Home

ridiculously large cover scans etc

SpiffyTheDog

I've got a ridiculously large scan of the coverart of Monkey Island 2, without any letters or added taglines or anything.

I also have a ridiculously large version of the Grim Fandango concept art, (the Rubacava one) and the Maniac Mansion Edison painting.

I just don't know where to upload. The files are like 90 MB in size uncompressed. :D

I've got the Monkey Island 2 and Grim Fandango one hanging in my room! ^^

Any news on those files? Could you share them with us?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news on those files? Could you share them with us?

Mmh... maybe he was just kidding? By the way, a few weeks ago I've mailed Steve Purcell regarding logo-less versions of the two MI-front-artworks, and he said, that he did both of them WITH the "Monkey Island" title (or at least they were never printed without them... he wasn't entirely clear about that). So if somebody has those without the complete titling (the taglines were of course added in later), it's just a retouch, like the one that once appeared at the ScummBar.

I do really have these paintings.

I just have a really slow internet connection and I'm a very busy man.

I will see what I can do when I get some time.

In the meantime I'll just give you a quick tease:

[image]

This is so cool! I just sent you a PM. Maybe I can help to get the files online.

Oh yeah, and allso

Grim Fandango

Loom

Sam'n'Max

I know, i'm pushy... damn me to hell :smash:

Hope it's possible

Of course it's possible to damn you to hell:

damnyou-small.JPG

Regarding the covers... I'm not really planning on continuing right now... first thing would be adding stuff to LucasArts Soundtracks, and even that has to wait right now, since my real life is still busy as hell (so I'll join you there, I guess).

@Lagomorph01:

Now come on, give us some details. What are the sources of these (image-wise, not download-wise)? I guess they are insanely upscaled to be printed at that size, right? The "Sam & Max"-poster on the left is a scan from "Surfing the Highway", so I guess it was de-screened and upscaled as well... c'moooooooon!!!

Of course it's possible to damn you to hell:

damnyou-small.JPG

Regarding the covers... I'm not really planning on continuing right now... first thing would be adding stuff to LucasArts Soundtracks, and even that has to wait right now, since my real life is still busy as hell (so I'll join you there, I guess).

@Lagomorph01:

Now come on, give us some details. What are the sources of these (image-wise, not download-wise)? I guess they are insanely upscaled to be printed at that size, right? The "Sam & Max"-poster on the left is a scan from "Surfing the Highway", so I guess it was de-screened and upscaled as well... c'moooooooon!!!

shame :edeaths::) well, i'll be hoping then, because they're simply just great! ... thanks

@Lagomorph01:

The "Sam and Max" poster, is not a poster at all. It's a painting.

A friend made it for me for my birthday.

Anyway, the source of the MI2 poster is from the original painting, I think Steve Purcell has it hanging in his house, just like the Edisons one.

The source of the Grim Fandango poster is the piece of concept art drawn, in I think it's charcoal, by Peter Chan.

None of these had any logo's or anything in the first place, so none of it is "redrawn" in photoshop.

Jona, I'm going to contact you regarding the hosting space when I get the files on CD from Lagomorph01. Don't hold your breath until then, though. Lagomorph01 said he'll see what he can do, and he's still trying to perfect the colors of the MI2 one because the print looks really pale in broad daylight.

Archived