Home

Where do the robes come from?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh Devon, devon, devon, for all the knowledge you claim to have...

It's quite simple the sith ones come from Czerka and the jedi ones come from aratek, (don't you remember czerka is the evil one, like walmart except not as evil:D )

But there are probably youngling sweatshops (:smash::whip1: ) in every enclave and sanctuary from coruscant to the outer rim.

But as we all know the best stuff is "hand-me-downs":D

Personally I would want a light suit of batman (or any of those superhero armors) armor with a light robe (or a muscle shirt and athletic shorts) to hide it, the robes would also be really jedi and stuff so you could still use force powers with the armor:cool:

Youngling sweatshops! :lol:

Seriously, where do you think the robes come from? Look at some of the stuff in the movies. After Yoda fights Sidious, he loses his outer obe. He goes to the medical facility where Luke and Leia are born... And he has another robe! Why would a medical facility have a Jedi robe?

I can think of a bunch of other situations in RotS where the characters get robes out of thin air...

Well they are supposed to be designed to blend in, and I don't think magical ability increasing robes would actually be a requirement for jedi, because that idea wasn't in the original movies, so they are probably the cheapest, most availabe, widely used clothing available, maybe the jedi designed a method of quickly converting any basic robe-like clothing to allow for the fighting and other things that jedi do.

Or George just had a few brain farts during production:D

Where do you get any clothes from in the Star Wars universe?

From a Tailor Droid of course! :tsk:

There is a really good Talior Droid GT5-8TD he has a shop on Coruscant, City Sector 17 North, Section 21... open 28 hours a day... tell him I sent you and he'll give you 25% off your first purchase! :D

Originally posted by stingerhs

i could have sworn that they came straight from a workbench....

Me too! :D

Originally posted by stingerhs

its amazing how you can turn all of those metal components into soft fabric....

Molecular re-arrangement, isn't it lovely?

1 kilo of Durasteel yields 100 meters of fabric... ;)

Originally posted by RedHawke

From a Tailor Droid of course! :tsk:

Tailor droids... THAT'S IT!!

Originally posted by RedHawke

There is a really good Talior Droid GT5-8TD he has a shop on Coruscant, City Sector 17 North, Section 21... open 28 hours a day... tell him I sent you and he'll give you 25% off your first purchase! :D

There are only 24 hours in a day.

I watch the fights mostly, but sometimes you just notice things like that, sometimes the consistancy of Georges movies seem like a story mod written by a kindergartenner (LOL spelling?:D)

P.S. I just noticed, in my "youngling sweatshop" animation, they are both smiling like they enjoy it...

Who knew the Jedi were kinky?!!!

Now your just being silly. Its been proven that coruscant, due to all it pollution, has a strange form of rain. This is call 'robe rain' when trousers, pantaloons and robes fall from the sky. The jedi mind-trick everyone and take the robes, then the trousers and finally the pantaloons. They sell the pantaloons to the sith and the trousers to czerka.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

I wonder, where do you think the Jedi and Sith get their robes? It's possible they sew them, but in Episode III, Obi-Wan loses his robe multiple times, and does not have enough time sew another one... Perhaps there is a division of Jedi in the temple that sews robes?

Perhaps the robes in Ep III are just normal clothings cause the Jedi in this era are too unskilled to make robes with special attributes like their predecessors during KOTOR times? That's 4000 years after all D;

Maybe there use the force to make them or just appear lol, i bet they have 1000 ready made all ready some business does it and they have them on every plante or somthing. I've always thourght where they have got them from as well.

I'm voting for Kenobi had a hidden backpack with 12 extra robes in it....lol Good hiding on his person huh?

And even though Lucas denies it with a fevor the movies are full of "errors" In Episode III ROTS, Vader and Kenobi fight for long long long minutes on the lava planet right next to the lava right??? Ever see em' sweat??? I think when that subject was brought up Lucas left the chat room.

You raised a good question there :thumbsup:

DM

Archived