Home

Immobilized With Fear!

Boba Rhett

Originally posted by Mike Windu

The thought of a 16 mile run tomorrow frightens me to death. I'll tell you that much.

I was getting irritated with 10... >_>

It takes me around 7ish minutes to run a mile, which is a bit above normal for my age.

You're around 1 or two years older, so let's take a minute off to make the math easier.

Let's say you take 6 minutes to run a lap. You'd have to run for 6 minutes per lap consecutively, for an hour to get 10 miles. You'll have to run for an hour and thirty-six minutes to get 16 miles, remaining at 6-minutes per mile.

I'd just take off my clothes and run wildly into the wilderness if that ever happend to me. :indif:

Originally posted by Tyrion

Let's say you take 6 minutes to run a lap. You'd have to run for 6 miles per lap consecutively, for an hour to get 10 miles. You'll have to run for an hour and thirty-six minutes to get 16 miles, remaining at 6-minutes per mile.

Zee math... it hurts my brain! :(

Bad dreams for me are rarely physical monster rarara like, but more physicological terror. Something constantly bothering me, uncomforatble situations, fear that someone is watching me etc. Those type of dreams. I goddamn HATE them.

The monster/terrible thing/ horror ones make me laugh though : P

EDIT: Panic/Anxiety attacks suck. I started hyperventilating , couldn't breath, then saw stars and I guess blacked out.

I have dreams that bother me at least once a week. I don't remmeber all of it, but it always deals with me either A)Tripping, so I wake up and do the phsyical reaction to tripping, or B) Falling. I have fallen off my bed so many times due to that damn dream ><

And I remeber one of them, but it was weird. It was a good 5 years ago, but I remmeber it to this day. I am sleeping on the couch in my dream as well as in reality, and I get up to ask my mom something. This presence, not really a ghost, but not a person, something tells me that if I walk any more I will get killed. So I keep walking, just a biyt slower and a hand jumps out and claws right arm. I scream and run back to the couch and close my eyes when I lay down. I open it up and I see a little ball falling through a hole in my ceiling. It just keeps falleing, but it gets bigger, and bigger, until it's like the size of a planet from far away. All of a sudden I here that "other" thing yell out "DIE!" and it came down hella fast and hit me square in the stomach. I woke up and felt the worst pain ever in my stomach and my arm had like these scratch marks.

That dream scared the piss outta me and I didn't go to sleep for a good week.

Originally posted by Anthony

Apparently a while back I went on a 5 minute loud swearing and cursing spree while I was sleeping. :indif:

Hahahahaha......... oh..... sorry.... :indif:

Well....... for me, I get experiences where in my dream I'm stepping off a cliff, so I wake up in a shock and kick my leg :p

Its almost fun.

TiE

Am i the only one who can control my own dreams?

Thougt that was easy...I can control myself in a dream as if it was real, and i know its a dream.

I can also wake myself up.

Anyone else got some super-dream-powers?

meh, I really don't have nightmares anymore. I remember one I had years ago. I was on some roller coaster, and all of a sudden the tracks ended in a jump. The coaster flies towards King Kong and I land in the mouth. That's when I woke up and slingshotted upright.... That had to have been the most random nightmare ever. I'm sure some shrink would have a field day analyzing it.

Nowadays my dreams consist of world domination or some Kung Fu dream. And in my sleep, I have telekenetic powers.

*shrugs*

Originally posted by Tyrion

It takes me around 7ish minutes to run a mile, which is a bit above normal for my age.

You're around 1 or two years older, so let's take a minute off to make the math easier.

Let's say you take 6 minutes to run a lap. You'd have to run for 6 minutes per lap consecutively, for an hour to get 10 miles. You'll have to run for an hour and thirty-six minutes to get 16 miles, remaining at 6-minutes per mile.

I'd just take off my clothes and run wildly into the wilderness if that ever happend to me. :indif:

It was great the first 10-12 miles. We took it slow as hell. I mean, me, run at my top pace (around 7) for 16 MILES?

I ran at about a 8 minute pace the first 10 miles and on the way back dropped to like a 10-11 minute pace.

I'm is tired.

Originally posted by Anthony

Exaclty, one day I thought of spilling a drink or something like thats and I actually flipped out of bed and onto the floor.

and does anyone talk in their sleep?

Apparently a while back I went on a 5 minute loud swearing and cursing spree while I was sleeping. :indif:

Hehe! A couple weks ago my sister told me that I suddenly muttered, "Motherf-BEEP!" in my sleep. I actually censored myself with the classic TV show bleep. I laughed my @$$ off after she told me that :rofl:

@ Piece of Metal's post: my brother was once having a ton of nightmares, and one night told himself, "the moment I start a nightmaer I'll slam myself in the chest with my fist."

He went to bed with his fist curled at arm's length next to him. He started having a nightmare and -- BAM! His sternum hurt for a week, but he woke himself up :D I wish I had control over my body in my subconscious like that. I couldn't hit myself with my fist, but sometiems I can try and force my eyelids open. It's so insanely weird, how your eyelids seemed super-glued togtehr when you're asleep. I have to try really hard to snap my eyelids open and escape. :xp:

Ugh, had this terrible, vivid nightmare today.

I recently played resident evil 4, and watched shawn of the dead. So this was like a serious version of shawn of the dead (never saw dawn of the dead, dunno how similar it is), only with resident evil 4 zombies.

Here it is:

I was at my friend's house watching tv. There was a news report about a certain disese that turns you into a zombie. I walked outside to go home and I saw like, 3 or 4 of them, and a normal guy in-beween them. It seemed he was walking as to not gather attension. He started getting scared and speeding up, and I muttered to myself "don't run, don't run". He started running and they all lunged for him, mauling him and turning him into one of them.

I then read a paper, I think it was my sister's, like a memo type thing, I remember reading "I don't want to go back to the house with that thing locked up there". Well, I continued walking torwards the house, which is maybe 40-50 yards from my friend's house. I crossed the street and got onto the sidewalk. I then saw one or two more zombies on the street and tried to keep myself from running.

I started to feel scared, and in all my dreams I always get a side-effect when i'm scared, I start to feel sluggish, and I can't control my muscles as much, like you're really really tired and sick and can't move. Anyways, i'm trying my best not to run and I remember seeing a normal person get out of her house at the end of the coldesac, and I wanted to warn her not to go outside, but I didn't want to say anything as to not attract attension. I started to cross the street again to get to my house, which made me a bit closer to the zombies, I started speeding up, and saw one of them look at me. I then started to slow down, but he was still looking at me, so I started to run as fast as I could, which wasn't too fast because I was scared and sluggish.

I finally got in my house. It was dark, like when the suns going down and all the lights are off. I remembered the memo and started to get really scared. I started down the hallway to my brother's room and was feeling really sluggish and my vision started to tilt sideways and black out a bit. I strained to look in my brother's room, he was asleep, with his dog next to him. I then started back torwards the living room. I got there and was stading next to the couch, when I heard a gruff voice behind me. I forgot what it said, but I turned around, my vision was clear again, and I could see a shadowy figure of a man, slouching, the only thing not shadowy were his eyes, slightly glowing. He then lunged for me, I grabbed him and flipped him over my back, and we both dropped to the ground.

Both of us couldn't do anything cause we were gripping each others arms. I got an arm loose and started to try to hit the b****** in the face with my fist. But I was feeling really sluggish and had to strain to move my arm. I still got a few weak hits on him, but he was trying to bite at my hand. His head whipped around and bit torwards my other hand, that was gripping his arm, I strained to pull it away but wasn't fast enough, and I felt his teeth nip my finger a bit, not enough to break the skin. Then I said something, and he said something back, I forgot what it was. Then I woke up and my heart was practically beating out of my chest.

Btw, anyone have that thing where when you wake up you can't move for about 30 seconds? Where you have to strain to move your body and wake it up. Well, if you have, that's what it feels like in my dreams when I get scared.

Archived