the plot and stuff, but I can't find the little "spoiler" tags...

No, you're just lazy:p

Anyways, there is no point to flcl, I already said they just made it as a venting point kind of, and as a humor thing, and it became a cult classic i guess.

DBZ/GT, I watch the unedited version, and that makes it one Helluva lot better, IMO. I don't care what others think.

Archived