Home

How to install mods?

Darth333

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a very long time since I installed mods for TSL, if someone could please refresh my memory as to where I stuff the files from the Source folder on some of the mods it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jester

@ DarthParametric: Thanks, as i said been about three years since I've used the game so my mind was a little blank lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm new to all this modding business and even thou i've been reading some posts on how to mod and stuff i've managed to download some files for kotor 1 but when i open them up they come with some file like tslpatchdata? where or wat are these files? and where is the folder for it? i can extract files no problem and following instruction is easy but it doesn't say where the tslpatch data file is , nor does it say create one if ness so i'm really stuck on how to use these type of files

any help wud be appreciated

thx

^^^^

FYI but you need to always read a mods readme file first for how to install their particular mod. ;)

In the case of the tslpatchdata mods they use the installer. You need to extract the archive to a temp folder and run the exe file it will install the mod as it uses the tslpatchdata folder as that contains the mods files for installation and it must be in the same folder as the exe file when you run it.

Hi, welcome to the forums! :)

Here's how to install a mod after you download it. First, unzip it to its own folder. Then, open up that folder to view its contents. If there is no tslpatchdata folder inside, then all you need to do is copy the files inside into your Override folder located in whichever directory you installed K1. If there is a tslpatchdata folder inside, then there should also be an executable file called TSLPatcher, Setup, Installer, or something along those lines. To install the mod, just double-click on that executable and let the installer do the copying work for you.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Beaten by RedHawke. :xp:

- Star Admiral

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody, I just have an issue that I would really like to solve, and I hope you guys can help. :/

Currently I am running KotOR 2 on a virtual disk, and for some reason I cannot edit the .Iso that it is located on, I cant even extract it. Also, whenever I try to start the game from the Lucas arts/KotOR2 file w/ game launcher, It says that I have the wrong Disk inserted even though I have the Virtual Disk of the Playing disk, which is Kotor_2_1 Right?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

-------Revan's

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How to install mods?

{Snipped to save space}

So I am trying to download a mod that uses the auto installer and it's telling me to find the file that the game is executable from. I've tried about every file that sounds like it would be it but nothing works. The mod also didn't come with a readme (that I can find anyway). Can I get some help?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Every time I try to use the TSL Patcher, it says: "WARNING: An Unhandled Error Occured!". I'm using Vista by the way.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I read the instructions and I don't really get some of them. I'm trying to install WOTOR

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if its possible to use several mods that use the appearance.2da file?

Can i rename one of them to appearance1.2da? Or copy the contents of one into the other using a texteditor?

If they use TSL patcher yes... If not then you will have to manually edit the appearance.2da and merge them for the different mods to work. Using one appearance.2da over a different one, will cause one of the mods to work incorrectly...

What do you mean by merging?

Would it work copy pasting from one to the other using a text editor?

You would need to download KotOR Tool... Click Me! and then open up the file with that, it's a rather laborious process depending on how much you need to edit. You could use TSL patcher to merge the two files if you set that up, which would perhaps be the easiest method, Stoffe's guide to TSLpatcher is definitive. What mods is it that your wanting to merge?

You may also find this thread helpful in performing the task Click Me

• 11 months later...

My question is related to in which order to install these mods:

K1 Force Pack

All In One Force Power Mod

ORD Mandell

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Animated Launcher for KotOR I

Weapons of the Old Republic

Force rage and destruction

Problem is:

All In One Force Power Mod has only copy installer (it is copied in override) and when I install AIO pack and WOTOR I get ingame problems with powers.

Help

• 2 months later...

HELP PLEASE.

I recently bought SW: Kotor (first one) for my HP Pavilion (I use Windows 7) and tried to install mods by placing them in the override folder. But every time I open the game to play, the mods do not work.

My KOTOR II game works fine with mods, but the first game will not run any mod whatsoever.

• 11 months later...

Hey, I just bought Kotor for my mac off steam. I'm wanting to try out some mods but I'm not sure if I have the folders I need to do so.. since the game runs through steam is it even possible to install mods? In Library>Application Support>Knights of the old republic> there is only as 'saves' folder and a swkotor.ini file. I tried just making an override folder there but it doesn't seem to be having an effect on the game. Cheats work however.

Archived