Home

svösh's work in progress

svösh

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lulz yes! The time honored saying! When it's done! BTW what has SV been doing all this time? (Just wonderin)

Page 8, post #317.

A big part of my hiatus was to due with my ever declining health. But enough about that back to modding.

After my last post in this tread I made some drastic edits to a variation of my project Y and it just didn't interest me much anymore, becoming a headache more then anything. However I think enough time has passed to get back to it or one of the variations I had of it. I just don't have TSL installed at the moment so I'm concentrating on some very old Kotor mods I had getting really really dusty.

This is marls new double sword it sure beats my old spade shaped design i think. what do you think Mav ? Not remotely like a shovel right :p

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
?iid=yuocvb&outx=980&quality=70

If anything on the internet has ever made me come close to crying, it is this. I'm just so happy to see you around svösh, forget the mods, I'm just hoping that you showing up again means you're doing well, because it sure is nice to see my mentor back and kicking again. Granted not enough to force me to re-learn how to model... yet ;). As far as the double sword goes, you already know I think it is fantastic, so there's no point in asking me. But I know what you mean about unfinished projects I have quite a bit of those myself.

For those of you who suffer from the unfortunate circumstances of not seeing svösh back in the old days of modding. You really just need to know 2 things.

1. You will never be disappointed.

2. Alt(hold)+0+2+4+6 = ö

Thanks TK we love man :) without you and Fred and Chuck we would be nothing.

Well I'm back from the dead...

So first I owe you folks an apology, for not fishing up old mods . Some I have scrapped entirely some I plan to finish. I will also try to make sure the mod's I release don't need a fix up, because I forgot something or overlooked something.

A big part of my hiatus was to due with my ever declining health. But enough about that back to modding.

After my last post in this tread I made some drastic edits to a variation of my project Y and it just didn't interest me much anymore, becoming a headache more then anything. However I think enough time has passed to get back to it or one of the variations I had of it. I just don't have TSL installed at the moment so I'm concentrating on some very old Kotor mods I had getting really really dusty.

First up

This is marls new double sword it sure beats my old spade shaped design i think. what do you think Mav ? Not remotely like a shovel right :p

For comparison here is the old design http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p7616304.html

it's 988 faces in total so not too bad on tri count

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53293979.html

This is the fist of many more to be completed and released, not releasing numbers of my mods has been weighing on me a lot recently so I though I should fallow up on that and get them out there.

svösh

svösh, you don't owe us a thing. The most important thing in life is your health. I hope and pray that what ever health problem you have can be fixed. :heart3::smilehug:

The second swords looks :drool1:tastic

:drop2::bow:

Many of you have been wondering where I went off too for this time, So I'll tell you. I feel I owe people a glimpse in to my life a lot of people got excited at my wips that I unfortunately never competed or released but thats why I'm back now to finish what I started.

I've been Fighting. Everyday is a battle with myself. You see I have severe arthritis and not like a little pain in my finger.

It started at 15 years old a skateboarding accident gone bad switch ollie over a flight of stairs I landed badly on my back trucks on two wheels, my ankle gave way and I tore both ligaments. After orthiscopic surgery I had a permanently inflamed ankle. Shortly after I developed bad circulation in my hands and feet and later was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis unfortunitly an incurable disease.

My spine is fusing and has half fused already, I can hardly move my neck more then 5 deg in any direction, and to say it's excruciating is to put it lightly. I now walk with a cane and not very fast, the pills i've been on for 16 years have messed with my concentration, pain killers and anti -inflammatory s are no fun when you develop ulcers from them. Since it's in my spine it effects every joint attached to them so basically my whole body. My hips are shot and my rumatoligist was discussing hip replacement last time I saw him, i'm only 31 so um no thanks.

But now that thats out of the way I'm happy to be back and I plan on finishing up old mods first and in a timely manor, then on to my more recent ones. And Thanks for the warm welcome folks it's been quite awhile.

For marls blade I had made the alpha channel much like I did on vash's hilt for the USM, the rust spots and dots have no shader effect. The red orange design was made in illustrator and pops pretty well in my opinion, but I'm toying with separating the mesh there to add an aroura trimesh glow to it like I did on twitch's blaster's. But will see once I test it in game I only just reinstalled k1 today so I need to at least get 10 feet in on the spire to begin testing models

It's great to see a lot of old faces here like back when Coruscant was a small town with a well ;)

svösh

Thats part of the fun of modding though, trying different concepts. originally i had a blue version of this blade the grip was blue and so was the bright design work I still have those layers in my .psd i'll do a render of it see what people like best later on, but i believe you asked for mesh so here you go

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53296760.html

the tri count is higher then i wanted but still not bad I did optimize a fair bit across the top of the face of the blades, I used edge sub division to model most of the blade as it lent it self to triangles more then polys plus multiplying the mesh to create the other end always makes that tri counter jump same with dbl sabers. I didn't compromise the models shape to over optimize it as I wanted it to be pretty smooth across the edge and not jagged with two few verts. Plus having an area to separate cleanly if * For glow effect makes it go much more better so im not cutting new edges to add to it's count.

svösh

Master svösh! :emodanc: [/hugs][/high fives][/happy dance]

Man, it's good to see you back! And you brought toys! hehehe.. :bow:

I guess I have to get 3dsmax re-installed now huh? ;)

svösh' date=' you don't owe us a thing. The most important thing in life is your health[/quote']

Indeed. Your health always comes first... but man it's just good to see you around. I missed ya bro! :D

Thanks a lot folks :) but I'm just a guy who can't leave game files alone.

You betcha ChAiNz, man get cracking :p

@Mav and all the old familiar faces it's great to see you , like old times eh ;)

So here is the blue variation of the blade I also zoomed in to the cross-guard to show some minor detail. it's identical on the orange / red version but has yellow jem's instead of blue ones as shown. 4 around it's base on each end. Extruded, and beveled, added to my total tri count too but I wanted some sort of detail there. I had a max scene with it in ed-poly and it had a poly count of 523 once converted to ed-mesh it was 988 tri's.

I thought since Ice's swords have blues in them that Marl's should be a different tone but I'd like to know what you people like best.

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53304543.html

svösh

Welcome back svösh!

Eek, seems like all the old hands are popping back up recently!

First Gsccc, then ChAiNz, now you! :lol:

Your sword looks amazing. The model itself looks very nicely done and the texture looks very professional.

Hope to see more from you, and hope you've recovered well from whatever ailment it was that befell you. :)

For those of you who suffer from the unfortunate circumstances of not seeing svösh back in the old days of modding. You really just need to know 2 things.

1. You will never be disappointed.

2. Alt(hold)+0+2+4+6 = ö

Who doesn't know of svösh's work?

Luckily I'm one of the few that were actually around back then.

As for your blade? I like the red better than the blue, tbh.

But, as always, it looks great either way.

_EW_

I thought since Ice's swords have blues in them that Marl's should be a different tone but I'd like to know what you people like best.

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53304543.html

svösh

More perfection! Personally, I would like to have a red one for Marl, and a blue one for Ice. Then, the Marl/Ice cage match* I always wanted to make could be really good!:D

If I had to pick between the two, I would go for the red one.

*Strictly for my personal use.

Archived