Home

Do you ever get bored of JA

Crow_Nest

Do you get bored of JA?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get bored of JA?

• Yes, i've been playing KOTOR non-stop!!!
    • No way! JA rocks my life!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent' really played SP in months. Originally I played MP for awhile, then finally got around to playing SP and made it through the game on medium difficulty. I then proceeded to try the "dark side" part but got sidetracked because dismemberment stopped working and it didn't have the same "magic."

So I've gone back to MP. Lately I've been playing a lot of Siege and vehicle-based combat (Asteroids testing and now Destroyer since it's out).

I don't always have time to play but I'm either doing that or running my server.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

JA has been out for a few months now, and im not surprised to see people start quiting! :D

For me... Um, nopes. Im still playing JA like theres no tomorrow. :p

What about you?

Lol, most of the ppl have quit a few months ago already.

I played JA 3.5 times through on SP, and some MP before KotOR came out.

Then (Nov 19th) I didn't play until ~ 2 weeks ago. KotOR 3x, XIII, NWN:HotU, BG2, and some other stuff ...

But now I'm playing through SP again ... and it is great.

There's a reason it's my second fave game ever!

Mike

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

JKA used to be boring for me. But now, it's become fun and interesting ever since I switched to the 'lamer' side. :p The response from whiners never fails to make me laugh.

LMAO, all the way :D

No better way to gain enjoyment than to seize it from the sufferings of others. Evil, but it works for me ;)

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

JKA used to be boring for me. But now, it's become fun and interesting ever since I switched to the 'lamer' side. :p The response from whiners never fails to make me laugh.

Im totally againts lamers and chat-killers :D

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Im totally againts lamers and chat-killers :D

Dont Chat and you will not be Chat-killed.

Lamers we are back to the old JO thing... What is a Lamer... well a Lamer is some one that cheats.

some one that kills you becuse they are better than you is not a Lamer.

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

Lamers we are back to the old JO thing... What is a Lamer... well a Lamer is some one that cheats.

some one that kills you becuse they are better than you is not a Lamer.

Well it wasnt orginally from jk2, it started back in the good old JK days :)

As for the topic, im surprised to see that most of us are still playing and not bored of JA :p

I think that variety is the key. If you hang out playing only one game - whatever that is - you are bound to get bored. It is not the game's fault. That is life. I've played JKII SP >20x through, and could have another go-through without finding it boring. But only at first I played it 5x before touching another game - then I'd play JKII, then SoFII, then MoHAA, and whatever ...

Mike

since the release of the new siege map and asteroids soon i'm getting back into the game again, i stopped playing it for a long time since ppl just seem to piss me off every time in siege (2vs12 is not an even team..) i played SP about 3, 4 times i think..its a good game. I play a lot of different games from time to time but the jediknight series always remained

I'm not bored of it at all, but I don't play it constantly. I play it for a bit and then go onto something else (like KOTOR, or even X-Wing Alliance). But eventually I come back to in and play it some more. Taking breaks from it now and then keeps it from getting boring for me...

I play JKO JKA if i am in a Starwars type of mood. Vietcong if i am in a mad rush type of mood. and also getting battlefield 1942 soon and going to play desert combat as well. just depends what game i played to much/to little that i chose.

got to say JA is the least i play

I just got my new video card installed (GeForce FX 5700) and I played some SP JA last night with all the settings jacked and dynamic lighting on. The lightsabers look awesome with dynamic lighting. Straight out of the movies. KOTOR looks great now too.

I'm so excited! :)

It is possible to not play JA and not have KotoR you know Crow! :) It is amazing though just how many people seem to have stopped playing JA to go to KotoR, its a big trend alright.

I don't know why the MP has never really taken off for me, Siege is OK but I find the maps rather limiting, and I get really fed up of the hit detection for saber combat in MP. In the end, it just doesn't stand a chance when compared to Counter Strike or TFC. I have an amazing connection here, I expect to get a semi-decent ping when I play yet I never seem to in JA.

SP is great, and I am bound to play as many SP maps as possible as and when each appears :) The vehicular mods Destroyer and Asteroids are very exciting and I have enjoyed Destroyer greatly!

Congrats Prime! :cool:

Originally posted by Prime

I'm so excited! :)

The sad thing - at least for me - is how quickly you can get spoiled with your new hardware. I have a top of the line Powerbook and a (until a month ago) top of the line Dell laptop, with beautiful performance on my games ... but I don't even think about it anymore.

Next year, new games, new hardware, rinse and repeat.

Mike

You are all not having fun because you all suck, because you are the noobs that get pwned too much, get frustrated and leave to play other games.

The only video game i play is JA (well and Day of Defeat sometimes) and thats why i am the best.

The noobs that leave to KOTOR or galaxies are the people that played JA cause of its katas, tauntauns, x wings, that kind of stuff, and of course SP. Thats the way they had fun.

The ones that stay with JA, not necesarily the ones that play it now and then and like it, but the ones that will play it like JO, are players interested in saber fights, in been the best, and have fun when they prove that, when they own other players.

It is that simple.

Archived