Home

Official (optional) TSL Music And Movie Patch Released

Archon II

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=77430&tstart=0

Yay! We finally have the patch! Now all we need is a good restoration and we should be all set... The download itself is around 1 GB, leaving out us 56k users, but what do you expect? There's talk also that there is a new .bik movie in which Citadel Stations blows up... Something like "MalMov06.bik", so check it out!

Well this is cool. I never thought LA would actually release these.

Same here.. just finished my download(s).. and this thing is freakin' HUGE. No wonder it wasn't released Officially® :eek:

Sucks though... I just started Morrowind so this patch will be "sitting" for awhile...

If only their "couple of days" didn't mean several months I'd probably be more excited rather than 'Ho-Hum' :rolleyes: ... ahh well... I'm glad it's available now...

Trust me, if you just started playing morrowind you'll install that patch tomorrow.

nope ;) been playing for a week now and loving it.

Until there's an actual 'content' patch that fixes bugs, pretty pics & sound isn't going to stop me from exploring other avenues. If so, I never would've played BloodRayne 2 (which also kicked arse)...

However when the Restoration Project gets released, then I won't think twice about putting other games on hold & firing up TSL for a new round of lightsaber slashing/saving the Galaxy adventure :D

I explored the new movies that I had unlocked in the game's main menu. The movies seem quite a bit crisper, though they are still grainy in certain areas. If you have the harddrive space, it makes for decent eye candy in a relaxing playthrough (compared to a hurried playthrough where you skip as much dialog and movies as possible :) ).

I didn't notice any improvements in the music, though that is a harder area to judge effectivly

Sucks though... I just started Morrowind so this patch will be "sitting" for awhile...

hehehe, I just Started Fable:The Lost Chapters. So Captain, we're in the same boat.

Still, this rocks like............... something that really rocks! :urpdude:

EDIT:

Whew! I started downloading just after I posted. They just finished! Thats a little over an hour to download all that. I feel sorry for dialup users.....

Well after checking out the patches I find my self wondering why I spent 1gig of bandwidth on it. The music is worth while, but I could live without the movies.

Glad you posted this T7! :) I was about to start DL the movies, I got the music last night, but I was wondering just how great the movies were. I'm going to hold off for a while see what the general consensus is before I reconsider downloading them. ;)

For what it’s worth here is my take.

Get the music patch it’s a big improvement over mono sound ..

However forget the vids , I feel cheated 1 GB and about 19 min per 149 mb file download on DSL transfer rate 2.6 mbs .. what a damn waste

My first test in rad tools the movies where pixilated along the left side like bad encoding and didn’t even fit on screen properly, and worse then the original that shipped with the game.

What I expected if they ever actually did it : They would re- render the movies at a higher resolution from the scenes they had rigged.

What we got: Resampled up originals, that look worse in my opinion

In graphics and video there is only one good way to scale and that is down ask any graphics professional resampling an image up is always lossy and worse when you scale pixels up you loose details, you can’t make something from nothing.

If they did it properly it would look like Dvd quality in rad tools and in game .. However it doesn’t. So do what you please, but as for me I’m reinstalling the original vid files to overwrite the HQ [ ya right ] vids because they are actually clearer then the new UPsampled ones.

Here is what Adobe PS help has to say on the matter :

“resampling can result in poorer image quality. For example, when you resample an image to larger pixel dimensions, the image loses some detail and sharpness. Applying the Unsharp Mask filter to a resampled image can help refocus the image details.

You can avoid the need for resampling by scanning or creating the image at a sufficiently high resolution.

“You can’t improve a lower-quality image by printing it at a high resolution. Changing the print resolution of an image simply makes each pixel larger, which results in pixelation—output with large, coarse-looking pixels. Increasing the print resolution of an image doesn’t add any pixel information to the image.”

The same goes for video

svösh

Well after checking out the patches I find my self wondering why I spent 1gig of bandwidth on it. The music is worth while, but I could live without the movies.

The movies look the same to me. Granted, I restarted and have only seen the openning movies. (The "word scroll" and landing on Peragus)

Maybe some of the later movies are better?

As for the music, it rocks! I have a surround sound setup, so I'm very happy!

Definitely a huge difference.

So, to sum up (what others have said, as well):

Movies: not worth the trouble and harddrive space

Music: good, download if you want better music

Archived