Home

vBulletin 3 upgrade issues thread

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my signature is in the center then it is working. Are you sure you're specifying where to align to?

EDIT

Okay, I think I get what you mean, it's center'd, just not in the center of the screen. I guess it's just due to the new layout.

I can't post anywhere with my other account, "Oreckel". Anyone know what's up? When I go to post anywhere (even here) I get a message telling me I don't have permission.

Anyone mind fixing that? I'd like to post with that account. :)

*edit*

Now I feel dumb. It would help if I clicked that confirmation link in the email, wouldn't it? ;)

Thanks. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've had a look into that before, and it seems to be an issue with the javascript which powers those buttons not loading until the rest of the page has successfully done so. However, if for some reason the ads don't fully load, or take a while to do so (possibly because of ad blocking software on your machine, or possibly because it's just being slow as the internet can be), the javascript will remain in limbo until it does.

The only realistic solution is to refresh the page and hope that the ad not loading was a temporary connectivity issue.

I've had a look into that before, and it seems to be an issue with the javascript which powers those buttons not loading until the rest of the page has successfully done so. However, if for some reason the ads don't fully load, or take a while to do so (possibly because of ad blocking software on your machine, or possibly because it's just being slow as the internet can be), the javascript will remain in limbo until it does.

The only realistic solution is to refresh the page and hope that the ad not loading was a temporary connectivity issue.

That's not it. When I edit a post, the buttons won't work in firefox with or without adblock turned on, or I.E.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really an"issue" but would it be possible to add the "spoiler" tag quick button to the advanced post options?

We already have the standards (bold, italic, font, size, color, etc.) but many of the newer members are having problems 'remembering' how to do spoilers (even after several attempts to aid them) ;)

[spoiler ] ..content... [/spoiler ] (without the spaces in brackets of course) :)

That or a more obvious link to the BBcode examples on the LF boards. Perhaps in the same window for Advanced posting (similar to the "More" link to the extra smileys)...

http://www.lucasforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

• 2 months later...

^ Sometimes, even the existing tags don't work when you use the button: it just taked you to the top of the page.

Another thing with the tag buttons: when you move the mouse over the button, it tells you what the button does. Would it be possible to display the text code for that specific button as well? For example, when you move the mouse over the bold button, it displays in a little box the word "Bold". Would it be possible to make it "Bold [b ][ /b]"?

Archived