Home

I need to get something off my chest.

Sherack Nhar

Some of you will be deeply disappointed, others (probably very few of you) will actually support me, or even cheer for me for making a thread about it *looks at Rhett for support* This is a very important issue... I hope you understand, so brace yourselves.

Super Mario Bros.: The Movie.

I LIKE IT.

In fact, I love it :o Why is everybody bashing this movie? It was mad fun. I still have the VHS (french dub; need to get around to watching the english version), and I still watch it sometimes. It's so entertaining! Whenever you're not laughing at the jokes, you're laughing at the campiness and how ridiculous the movie is!

Yes yes I know, it doesn't really look like the game it was based on, at least on a surface level. But if you look hard enough, there were quite a few similarities with the license. Namely, the storyline... "King Koopa" captures the princess and tries to invade other worlds, and the Mario brothers are the only two people who can stop him.

I thought the characters were spot-on. The chemistry between Hoskins and Leguizamo is simply amazing! You'd really believe they are brothers. Daisy is the usual princess in distress, with enough of a brain for us to respect her. Dennis Hopper makes a very effective campy villain! He's deliciously evil in his role, even though the original character is supposed to be a huge lizard.

The movie is wacky, just like the game but in a different way that works better as a feature film. I don't like it when people complain that it didn't ressemble the games enough. Come on! I don't think a movie about a fat italian plumber literally jumping on turtles in a mushroom kingdom in order to defeat a giant lizard would work very well as a live-action movie.

...Or maybe they should have had a giant gorilla throw barrels at him?

You're not alone, Phil!

*Rips off his shirt revealing yet another shirt reading, "I *heart* Super Mario Bros.: The Movie"*

Sure the script wasn't written in a fit of passion and genius and there was some things that I didn't care for, like how Koopa dies at the end but as a whole, I remember enjoying myself! Plus, Samantha Mathis is a total hottie in it. :thumbsup:

ROTFL

No really sherack...you are alone. I guess the french dub people must have done an amazing job perking up the movie, because it just makes me wince and only occasionally does it bring forth a laugh. If it was done in Mystery Science Theater 3000 then I could see it being hilarious...but no.

I vaguely remember it.

it was on T.V one sunday afternoon and i was bored.

if i remember correctly i thought it was better than i expected.

now i want to get something off my chest...

*takes off bra*

ahhh thats better

:D

Archived