Home

NEWS:Flying cars in England.

kipperthefrog

-Clicky-

It apears the back to the furure flying cars is becoming a reality. I hope this thing works. I also hope to fly to Hawaii or something at a cheaper price...

Maybie air fair is high becuase there are too many people and not enough planes. mabie THIS will help the problem.

EDIT: they wouldn't get much business if it was too expensive.

Some people can't even drive safely and properly on the ground, how are they going to in the air? Think of the mayhem.

Sure, I'd love to have a flying car, but it better have a competent driving test for the license. Unlike the joke that passes off as "driving tests" these days.

Well, multiple things for me to apparently clarify in hyar.

Firstly, they're obviously not going to be civilian driven craft. Seems a lot more like a taxi service, and if it was human driven, then it would be a certified car/plane/bus thingy pilot.

Secondly, you all seem to think computer control is a terrible thing, but have you ever wondered just how much of our current cars are run by computers? I'll let you in on a secret....a LOT. You know those systems that take power in your tires from the tires that are slipping and move to the tires that are gripping? That's computer control right there.

An operating system like Windows is a GREAT deal more complex than a computer system that would pilot a vehicle, believe it or not.

With an OS you have to take into account anything and everything that can happen at any given time. You must be ready to accept interrupts from your I/O devices, you need to set up timeslices and memory allocation for processes that you want to run, etc. etc.

flying a vehicle like that would entail a much reduced workload, because each flight would be nearly identical to the last. You'd need to have it capable of handling errors, and there'd almost CERTAINLY be a pilot riding along, JUST in case something happened that the computer couldn't handle.

All in all, I think most people associate computer control to equate with their own PC experiences, while that is NOT the case atall.

Originally posted by Jed

THREAD DOES NOT DELIVER. :mad:

Damn right Jedski... :p

thats is just a damn yellow mini plane :D and its FUGLY :p

the only flying cars I accept MUST look like this, or better

aoshima_delorean_02f.jpg

as for the mayhem thing, i dont think it'll be too bad, GPS technology is fantastic and this would be an excellent application for it :D

mtfbwya

You right about computer controlls..

unless we figure out antigravity, we won't have hoverpads.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Damn right Jedski... :p

thats is just a damn yellow mini plane :D and its FUGLY :p

the only flying cars I accept MUST look like this, or better

aoshima_delorean_02f.jpg

as for the mayhem thing, i dont think it'll be too bad, GPS technology is fantastic and this would be an excellent application for it :D

mtfbwya

Here is another flying car...

EDIT: sorry if you fell the thread misleads, but the planes are just the begining, they will develop soon enough.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

EDIT: sorry if you fell the thread misleads, but the planes are just the begining, they will develop soon enough.

Bah ! what I want is those cars you can get that you can launch onto the water as speedboats...they are available(at $300k) and they look hella cool too :D

mtfbwya

EDIT: they wouldn't get much business if it was too expensive.

With "proof of concept" test flights scheduled for 2006, Avcen hopes the first jetpods will cost around $1 million.

:|

I strongly agree with ET. Think about Auto-pilot in planes etc. This is also a taxi service.

It's in improvement in technology, but it will still take a while before someone can take his "drivers flying license"

some people have very high standards for their flying cars...

The thing i don't get, is that they are obviously just intended as a taxi service, not to be drien by everyone.... but you can do all that with helicopters... why don't we have more helicopter taxis?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I think because Helicopters are a really slow and fuel inefficient means of transportation, in addition to not being able to fit that many people comfortably.

you've obviously never been in a hospital helicopter :joy:

this is about 3 year old news :x.

*heard about this nearly 3 years ago.*

Me and my bro talk on aim, because we wear headphones and can't hear each other. Heres a convo we had on the subject:

IG 64 Assassin = Me.

IGTIBERIUS64 = My bro.

IG 64 Assassin: hovering cars>flying cars

IGTIBERIUS64: doh

IGTIBERIUS64: pointless :|

IG 64 Assassin: think about it, you could kill demolish all the roads, but keep the traffic

IG 64 Assassin: no more asphault jungle

IGTIBERIUS64: o boy traffic

IGTIBERIUS64: weee

IG 64 Assassin: lol

IGTIBERIUS64: not to mention everyone would speed like hell

IG 64 Assassin: traffics reduces chaos

IG 64 Assassin: airplanes have traffic :|

IGTIBERIUS64: the technology needed isnt worth it :p

IG 64 Assassin: maybe

IGTIBERIUS64: unless they use magnets

IGTIBERIUS64: then we still need roads

IG 64 Assassin: but it would be cool to one day not have asphault roads

IGTIBERIUS64: still have to hace clearings though

IGTIBERIUS64: and what about drainage systems

IGTIBERIUS64: think of the flooding 8|

IG 64 Assassin: I dunno

IG 64 Assassin: keep the holes? :p

IGTIBERIUS64: roads look ugly but theyre the backbone of urban areas

IGTIBERIUS64: without those they would all be like the country :p

IGTIBERIUS64: shack in no where

IG 64 Assassin: lol

IGTIBERIUS64: no drainage no order kept

IGTIBERIUS64: and without roads it would be harder to see thigns on the road

IGTIBERIUS64: what about reflectors?

IG 64 Assassin: stop killing my dream XP

IGTIBERIUS64: owned.

IG 64 Assassin: it could work.

IGTIBERIUS64: but would it be worth it :p

IG 64 Assassin: without roads would we need drainage?

IGTIBERIUS64: roads dont take up that much space :|

IGTIBERIUS64: its the parking lots :p

Thought it might be intresting for you guys :giveup:

Archived