Home

Blade: Trinity trailer on online

Sivy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't watc the trailer till later.. but i'd think the chances of this being a classic are pretty small.

I liked the first one a lot, the second one nearly sucked, and the third one is being directed by the writer who hasn't really directed anything before. Not a great sign.

Goyer is a cool writer, at least as far as ideas and style go, but he does tend to forget about little things like plot holes, logic and continuity at some points. We'll see how he does as a director i guess...

By complete cooincidence i rewatched the second one yesterday. It didn't seem quite as silly the second time around, the flaws didn't stand out as much on the small screen. Still not as clever as the original though.

Sipes/Blade always seems a bit in danger of following the Casey Riback (beck? - segal) route of never ever looking like he is going to loose or even really break a sweat dealing with the bad guys. This makes it a bit hard to feel for him. He doesn't really seem to make use of his unique advantages either. oh well.

Has to be better than Van Helsing at least...:D

Wasn't blade based on a comic, not an anime? or did the comic rip off the anime first?

Originally posted by toms

Wasn't blade based on a comic, not an anime? or did the comic rip off the anime first?

Blade was basically derived/Ripped off of the Vampire Hunter D manga. But I think they did a pretty good job. Atleast they did some original twists with it in the comic, I want to see more of the comic lines put into the movie.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Blade is cool....Sivs superhero fetish endures ! If only Wesley's Blade looked as cool as the Japanese Anime character he was ripped off from....Vampire Hunter D

mtfbwya

I don't know how you guys keep getting that Blade was ripped of some anime flick. Blade was created by Marvel Comics way back in the 70's.

Check it here

:confused:

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

And I'd like to add that the first two Blade films were suck at it's lowliest as well. Not quite the epitome of suck though.

Blasphemer!!!!

Blade 1 AND 2 kicked ass. I loved them both, and I will see the third one and be excited!

Edit - and I just saw the trailer...and...wow. My excitement has been upped, a LOT.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Blasphemer!!!!

Blade 1 AND 2 kicked ass. I loved them both, and I will see the third one and be excited!

I was just beginning to like you. This changes everything.

:D j/k, I never liked you.

j/k again. ;)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I don't know how you guys keep getting that Blade was ripped of some anime flick. Blade was created by Marvel Comics way back in the 70's.

Check it here

:confused:

hmm, interesting, Mr Groovy

still, VHD looks way more cool than wesley snipes in his bdsm gear :p

D.jpg

mtfbwya

Okay, the trailer won't play for me, but my opinion about the first 2 movies is that they were bout cool entertaining movies, but it's by far the stupidest take on vampires i've ever seen, except for all the crap in Angel and Buffy ;)

I like my vamps as either sulty vixens, or romantic gentlemen :D

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

hmm, interesting, Mr Groovy

still, VHD looks way more cool than wesley snipes in his bdsm gear :p

D.jpg

mtfbwya

He looks like Michael Jackson dressed up like one of the Muskateers. WTF?!

Blade is like Wesley Snipes' best role. He simply IS BLADE!

The Blade movies are action flicks, pure and simple. Some of you speak as if you expect some kind of great plot with great acting.

I accept the movies for what they are...a great action ride with some cool fights.

I liked the first two movies, so it's probably a safe bet I'll like the third. Unless someone really manages to screw it up completely.

Originally posted by Pie™

Okay, the trailer won't play for me, but my opinion about the first 2 movies is that they were bout cool entertaining movies, but it's by far the stupidest take on vampires i've ever seen, except for all the crap in Angel and Buffy ;)

I like my vamps as either sulty vixens, or romantic gentlemen :D

your just mad vos of that ep in buffy where they took the piss out of all those goth vampire wannabes and then slaughtered them all:D ;)

The thing about vamps is that you kind of have to make use of their distinguishing characteristics, otherwise you might as well not bother making them vamps and just make them some sort of uber-matrix-warrior. I thought that where blade 2 and underworld went wrong was they didn't really bother with the stuff that makes vamps (and werewolves) vamps... they just used vamps so they had an excuse for cool matrix style moves.

Buffy and angel on the other hand know and use the rules, they just enjoy messing with them and turning them on their heads occasionally for fun.:D

(Eg: angel having messy hair cos he can't use a mirror :D )

it's like a design book on my desk says... "you have to know what a rule is before you can know when to break it".

Archived