Home

The Matrix: RIP-OFF!

El Sitherino

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a while ago about the Wachowski brothers getting sued.

I'm glad she won her case, and will now receive money that was rightfully hers. I'm sick of the underhanded methods employed by big corporations, who think they can get away with anything due to their sheer size and clout. The Wachowski brothers should be ashamed of ripping off someone else's work.

I'd actually be intrigued to read this manuscript 'The Third Eye' - it might prove to be a lot better than the Matrix movies.

Originally posted by edlib

I always thought "The Matrix" was a just a sampling of "The Terminator" mixed with a lot of "Tron."

TRON! that's what I was thinking of. Damn, I kept thinking where have I seen this kinda thing before. TRON that's what it was.

Ed, I owe you so much for that!

Actually, I finally saw Matrix: Revolutions last weekend.

The ending reminded me of the ending of a series of books I read years ago "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Steven Donaldson. Very, very similar.

Of course, it could be said that there's really only a small handful of story plots out there, and everything we hear or see is just a variation of on one of those themes, with just the specific details altered. Similarities are bound to exist.

And Tron was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw The Matrix the first time.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I'd actually be intrigued to read this manuscript 'The Third Eye' - it might prove to be a lot better than the Matrix movies.

tru because the matrix movies sucked harder than a Hoover.

Especially the third one...at opening night we were there and the last 20 minutes of the movie ppl were throwing dirnks and stuff at the screen cursing it and leaving... when the credits rolled there were maybe 25 ppl left in the whole theatre.

and to think they even had the freakin nerve to put out a TEN disc DVD set....rofl?

Originally posted by edlib

Actually, I finally saw Matrix: Revolutions last weekend.

The ending reminded me of the ending of a series of books I read years ago "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Steven Donaldson. Very, very similar.

Of course, it could be said that there's really only a small handful of story plots out there, and everything we hear or see is just a variation of on one of those themes, with just the specific details altered. Similarities are bound to exist.

And Tron was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw The Matrix the first time.

yay someone else that just recently saw Revolutions!!!!

We're missing the point here.

I honestly don't care who had the suckier script.

This is ****ing revolting. I'm so glad this has been brought to my attention.

The most important part of the article is when the woman mentions why we've never heard about this case. And it's because Warner is so large.

There ought to be an outcry.

These people are suing children and college students for thousands of dollars those people do not possess. Over MP3s. Over sharing. And said lawsuits are almost completely baseless.

Not to say that I'm surprised that corporations are grabbing for as much cash as they can before turning around and being as hypocrtical as possible. I'm just saying it has to stop.

Tell everyone you know about this. Not to tell them that the Matrix is a lame movie, but to illustrate to them that these pigs need to die.

Bleh. There are made millions of movie scripts. Now, what are the chances that one script isn't somewhat similar to another? Not very large.

Greedy woman. Very greedy. She should be happy whith what she has, rather than suing everyone and their mother too.

The investigation also stated that "credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers." These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart's original work and that it had been "often used during preparation of the motion pictures."

This tells me there was at least some wrong done by at least someone. That doesn't sound like "chance" to me. :dozey:

Originally posted by Datheus

....These people are suing children and college students for thousands of dollars those people do not possess. Over MP3s. Over sharing. And said lawsuits are almost completely baseless.

well said man :D F**K Corporations, seriously F**K em all, always making life hard for the little guy....

*shares teragigs of copyrighted material* :p

mtfbwya

Archived