Home

Virtual island sells for $26,500 in cyber assets

jon_hill987

The thing that gets me is it ain't real, I could understand wanting a real island, but a digital one? the island is about as real a place as yoda's swamp.

Apparently its worth real money as well though, that's what I don't get. you can exchange it for actual cash. I've never done any MMORPG's so I don't really know anything about it, but is that right?

Read about this on another forum..apparently, the currency of the game can be exchanged into dollars..And that island has resources that with alot of work can generate thousands of dollars..

So its a IRL business investment..

If that guy is lucky, he can prolly end up with 60-100 thousand..

I've heard of the MMORPG Project Entropia.

It's a virtual world (set in the modern day, I believe, either that or near future) in which you can do anything and get a job and such, but everything you purchase within the game costs you real-live cash.

It's pretty sad. The game isn't even that good.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

The thing that gets me is it ain't real, I could understand wanting a real island, but a digital one? the island is about as real a place as yoda's swamp.

Hmmmmmm...I wonder...oh yesss...*evil cackle*

Get your exclusive Yoda's Swamp, home of insane, semi-psychotic Star Wars goodness! Starting bid is $25,000. Any takers?

...Anyone?

<.<

>.>

*sigh* okay, starting bid is five cents...

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Hmmmmmm...I wonder...oh yesss...*evil cackle*

Get your exclusive Yoda's Swamp, home of insane, semi-psychotic Star Wars goodness! Starting bid is $25,000. Any takers?

...Anyone?

<.<

>.>

*sigh* okay, starting bid is five cents...

I'll give you £1.75 and a packet of mints.

Originally posted by legameboy

I've heard of the MMORPG Project Entropia.

It's a virtual world (set in the modern day, I believe, either that or near future) in which you can do anything and get a job and such, but everything you purchase within the game costs you real-live cash.

It's pretty sad. The game isn't even that good.

It sounds like a better name would be "Project: Bleed suckers dry".

Any game where you have to pay 'real' cash for 'virtual' assets is obviously simply a scam. The sad thing is that people are so stupid they fall for it.

I wonder what happens when the server crashes and they lose all their data... :rolleyes:

*files this under 'People are stupid'*

Originally posted by TiE 23

OMFG, thats gay.

Dude I know! Why does it insist on always having sex with other news articles of the same gender? What's the deal with THAT?

Edit - That's what I get for quoting and replying before finishing a thread. It's been pointed out how stupid that statement was.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Dude I know! Why does it insist on always having sex with other news articles of the same gender? What's the deal with THAT?

Edit - That's what I get for quoting and replying before finishing a thread. It's been pointed out how stupid that statement was.

And it's time I point out how stupid you are.

:D

Yeh, kinda strange. It could be fun, I guess, but still not a good way to spend your money.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

VENGEANCE IS MINE!

hahahahahaha, you look stupid.

x2 what I said before.

Archived