Home

If Lucasarts announced an MI5...

Brushguy

If Lucasarts released a new adventure game, your reaction?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If Lucasarts released a new adventure game, your reaction?

• I would forgive Lucasarts in a heartbeat and buy it full price.
    • I'd have mixed feelings, along the lines of, "It's not the same as Sam and Max. :( "
    • If it looked promising, I may look at it, but I still hate Lucasarts!
    • I wouldn't buy it and I would continue boycotting Lucasarts.
    • Who cares, they're gonna cancel it 5 days before it releases anyway.

I'd give them five months before cancellation. if all goes ahead for about a year, I may get a little excited, but not much.

they will of course cancel it because they want to make money, not good games, that's not the point of the company.

I would lick boot bottoms for Maniac Mansion 3.

I breifly misread that and was shocked by your dedication!

Hmm. If the adventure game market has become so stagnant, maybe Shafer could buy the rights to MM and make DOTT2? Maybe Ron Gilbert could finally make HIS version of MI3! Wowza!

Of course, I doubt it though: that might make the fans happy.

If Monkey Island 5 is developed by Lucasarts, it will no doubt be along the (awful) lines of Escape from Monkey Island, but it would probably be an XBox-exclusive Carribean-based first-person shooter with lives and weapons powerups and tie into some Star Wars MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game)

Basically, at this point I wouldn't bother - Or at least not for several years when I could buy it on eBay for $4.99...

Oh, how cynical I have become lately...

- AMBP

> Stop calling a third MM game DOTT 2! I don't care how different MM and DOTT are...a third installment will still be MM3!

Let's recap another series of LucasArts games;

Dark Forces

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outacst

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Originally posted by Alien426

You mean "Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy"?

No, you mean:

"Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy"

I'd wait till it goes gold and we learn more to decide wether or not I have faith.

hey i played that new game FarCry the other day and man, that looked awesome! In fact there's this level with an island and lotsa trees and jungle stuff. They should make MI5 like that! Of course not like an FPS but they could use that engine add a third person mode and hooray you have a perfectly atmospheric Munkie Islont.

a64-farcry-300x262.jpg

farcry_001.jpg

of course if you think ive already been brainwashed by modern gaming because i suggest an fps engine for a classic adventure game series, then i appologize and can only think it wasn't my fault :( blame canada

Archived