Home

Favourite Saber Fight (NOW WITH EP3 DUELS!)

Evil Dark Jedi

Favoutrite Saber Dual  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Favoutrite Saber Dual

• Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul(ep1)
    • Mace Vs Sidious (EPIII)
    • Yoda vs Dooku(ep2)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (EP III)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep5)
    • Luke vs Vader(ep6)
    • Anakin vs Obi (EPIII)
    • Yoda v Sidious (EPIII)
    • Obi vs Vader (ep4)
    • Anakin/Obi vs Dooku (ep2)
    • Obi vs Grievous (EPIII)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite was the Luke and Vader duel at the end of ep. 6. I love the part when vader is like " If you will not join then perhaps she will.... " then luke is like "NOOOOOO" and he jump out and u see their silouettes behind the staircase and them fighting. It has cool music and its just a great scene.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

When did that happen?

during the clone wars cartoon.

i voted for duel of the fates, cause although it didn't have the emotion of the OT duels, it just looked so pretty

:D

come may 2005, obi vs anakin will be the best ever.

btw, this would have been more at home at the star wars forum :)

You just want something to mod :xp:

The best duel in my opinion:

My favorite was the Luke and Vader duel at the end of ep. 6. I love the part when vader is like " If you will not join then perhaps she will.... " then luke is like "NOOOOOO" and he jump out and u see their silouettes behind the staircase and them fighting. It has cool music and its just a great scene.

Pretty nice battle aswell as the emotions ;)

Although DotF was intense aswell, but still ...

Its not technically a saber fight, but in the Clone Wars cartoon things, when Mace Windu kills a whole buncha tanks and gives the little kid his teddy bear back, thats my favorite.

As for saber fights, probably ROTJ fight, Luke vs Vader vs Emperor.

:lsduel:

Originally posted by Achilles

Obi-wan vs. Maul

The look of total surprise on Maul's face is priceless :dmaul3:

Agreed! :D

I loved the Duel of the Fates... including the Highlander the Series feeling of the fight. Pull out sword (lightsaber) and drop trenchcoats (robes).

Though the ROTJ Throne Room duel was very cool as well! :D

It's definitely gotta be Luke v. Vader at the end of RotJ. That fight made the whole movie (when you combined it with the space battle going on outside the windows, it kicked every other battle's butt out the window). The emotional intensity skyrockets it past the DotF scene, because even though the fight itself was a bit more intense in EP. 1, the dialogue and character interaction and MUSIC of the fight at the end of Return of the Jedi just blew past the Duel of the Fates. Also, Anakin's little stunts kind of pulled away from the intensity of the scene... Lando and Wedge and Han's actions made what Luke was doing that much more intense and powerful.

And I'll toss in a couple of other ones that are EU based... Luke Skywalker versus like 40 Yuuzhan Vong and then the Dread Lord Shimmrra himself at the end of The Unifying Force. And Mace Windu fighting Kar Vastor in Shatterpoint - though Kar has other kinds of weapons, vibroblades made of superconductor, it's about the same effect...

• 4 weeks later...

End of ROTJ, Luke vs. Vader. The whole mood set the theme, it was live or die for the Rebellion as well as the empire. It was either Luke or Vader to die, or them to turn dark and kill Palpy + Alliance (Sorry if some of this is wrong, I haven't seen the original trilogy in a verrrrrry long time!)

But the classic look of suprise on Maul's face is like :devscare: then he falls into the pit in two pieces :D

I love the Maul/Obi fight in terms of pure action, but the Vader/Luke ones from ESB and ROTJ have more emotion. I still get chills watching ROTJ when Luke is starting to beat Vader back behind the stairs and the "choir" or whatever can be heard.

Kick ass.

Archived