Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

Well, not very much, but I like:

Saint Saiya because it's my first anime watched.

Naruto because it's the most realistic anime.

Dragonball because I watched this and mastered a lot of words and concept of Light and Dark Side.

Love Hina and Ah, My Goddess! I only watched a small portion of them but I like them.

I don't mind anime or manga, but I don't like them very much as I spend more time on more realistic TV shows such as "CSI" and "CSI: Miami".

I think that's it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok I need new anime recomendations

and to avoid being told something I've watched here is a list of what I've seen (mostly anywho)

DBZ (blah not into it anymore)

bleach (through current ep)

Amaenaideyo (both seasons)

Rozen maiden (both seasons)

Love Hina

yu yu hakusho(sp?)

Rurouni Kenshin

Gundam (everything and blah its old)

Fate/Stay night

Goldenboy

Haruhi

one piece (can't stand either version)

Witch hunter Robin

naruto

Shuffle

FMA

Poke'mon

Trigun

Tenchi muyo

S-CR-yd

Dragonball and GT

Inuyasha

there are probably more just can't remember >.>

So you've seen all of Zeta Gundam, the 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080 and all that? Really now.

Anyway, recommendations:

Mai-HiME - Excellent series, easily the best one of the 2004 season.

Ouran High School Host Club - This one also has a Haruhi, only way different. But it's still all kinds of awesome.

Full Metal Panic! + Fumoffu + The Second Raid - You have to have been living under a rock not to hear about these series.

Haibane Renmei - A sublimely beautiful series about spreading your wings.

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro - The best anime movie, evar.

Just don't watch the English dub of Mai-HiME... it's terrible. This is coming from a guy who likes English dubs too.

after watching fansubs of the last 7 series I've watched, I'm begining to perfer the subbed versions over the english dubs

Love Hina I couldn't stand the english version voices so I switched it back the japanese with english subtitles :animelol:

@Rogue Nine every gundam series that has been on TV I've seen to the point I'm sick of the show

Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmallow). DVD 3 (12 episodes in the series, 4 episodes per DVD) comes out next month. There's also Bleach, however the manga is still being printed and there's still new episodes being aired in Japan almost every week so it's not a complete set. You might also want to look into getting Samurai Champloo (I think it's ~$140 for all the episodes).

Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmallow).

This would be about what? I don't want to get Bleach, as it's being aired on Adult Swim. Yeah, it may be edited and what-not, but it's free. Also, Champloo's cool and all, but not my cup of tea in the later eps. I want something like Cowboy Bebop, but not quite as old. I want something that looks polished, but doesn't look all glowy-saturation-color-blending thing. Don't know if I've described it good or what, but you'll get it sooner or later. Like, I want a science-fiction thing, but no laser-guns or whatever. Anything like that?

This would be about what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Marshmallow

I don't want to get Bleach, as it's being aired on Adult Swim. Yeah, it may be edited and what-not, but it's free. Also, Champloo's cool and all, but not my cup of tea in the later eps. I want something like Cowboy Bebop, but not quite as old. I want something that looks polished, but doesn't look all glowy-saturation-color-blending thing. Don't know if I've described it good or what, but you'll get it sooner or later. Like, I want a science-fiction thing, but no laser-guns or whatever. Anything like that?

Hmm... what about Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell, or Ergo Proxy? I'm kind of just guessing Sci-Fi series...

Like, I want a science-fiction thing, but no laser-guns or whatever. Anything like that?

Gun X Sword - there are themes that you will recognise between Bebop and this. It's Sci-Fi and it's not polished. It's Firefly only the japanese anime version.

Then there is:

Grenadier - also a wild west story with high-tech armament, steampunk-ish, but not too much. Main character is a girl with huge... eyes and it has a lot of humour, perhaps too much, not as serious as other series. It's short, only 13 episodes.

Then there is:

The Third - this is a series that has gone unnoticed by the large crowd, it's still airing so it isn't finished yet. It's a post-apocalyptic unpolished sci-fi story with a lot of action and moody broodings. Every episode has exactly 1 joke or "gag" which takes up 5-10 seconds of the episode, which is very odd and a very interesting use of humor. The rest is just plain good action.

All of these series are of very high quality, both in the writings of the show and the visuals. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Then there is:

Grenadier - also a wild west story with high-tech armament, steampunk-ish, but not too much. Main character is a girl with huge... eyes and it has a lot of humour, perhaps too much, not as serious as other series. It's short, only 13 episodes.

grenrush.jpg

Eyes...yes...eyes...big...round...eyes...

• 1 month later...

been watching more series lately and here are my thoughts

Strawberry panic: Can anybody say YURI, while disgustingly cute at times, the constant and almost over powering yuri aspect of it, makes it a must watch for any yuri fan.

Ranma 1/2: I'm up to season 6 on it and its pretty good and unlike most really long series it manages to keep me interest. it also brings up a whole host of off the wall questions.

Kannazuki no Miko: The use of mechs sorta ruined the pretty evident yuri aspect of it. but it ended happily for a yuri couple for once.

Negima!: Magister Negi Magi: This series is pretty much a guilty pleasure, but the manga is better than the anime as far as I'm conserned.

Negima?!: This is a remake of Negima!: Magister Negi Magi, with a most needed grapics upgrade, along with a new artist and different storyline, all and all I perfer this one over the original series.

Ichigo 100%: got to episode 5 and couldn't go any further. the main character just got on my nerves.

Ranma 1/2 is right up there with DBZ in my opinion... Ranma nearly drove me away from anime (my cousin was totally obsessed with it, totally). DBZ is just annoying.

Strawberry Panic! is a parody of Maria-sama ga Miteru, another yuri anime. Its an obvious parody, and I think even the writers admitted to it being a parody. Still its an awesome series. <3

Other good series:

Simoun

Code Geas: Lelouch of the Rebellion

NANA

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (2nd season of the Hell Girl)

Nice to know that my thread is still alive (and still not stickied lol).

Ranma 1/2 is right up there with DBZ in my opinion... Ranma nearly drove me away from anime (my cousin was totally obsessed with it, totally). DBZ is just annoying.

eh Ranma 1/2 was created by the same person who made Inuyasha.

but I've been making a Ranma 1/2 romance chart which is confusing as hell.

because you have to figure in Female Ranma and Male Ranma.

But Akane Tendo is my favorite from that series

Greatest Anime of All-Time = Cromartie High School

Well, maybe not, but it sure is the funniest. And the live-action movie just makes it better, though I'm not a fan of "that" Mechazawa. And they screwed up "that" Hayashida's hair. And "that" Freddie doesn't nearly look the part. But it's so freaking hilarious. Anybody know where I can pick up a copy?

Archived